Nikki12

I-751 State Issued ID Card(CA)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

My I-751 is pending and I received RFE requesting more evidence. I have most of stuff ready except for the ID card. I went to DMV and requested it but they said my learner's permit works as ID card and they were actually annoyed that I was gonna double their work...(I applied for permit the same day.)

I paid for it anyway and waiting for the card to arrive in the mail.

It's been almost a month now and I still don't have the card. I could send a copy of learner's permit as a "State Issued ID Card" but not sure if that's acceptable.

Does anyone know it is ok to do so or if I should wait for the card to arrive?

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most state's dmv offices force your application to go through the central office and can takes a very long time (I think ours was 6 weeks or something in Florida). A learners permit or drivers license is a de facto id and has been for decades since the u.s. has no real form of "id card". Of course people can get a state id card, but very very very (maybe 1% at most) americans get them and even then it is mostly limited to people below 16 who need some form of id for a job or school etc etc. Just sent them your learners permit since it is the same thing (your id card will even look exactly the same... only it will it say id haha).

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your learners permit is the hard flexible plastic card with your photo and not the temporary paper permit with no photo, then that plastic card with your photo is your government ID as well as your permit to drive.

That state ID card could take 2-4 weeks to arrive.

It's a very good idea to have both the drivers license and the ID card, if you lose your wallet or purse, you still have ID.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

state id card is good enough. in the state of new jersey, once apply, state id card or learner's permit, you received it on the same day at the dmv.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks for the responses!

My permit is printed on regular paper(black&white) It does have a picture and id number that can be used to validate my personal check at the store...but it's not a card...

Do you think that's good enough?

This is the 4th week so I hope I get it in the mail soon...but I don't wanna wait til the last minute tos end the packet!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What was the RFE originally for? Was it requesting ID that you did not include the first time or is it asking for additional ID?

Did you submit a copy of the permit the first time you sent the petition?

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.