229 posts in this topic

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Swiss Chalet delivery .........

Swiss Chalet period. Boston Market is good, but Swiss Chalet sauce just can't be beat...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm not happy about the loss of Corrie Street either. But if you visit this site http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/corrieweeks/ you'll be able to receive all the updates. Mind you, they're a little bit ahead of us so you'll need to read the archives first. lol

I know all about that site.. it's evil.. takes all the fun out of watching the show. I have a friend that comes over regularly from the UK (where they are months ahead). She always goes.. ooooh is that how far back are you now??? She said about 3 months ago, Mike Baldwin is going to die.. WHY OH WHY :( I just like my daily 20 minute fix. *sigh.. What we will do for love

I'm not sure but you might be able to find it in bit-torrents. People post tons of tv shows.

Been the torrent route already :( No go. It's probably because it's an hour a day 365 days of the year. Too much programming to hack and steal :)

Ah, well that sucks then.

Anyone back "home" who can record it and send tapes weekly? :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I know that this was a post from awhile ago, but I thought I'd give my answer to it now . So my answers are (in no particular order):

-Food: 1) Smarties (I wish I had brought more over! Maybe I'll stock up next time I go to Canada? Way better and more colourful than M and Ms too. They make good Holiday presents too for the Americans here. The "smarties" here in the US are what Canadians call "rockets", and it's just not the same thing!). 2) Bagged Milk (It takes quite a bit of strength to lift those jugs) 3) Shreddies (Although I have found the shredded wheat squares here to temporarily substitute, but it's not the same)

-"Canadian English". Sorry, words just look better when they are spelt with "-our", "-re", and "grey", not "-or", "-er", or "gray".

-One word: "Eh?"

-Free Healthcare

-Hearing/seeing our temperatures said in "degrees C" instead of "degrees F" (I still can't figure out the conversions!)

-The Metric system (Easy conversions, units of 10...)

-Multi-coloured paper money (Though I don't like those heavy loonies and twoonies).

-Canadian TV Shows: Mr. Dressup and The Royal Canadian Air Farce (Though if I drive a couple towns over to a friends' house that is closer to the Canadian border, I can watch some Canadian tv channels)

-Canadian laid-back and passive attitudes. Simpler Canadian history and Canadian politics too.

-Beautiful Canadian scenery (Although there is beautiful scenery here in the USA too).

-Most important of all (to me): My cat (which I sadly had to leave behind in Canada)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.