floridababy

Going to Start our journey on April

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI I'm a newbie here.How are you doing folks?<I am just confused with the forms.I've seen I-129F forms and G-325A and at the right upper corner of it there is an expiration date.

My Questions is?

1.Will it be fine to use those forms to file? let say the form expiration date says 02-29-12 if we are planning to file 3rd week of April 2012.Should we use forms that will not be expired before filling?helpsmilie.gifhelpsmilie.gifhelpsmilie.gifinnocent.gif

Any help will be highly appreciated.

My Fiance is a Us Citizen busy at work so I am the one who is doing the research and we will be filling out the forms when he is here again in the Philippines on 1st week of April with me for the 3rd time.

Ill be asking more questions in the future I just want to say thanks in advance to those who will be patient answering my questions.

Have a Blessed Day!smile.gif

Edited by floridababy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI I'm a newbie here.How are you doing folks?<I am just confused with the forms.I've seen I-129F forms and G-325A and at the right upper corner of it there is an expiration date.

My Questions is?

1.Will it be fine to use those forms to file? let say the form expiration date says 02-29-12 if we are planning to file 3rd week of April 2012.Should we use forms that will not be expired before filling?helpsmilie.gifhelpsmilie.gifhelpsmilie.gifinnocent.gif

My Fiance is a Us Citizen busy at work so I am the one who is doing the research and we will be filling out the forms when he is here again in the Philippines on 1st week of April with me for the 3rd time.

Ill be asking more questions in the future I just want to say thanks in advance to those who will be patient answering my questions.

Being you are not filing until April wait for the new forms to be posted, its only a couple days or so.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

My Questions is?

I would recommend filing NOW - not waiting (it's a very long journey, and the sooner the better), but of you insist on waiting, just gather all the required dosuments (I don't think they will change) and just wait for the new form - which should become available much sooner than your planned filing date.

Good Luck :)

Edited by MaggieT

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Questions is?

I would like to say welcome to the Visa Journey. You are on the right website for this journey. You will find many Knowledgeable people here that will answer your question and concerns.

As for the forms expiring. All depends on when you submit your I-129 Package. I believe USCIS will accept the forms even if they are expired up until the new form is posted on USCIS website.

The Visa process can be lengthy but not so lengthy that it will drive you crazy... average wait time for approval (NOA2) is 5 - 6 months. It may seem long but time will past. Be patient with the process or you will go crazy.

Then the fiance (you) will need to start you Visa Application process in Philippines. You will need to gather and all required documents, IDs and Payments. Visa Application, Medical, Interview, and CFO.

If you have any questions. Feel free to ask.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

USCIS posts it on their webpage when a previous edition is accepted. Look for that. I'd recommend using an updated version since it's a process with multiple stages (UCSIC - NVC - embassy), meaning one person just has to have a bad day/be picky about the details. However, I admit to submitting a form that had been printed out for about 6 months - my husband printed it out after my first visit, and we didn't have any issues at any stage with the previous edition of the form.

Why not start the process now instead of waiting? Mail your fiance the documents needed from you. If the timing(filing in April) matters, then disregard my suggestion.

:)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would like to say welcome to the Visa Journey. You are on the right website for this journey. You will find many Knowledgeable people here that will answer your question and concerns.

As for the forms expiring. All depends on when you submit your I-129 Package. I believe USCIS will accept the forms even if they are expired up until the new form is posted on USCIS website.

The Visa process can be lengthy but not so lengthy that it will drive you crazy... average wait time for approval (NOA2) is 5 - 6 months. It may seem long but time will past. Be patient with the process or you will go crazy.

Then the fiance (you) will need to start you Visa Application process in Philippines. You will need to gather and all required documents, IDs and Payments. Visa Application, Medical, Interview, and CFO.

If you have any questions. Feel free to ask.

Good Luck and God Bless!!

:thumbs:

USCIS posts it on their webpage when a previous edition is accepted. Look for that. I'd recommend using an updated version since it's a process with multiple stages (UCSIC - NVC - embassy), meaning one person just has to have a bad day/be picky about the details. However, I admit to submitting a form that had been printed out for about 6 months - my husband printed it out after my first visit, and we didn't have any issues at any stage with the previous edition of the form.

Why not start the process now instead of waiting? Mail your fiance the documents needed from you. If the timing(filing in April) matters, then disregard my suggestion.

:)

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am just copying an pasting what I provided someone else. Even though some forms expire soon, USCIS does not necessarily put an updated format up. If they do not update the expiration on the forms then the prvious ones are still honored. Meet you fiancee in person, take lots of pictures, have call history, webcam screenshots, passport with entry stamps, airline tickets, etc,,,, and then follow the guides found on VJ. Here is the message I sent someone who may have received his NOA2 after filing his I=129F Petition. It is for the Philippines and I have been throught the entire process once before and attended the Embassy interview with my now ex. Take care.

If you received your NOA2 you can call the NVC and get the MNL number. Once you have it, have your fiancee pay for the VISA fee and you can go online and set up the interview appointment. The link for the K1 Interview Preparation Packet is below. Make sure your fiancee has all of the information listed in the packet. If she went by more than one name and it is annotated in any of your proof of realtionship paperwork, make sure she get her NBI with and A.K.A. Also have a Cenomar ran with her birthname and A.K.A. also. They may tell her she doesn't need it, but she needs to be firm with them and tell them that the US Embassy requires it. If she doesn't have them if needed, the Consular Officer can terminate the interview until she has the missing documentation. Once the interview is scheduled she will need to take her St. Luke's Medical Exam at least a week prior to her interview. It is a 2 day exam normally. Hope that she doesn't have a period right before she goes for her exam or it will cause you problems with a delay. They will not do the physical exam of her if she is o her period. Just make sure all paperwork is completed and accurate listed in the packet, the correct number of copies, etc.... As for your I-134, you don't need to send it anywhere if you will be bringing it to her. It requires your origianl signature. What I gave as supporting documents for it was my last 3 years of IRS tax transcripts, W-2's, 6 months of the most recent pay stubs, Letter of Employement from Job stating my position, hire date, standing with the comapny and salary. I also got a letter from my bank. Some of this may be overkill, but better to have more than not enough. Now that you have everything organized and in accordance witht he preparation packet, have her go to the interview and dress presentable, be friendly and smile. She should be able to answer any questions without a delay and if she doesn't understand the question or did not hear it clearly, she should politely ask the Consular Officer to repeat it. I sat in on my first ex K1 and it was stamped approved at the prescreeners window. When I sat down with her during the Consular Officer interview, I was asked a couple of questions, but most were directed to her and he even gave her the option to be asked them in Tagalog. The officer was very nice, courteous and professional. Good luck. Don't hesitate to ask me anymore questions should you need further clarificaction. I will also provide a link to the Embassy reviews so you can see thw questions and experiences of others who went there for thier interview and for Saint Lukes. When you have successfully passed the interview, they will mail the sealed packet via courier and her passport with K1 Visa in it will be outside of the sealed packet. Do NOT open that packet. It is to be given to USCIS at the first entry point into the U.S. for her processing. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. Take care.

Richard

K1 Start

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

St. Luke's Information

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs

Online Interview Appointment System (Pay VISA fee first-See Packet below where to pay)

https://cgifederal.s...m/applicanthome

K1 VISA Interview Packet

http://photos.state....3__rtf2_003.pdf

U.S. Embassy Manila Reviews

http://www.visajourn...&cty=&dfilter=3

Edited by RickJovi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.