salma2

what does "mandatory administrative processing 'means

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

hi,I highly appreciate if someone can help me clarify a situation,my fiance who is egyptian male but lives in saudi arabia,he had the K1 interview in riyad, they took his passport and told him they will send him the visa in 3 or 4 weeks but it has been 50 days,I emailed the embassy twice, and each time they say that the case is undergoing "mandatory administrative processing".what does that mean? i am very worried please help me! :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hi,I highly appreciate if someone can help me clarify a situation,my fiance who is egyptian male but lives in saudi arabia,he had the K1 interview in riyad, they took his passport and told him they will send him the visa in 3 or 4 weeks but it has been 50 days,I emailed the embassy twice, and each time they say that the case is undergoing "mandatory administrative processing".what does that mean? i am very worried please help me! :crying:

It means everyone at that consulate does the same thing

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

They also told us "mandatory administrative processing" but I KNOW not everyone at the consulate goes through the same thing. I personally know others where the same type of visa was approved the same day

It is just another way of saying "administrative processing". It means they are doing some checks on the beneficiary. It could be name check in DC, FBI database, some documents, or a number of other things. Based on your case you probably know what yours is for. If you don't then its most likely name checks. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to find out the "exact" status.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2011-06-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-13

NVC Received : 2011-09-16

NVC Left : 2011-09-20

Consulate Received : 2011-10-11

Packet 3 Received : 2011-10-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-10-27

Packet 4 Received : 2011-12-01

Interview Date : 2012-01-20

Interview Result : Administrative Processing for Beneficiary past Studies

Visa Received : 2012-02-27 (AP over)

US Entry : 2012-03-06

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 214 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Alot of Muslim males go through AP and as others have said it can take weeks or months.

The FBI states they complete 80% of the name checks within 2 months and their goal is to complete them all by 4 months.

If you wait longer than 2 months then I suggest contacting your congressman

If a case is in MANDATORY Administrative Processing it usually means name and background checks with FBI

If case is in INTERNAL Administrative processing it usually means background checks, relationship checks or document verification at the embassy.

Both can take a long time.

CALL Department of State DOS-202-663-1225 and press 1 then press 0 and ask them every week the status of your case

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,

Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,

Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,

Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen. http://www.abil.com/....0Wolfsdorf.pdf This list is complied from an attorney and the list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I need help my fiancé went to the embassy in Egypt for an interview on April 1 2014 for a k1 visa and the officer was very rude and mean to her and at the end of her interview he give her a paper that administrative processing is marked on it , two weeks after that she got her passport back from the embassy with no visa on it and no refusal form so I contacted the embassy and they told me that's the case is going under mandatory AP then I asked them back why did u sent her passport back before finishing AP they told me that's the case is going to be send back to the national visa center and if u have any more inquiry call the NVC I waited two weeks after that and I called the NVC they told me that's my case is under AP and that's they don't have more information for me and they hung up on me and now im so confused and worried and I don't know what to do so im seeking help with any kind of advice

I need help my fiancé went to the embassy in Egypt for an interview on April 1 2014 for a k1 visa and the officer was very rude and mean to her and at the end of her interview he give her a paper that administrative processing is marked on it , two weeks after that she got her passport back from the embassy with no visa on it and no refusal form so I contacted the embassy and they told me that's the case is going under mandatory AP then I asked them back why did u sent her passport back before finishing AP they told me that's the case is going to be send back to the national visa center and if u have any more inquiry call the NVC I waited two weeks after that and I called the NVC they told me that's my case is under AP and that's they don't have more information for me and they hung up on me and now im so confused and worried and I don't know what to do so im seeking help with any kind of advice

Start a new topic.

This is an old topic from 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.