TRKCKL11

favorite things you'll miss from canada

229 posts in this topic

The 'fanciest' store here (apart from the Whole Foods) is a Giant. Ummmm.. not quite the experience I was hoping for, lol.

Monique

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have to say, there are a few foods that my Canadian fiance has got me hooked on that, of course, I cannot get in the town I live in. Love donairs, ketchup and all dressed chips (Old Dutch brand prefereable), Kinder Eggs (although I did see them in a store when I visited family in New Haven, CT), wine gums.

Oh ####### I forgot about Wine Gums. I actually still have about 6 packs of them from my last trip in the summer. Yeah I like them stale. The only thing similar is those soft Life Savers and I refuse to try them...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not looking forward to no Coronation Street.. Unless someone can tell me that they can get it in the US, in which case you'll be making my year :) Hee hee.. I already told my fiancé that he is WAAAAY better than the Street!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I have to say, there are a few foods that my Canadian fiance has got me hooked on that, of course, I cannot get in the town I live in. Love donairs, ketchup and all dressed chips (Old Dutch brand prefereable), Kinder Eggs (although I did see them in a store when I visited family in New Haven, CT), wine gums.

Oh ####### I forgot about Wine Gums. I actually still have about 6 packs of them from my last trip in the summer. Yeah I like them stale. The only thing similar is those soft Life Savers and I refuse to try them...

Just say no to the life savers. Take it from me, I have tried them and they are definitely NOT wine gums!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm not looking forward to no Coronation Street.. Unless someone can tell me that they can get it in the US, in which case you'll be making my year :) Hee hee.. I already told my fiancé that he is WAAAAY better than the Street!! :)

I think it shows on BBC America. Check their website.

And no, gummy life savers are not nearly wine gums. But I think World Market has Maynards, check their website to see if there's a store near you.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

And no, gummy life savers are not nearly wine gums. But I think World Market has Maynards, check their website to see if there's a store near you.

Alas.. it does not.. :( Nothing on BBC America that I can see. Stupid East Enders.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Alas.. it does not.. :( Nothing on BBC America that I can see. Stupid East Enders.

Coronation Street is also shown in many countries worldwide.....

A conspicuous holdout amongst English-language television markets is the United States. The Trio channel aired a few episodes of the serial as a part of special-interest programming project, but a concerted effort to air it in the American market has never materialized. A two-disc DVD compilation was released in America, however, provoking some optimism that a cable channel might be interested in showing the soap. In the early 1970s some episodes were shown on WGBH Channel 2, the public television station in Boston, Massachusetts; while in the early-1980s, USA Network aired Corrie on weekends, but only briefly.

American viewers in the parts of the northern U.S. can view CBC's Coronation Street telecasts. In particular, cable TV subscribers in places including Seattle, Buffalo, parts of Michigan and Pittsburgh are able to view the programme on CBC affiliates. Other Americans near the Canadian border can view the program via over-the-air reception from nearby CBC transmitters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV1

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Coronation Street is also shown in many countries worldwide.....

A conspicuous holdout amongst English-language television markets is the United States. The Trio channel aired a few episodes of the serial as a part of special-interest programming project, but a concerted effort to air it in the American market has never materialized. A two-disc DVD compilation was released in America, however, provoking some optimism that a cable channel might be interested in showing the soap. In the early 1970s some episodes were shown on WGBH Channel 2, the public television station in Boston, Massachusetts; while in the early-1980s, USA Network aired Corrie on weekends, but only briefly.

American viewers in the parts of the northern U.S. can view CBC's Coronation Street telecasts. In particular, cable TV subscribers in places including Seattle, Buffalo, parts of Michigan and Pittsburgh are able to view the programme on CBC affiliates. Other Americans near the Canadian border can view the program via over-the-air reception from nearby CBC transmitters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV1

WHAT!!! That's crazy.. Almost makes me rethink the entire move.. OF ALL THE NERVE.. :) Nah... still want to be with my honey more! :) It will be worth loosing track of the crew. I'll just have to spend the next month saturating myself in the story lines. *sigh*

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
I'm not happy about the loss of Corrie Street either. But if you visit this site http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/corrieweeks/ you'll be able to receive all the updates. Mind you, they're a little bit ahead of us so you'll need to read the archives first. lol

I know all about that site.. it's evil.. takes all the fun out of watching the show. I have a friend that comes over regularly from the UK (where they are months ahead). She always goes.. ooooh is that how far back are you now??? She said about 3 months ago, Mike Baldwin is going to die.. WHY OH WHY :( I just like my daily 20 minute fix. *sigh.. What we will do for love

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been missing Sunlight laundry detergent. It's the only scented detergent I can tolerate without getting migraines, and it made my socks so white! Guess that's getting added to the "Please bring if you visit" list :)

I definitely miss Loblaws, the grocery stores here just don't compare.

Timeline
I'm not happy about the loss of Corrie Street either. But if you visit this site http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/corrieweeks/ you'll be able to receive all the updates. Mind you, they're a little bit ahead of us so you'll need to read the archives first. lol

I know all about that site.. it's evil.. takes all the fun out of watching the show. I have a friend that comes over regularly from the UK (where they are months ahead). She always goes.. ooooh is that how far back are you now??? She said about 3 months ago, Mike Baldwin is going to die.. WHY OH WHY :( I just like my daily 20 minute fix. *sigh.. What we will do for love

I'm not sure but you might be able to find it in bit-torrents. People post tons of tv shows.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We got a satellite dish programming package that included BBCAmerica in hopes we'd still get to watch Trailer Park Boys (yeah I know, some people think it's stupid...but I like it!) but they stopped showing it. We don't get too many Canadian shows on BBCA as it is. Oh well, we'll get our dose of favourite shows when we fly home for a visit...soon we hope! :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

I'm not sure but you might be able to find it in bit-torrents. People post tons of tv shows.

Been the torrent route already :( No go. It's probably because it's an hour a day 365 days of the year. Too much programming to hack and steal :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Swiss Chalet delivery .........

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.