dukeandduchess

POE Success - Blaine WA

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know my POE was successful and super easy. We waited in the line for about an hour. When I got to Customs the officer he looked horrified when he saw our van loaded to the roof (lol). I told him I was activating my K1 visa and my parents were helping me move. He seemed to be relieved and asked if I had my sealed envelope. I passed it to him and he said to hang onto it and directed us to secondary inspection. We pulled in and were told to leave everything inside (especially all electronics). I asked about my wallet and they said I didn't need it *which was totally wrong, you need $6 for the I-94*. I brought my wallet inside along with my sealed envelope and the plastic folder I had that has all of our information inside.

It took about an hour to get processed, which was uneventful and boring. The man who processed me seemed to get interrupted by a newer officer next to him so that may have added a lot of time. He asked for my packet then told me to sit down. After about 15 minutes he called me up and asked me how long my parents were staying. I told him just to drive me down and help me move - about a week. He told me to sit down. Then he called me up about 15 minutes later and took my fingerprints and a photo. He then asked me when I was getting married (I said start of April). I told him I knew I had 90 days to get married and he told me good, and that I mustn't forget to get married. I said well that's kind of the point (jokingly of course), which he actually smiled at.

After another 20 minutes or so he told me to come up again and he gave me back my passport and wished me good luck. Told me to go over to the cashier to pay my $6 for the I-94 and reminded me to get married.

Fairly simple really just seemed to take a long time (I was expecting 15-30 minutes based on a lot of reviews. Just thought I'd share since I know a bunch of Vancouver people are getting close to their POE's.

Hardest part so far has been sitting around not working! Only a week or so until I start volunteering I hope. :)

Woot, good to hear that it went well! And yeah, an hour seems long, but I'll make sure I go an hour early for my POE - I'm probably going through YVR. If it's too early, more time to load up at Tim Horton's at YVR one last time.

Wahhh, more fees!?! Never ending fees! :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations, glad it went well.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Congrats! Glad it was uneventful!

Enjoy your time off! I miss those days!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Thanks all! Yes I know the grass is always greener on the other side... lol :)

Yep.. it dumped snow this morning in Vancouver (washed to slush now). Definitely more greener and sunnier where you are now!

Timeline

Yep.. it dumped snow this morning in Vancouver (washed to slush now). Definitely more greener and sunnier where you are now!

Yeah it's so nice here. It did rain the other day but not like it does in Vancouver. Hurry up and get down here already! When is your interview?

Yeah it's so nice here. It did rain the other day but not like it does in Vancouver. Hurry up and get down here already! When is your interview?

Next week, on Wednesday, tentatively. My guy will be done his paperwork and fedex'n it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be here before Tuesday or I'll reschedule.

Did my medical today. Waiting outside the medical building at 6am while it snowed sucked.

Timeline

Next week, on Wednesday, tentatively. My guy will be done his paperwork and fedex'n it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be here before Tuesday or I'll reschedule.

Did my medical today. Waiting outside the medical building at 6am while it snowed sucked.

So exciting!! Keep me posted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.