V + M

Booking an interview at Montreal…

97 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancés pkt 4 was finally sent to him last week, but we cannot seem to get an interview, with Montreal. I did check several weeks ago and there were some available dates. I know it might take some time getting one, but I guess I just needed some piece of mind. When is the best time to check, any particular day, is there a phone number to inquire about this? My apologizes if this has been discussed before, but this is more for my sanity and in hope that we will schedule one soon (: TIA

Edited by Matty's girl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

this is a big topic...search it and you can see threads of other periods when there was an appointment 'drought'. Sometimes they pop up in a group of 10 or more, in which case they dissappear very quickly, , but sometimes a whole month and more of appointments will open up at once. Get on a thread with other people trying to get appointments right now and see what the current situation is. I was in a group that started to try to get appointments in September and we clicked the website for about 6 weeks before they opened up. When I got mine, it was about two weeks away, but appointments for up to 6 weeks away were available. I think this might have been an unusually long time without openings. . As of that time, there was no way to gain any ground by calling or emailing. There IS a number to call but they just tell you that "they see what you see on the website". You just had to keep checking the site. Once those appointments opened up, there were some available for several weeks afterward I think. So any time you have available to go on and check... that's the thing to do. And get on a thread with others ... they will announce on here when appointments have come open. It's a support group!

Good luck and I hope they open soon. I'm sure someone more recent will give you more recent account of this...

Edited by frostiana

I'm there with you. For the past 3 days, I've been logging on every 2 hours to try for an interview. If I ever find any open, I'll be sure to post here (...or in another thread, if available) to let others know. I know from reading this site when I first started this journey, Montreal interviews can be hard to come by and it takes a lot of patience and persistence to snag one.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long!

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Snag one as soon as you can! They become very scarce at times and it is unpredictable to know when they will release new ones. I was in the 2011 Spring crew trying to book one and we went through a dry spell of 2-3 weeks without anything available. I initially booked for May and was later able to trade for an earlier appointment in April.

Once you have made an appointment, you can always go back and change it for another available date. Good luck!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

yes that's true... if you see an appointment... grab it... just click on the accept box and keep going... you can always go back into the calendar later to pick another date. So if when you click 'ready to schedule' a date comes up... you don't need to read all the stuff.... scroll down till you see a box that says 'confirm' or "accept' I can't remember... then continue and make sure you click any necessary boxes... no need to read all the stuff.

you don't have to worry about paying first, many pay right at the interview (although that was last year... things could have changed)

good luck you will make it... we all did!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes that's true... if you see an appointment... grab it... just click on the accept box and keep going... you can always go back into the calendar later to pick another date. So if when you click 'ready to schedule' a date comes up... you don't need to read all the stuff.... scroll down till you see a box that says 'confirm' or "accept' I can't remember... then continue and make sure you click any necessary boxes... no need to read all the stuff.

you don't have to worry about paying first, many pay right at the interview (although that was last year... things could have changed)

good luck you will make it... we all did!

My FI has his interview in two weeks; we booked back in January. I'll note that we looked multiple times with the "ready to schedule" box checked, and no appointments were available. When we did "permanently immigrate", we were able to find a time.

Be open and ready to try both "ready to schedule" and "permanently immigrate". :)

Good luck!

Edited by nycheryl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you everyone for the feedback. You are all a blessing (: At least this puts me more at ease. I agree with the idea if anything comes up, please post here or anywhere, as I will do the same. I find myself checking every hour just to become more and more frustrated. :( I love that I can come to VJ and get the support needed to get through this. It is good to know others have gone through or are going through my situation. Thanks again guys…I’m sure we will make it just fine!

Timeline

Some people have waited as long as 2 months before they got an interview. :( Just gotta be persistent. I gave my husband my login information so he could check while I was at work.

Timeline

Some people have waited as long as 2 months before they got an interview. :( Just gotta be persistent. I gave my husband my login information so he could check while I was at work.

me too... we had 3 people on watch... it was crazy... we clicked all the time... every few minutes!!!! from whenever I got up till 9 or 10 at night!!! we tried to find out if they came available at particular times but in the end... it seems like they come available during the day. And in hindsight I would almost not worry and just wait til everyone says there are appointments! :) so don't worry too much but try when ever you can. When they come available... it'll be more than a minute if they open up a month like they did for us.

Timeline

I'm there with you. For the past 3 days, I've been logging on every 2 hours to try for an interview. If I ever find any open, I'll be sure to post here (...or in another thread, if available) to let others know. I know from reading this site when I first started this journey, Montreal interviews can be hard to come by and it takes a lot of patience and persistence to snag one.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait too long!

We're in the same boat too -- if we see that there are any openings, I'll be sure to let you guys know. Good luck!

Timeline

We're in the same boat too -- if we see that there are any openings, I'll be sure to let you guys know. Good luck!

you might want to consider exchanging text or email addresses for when you see appointments :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Some people have waited as long as 2 months before they got an interview.

This is the most disheartening/maddening thing I've ever heard :(

We filed in July and received Packet 4 two weeks ago. Planned the wedding for May because the lawyer ASSURED us everything would be completed by January...guess not.

I'm glad I found this community, because I've been feeling very low about the whole thing. Thanks for taking the time to write out your experiences everyone :) And happy waiting!

Timeline

We filed in July and received Packet 4 two weeks ago. Planned the wedding for May because the lawyer ASSURED us everything would be completed by January...guess not.

I'm glad I found this community, because I've been feeling very low about the whole thing. Thanks for taking the time to write out your experiences everyone :) And happy waiting!

I really think that you will be OK for May!!! Even if it's say another 6 weeks to your appt. date... then a week or so to get the visa... then over the border... still tons of time til May. :hehe:

I'm hoping to be on our way to the US by May as well. It's frustrating to do everything "right" to keep it all moving from NOA2 to this point and then just come to a screeching halt because there are no interview spots. Sigh. Nothing to do but our chins up and keep trying, right?

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Timeline

Nothing is assured in the immigration process. It'd be nice if it was. One Canadian VJ member just got out of advanced processing which was nearly 3 months long... That is, she went to the interview, got approved and had to wait 3 months for her visa to be printed and mailed back to her.

It's best to either plan your wedding far, far in advance or not plan it at all until your visa is in your hand. Until then your wedding date is a moving target. I know this sounds harsh but it's true, there is potential for delays at every step throughout the process, including after the interview. I wouldn't trust a lawyer who gave you a hard and fast date because no such thing exists.

Edited by pocheros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.