Dr. A ♥ O

Two Western Journalist die in shelling in Syria

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

I just watched the video that was posted. Its ashame that we will send aid and the syrian people will probably not recieve any of it. If they do they wont know it was from the United States.

Timeline

God Donna I am so sorry. I am at a loss for words of what to say to this. You were married in the city of Homs which is under the worst siege and your husbands family is in Damascus which has also seen terrible fighting. Is this family ok? How is your husband handling it? It must be very difficult for you both. Again I am so very sorry. It is horrible what is happening to civilians there, especially the innocent children.

His family is ok. Thanks for asking. My husband is worried of course. This is his homeland being demolished and kids and woman being killed. He has never liked Assad or his regime. I think his brother's did like them but things have changed since killing of innocent civilians has happened.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with you. I think it's a crock that we condemn China and Russia for the UN Security Council veto when we all know we can easily go in there and put a stop to this and help these people from being slaughtered. We took matters into our own hands before like with Iraq and had less of a reason for going into there as we do now. Perhaps they are more concerned about winning another election right now?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I agree with you. I think it's a crock that we condemn China and Russia for the UN Security Council veto when we all know we can easily go in there and put a stop to this and help these people from being slaughtered. We took matters into our own hands before like with Iraq and had less of a reason for going into there as we do now. Perhaps they are more concerned about winning another election right now?

it could very well be a election thing. who wants to spend more money. people have already hated obama for spending money on getting our country back on track and they would really scream if he started a war.

Timeline

it could very well be a election thing. who wants to spend more money. people have already hated obama for spending money on getting our country back on track and they would really scream if he started a war.

Yeah you're probably right. He started and finished Libya and also nabbed Osama Bin Laden damn him. lol

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Yeah you're probably right. He started and finished Libya and also nabbed Osama Bin Laden damn him. lol

And he got us out of Iraq and is finishing getting us out of Afghanistan next year. Dont forget that.

i am also thankful for the auto industry bailout as I work for GM. I would be sitting unemployed now with 19 years of service behind me if he wouldnt have agreed to bail them out.

Edited by Donna A

Timeline

Bless your heart. I hope that people will see the images coming from Syria and appeal to Obama to take action there regardless of the UN veto(s) and help the men, women and children from the relentless brutality. It is within our power to do so and we must.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

yeah something has to be done. if syria had oil im sure they would have sent forces already. we tend to help those who have some kind of value to us. too bad his own army wont turn on him and wipe him off the face of the earth. that would solve the whole thing if he had no backing. u know his army probably dont care about him either but thats their boss and they have to do what the boss says.

Timeline

I know from reading reports that some members of his army have turned on him but you are for the most part correct. From my understanding it is basically one tribe against all the tribes. The main general carrying out these strikes is Assad's own brother.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I know from reading reports that some members of his army have turned on him but you are for the most part correct. From my understanding it is basically one tribe against all the tribes. The main general carrying out these strikes is Assad's own brother.

see u know more about syria then i do. i didnt know assads brother was involved. i guess i should educate myself more.

Timeline

see u know more about syria then i do. i didnt know assads brother was involved. i guess i should educate myself more.

See that's part of the reason why I post these article here. To provide information you may not seek otherwise and to raise the level of awareness on what is happening in the region, because it affects our lives too with being married into these families. I have also found that discussing these issues with our SO's provides a level a dialogue with them that we may not have had otherwise. We develop an insight into what is going on with them internally as they are certainly feeling the affects, and it brings us closer to them intimately because we're able to talk to them about it and they are free to discuss it with us if they need to.

Here is a good 11 minute video package published recently about the horrors happening in Homs.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

See that's part of the reason why I post these article here. To provide information you may not seek otherwise and to raise the level of awareness on what is happening in the region, because it affects our lives too with being married into these families. I have also found that discussing these issues with our SO's provides a level a dialogue with them that we may not have had otherwise. We develop an insight into what is going on with them internally as they are certainly feeling the affects, and it brings us closer to them intimately because we're able to talk to them about it and they are free to discuss it with us if they need to.

Here is a good 11 minute video package published recently about the horrors happening in Homs.

my husband sent me this one. funny u found the same one.

Timeline

my husband sent me this one. funny u found the same one.

Yeah. Will you do me a favor send me whatever else he sent you on Syria so I may have a look at them please?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Yeah. Will you do me a favor send me whatever else he sent you on Syria so I may have a look at them please?

he sends them to my cell phone. i will have to figure how to send them here. give me a few minutes.

Why should the US intervene when there is such as thing as the "Arab League". Let the "Arab League" get off their dead worthless arses and do something for a change.

The US pumps billions of US tax payer dollars to MENA countries every year.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.