Carm

K1 visa interview gone awry!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Please tell that 10 months of waiting for a fiance visa were not all in vain!! My finace's visa interview in Naples, Italy was today and they attacked him on a (false) charge. Has anyone's fiance visa ever been approved after a 221g has been issued for Administrative Processing? One small misunderstanding led to this HUGE collapse of my dreams. Also, has anyone successfully gotten help from a senator regarding their 221g? :crying::(:angry::help:

~~~LOVE TIMELINE~~~

07/2001 While backpacking in Europe, I met my "cousin's next door neighbor" aka future husband

12/31/01 We exchange "Ti amo"'s, our first official day of our relationship

06/2004 Fiance proposes in same spot as our first ti amo's (oh, he's a keeper!!!!!)

12/2004 Officially engaged (on bended knee in front of my family!! he's doubly a keeper!!!)

~~~VISA TIMELINE~~~

01/12/06 I129F sent to TSC

01/18/06 NOA1 received from CSC

01/21/06 Touched

06/14/06 Talked to Senator's secretary signed privacy form

06/21/06 Sect told me that the file was in the final stages of security checks

06/27/06 Email notification: NOA2 forthcoming!! "This case has been approved."

07/03/06 NOA2 Received

07/17/06 NVC fowards app to Naples

08/16/06 Naples receives app (what took so long??)

09/01/06 Naples "processes" application in their computers

09/18/06 Naples emails us an appointment date Oct 2 &3

10/02/06 MEDICAL: Fiance did not bring immunization records, gets all shots for 230Euro, ouch!

10/03/06/ INTERVIEW: Told to wait 2-4 weeks for Administrative Processing (221g) on fingerprints!

12/14/06 Two and a half months pass and Fingerprints results are in and we're given another interview date

12/19/06 INTERVIEW #2: no problems with prints-- K1 VISA ISSUED!!!

02/02/07 My love arrives in Orlando, no temp EAD issued at airport or local USCIS office :(

02/18/07 We get married after exactly 32 months of engagement!

Filed: Timeline
Please tell that 10 months of waiting for a fiance visa were not all in vain!! My finace's visa interview in Naples, Italy was today and they attacked him on a (false) charge. Has anyone's fiance visa ever been approved after a 221g has been issued for Administrative Processing? One small misunderstanding led to this HUGE collapse of my dreams. Also, has anyone successfully gotten help from a senator regarding their 221g? :crying::(:angry::help:

:huh:

your mixing your information. you talk of Admin processing < 221g > then you talk of a charge?

if there is a charge its not 221g. maybe its 212. you need to provide more information as to what the letter

your SO was given.

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would think that administrative processing is unusual going through Napoli. Is your fiance an Italian citizen, or does he happen to be a foreigner with Italian residence?

Timeline

your mixing your information. you talk of Admin processing < 221g > then you talk of a charge?

if there is a charge its not 221g. maybe its 212. you need to provide more information as to what the letter

your SO was given.

I'm sorry for the confusion. My fiance had been denied entry to the US in Dec of 2005. In a sworn statement, he denied that he had worked while in the US and the Immigration Officer called a place of business and they completed bleeped up the situation bc they told the IO that he worked for them for 2 years, which is completely untrue and totally possible to prove otherwise considering the evidence is in his passport. He's never worked in the US and has never stayed more than 90 days. So in today's interview, they pounded the same nail in deeper, claiming that he broke the law while in the US so to sit tight until the FBI investigated the charge and got the info back to them. I'm getting a statement from the person they spoke to who screwed up not only his entry in 2005 but his fiance visa app. do you understand why I'm desparate to have some justice prevail in this situation?? It's a he-said, she said and they don't give a ####### about what my italian fiance has to say about it. how devastating one woman's words could be?

here's what box was checked off on the document given to my fiance today:

"Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the

provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following

remarks apply in your case:*

Administrative Processing. We will contact you when we have information from Washington, DC."

My laywer seems to think there's no way that the FBI would be bothered with such a menial investigation and that I should just apply for a 1-130, knowing that this situation could even pop up again in the future.

THanks for any info you can pass my way. Or just dip some sympathy chips at the pity party i'm throwing myself.

~~~LOVE TIMELINE~~~

07/2001 While backpacking in Europe, I met my "cousin's next door neighbor" aka future husband

06/2004 Fiance proposes in same spot as our first ti amo's (oh, he's a keeper!!!!!)

12/2004 Officially engaged (on bended knee in front of my family!! he's doubly a keeper!!!)

~~~VISA TIMELINE~~~

01/21/06 Touched

07/03/06 NOA2 Received

10/02/06 MEDICAL: Fiance did not bring immunization records, gets all shots for 230Euro, ouch!

10/03/06/ INTERVIEW: Told to wait 2-4 weeks for Administrative Processing (221g) on fingerprints!

12/14/06 Two and a half months pass and Fingerprints results are in and we're given another interview date

02/02/07 My love arrives in Orlando, no temp EAD issued at airport or local USCIS office :(

Timeline
I would think that administrative processing is unusual going through Napoli. Is your fiance an Italian citizen, or does he happen to be a foreigner with Italian residence?

thanks for replying! He's all italian and even my lawyer didn't see the 221g coming. I was told main burden of the 129F was to prove we're are a legit couple...well after nearly 5 years together, i didn't think that would be the problem please see my other reply to get the full scoop.

~~~LOVE TIMELINE~~~

~~~VISA TIMELINE~~~

01/21/06 Touched

07/03/06 NOA2 Received

your SO was given.

I'm sorry for the confusion. My fiance had been denied entry to the US in Dec of 2005. In a sworn statement, he denied that he had worked while in the US and the Immigration Officer called a place of business and they completed bleeped up the situation bc they told the IO that he worked for them for 2 years, which is completely untrue and totally possible to prove otherwise considering the evidence is in his passport. He's never worked in the US and has never stayed more than 90 days. So in today's interview, they pounded the same nail in deeper, claiming that he broke the law while in the US so to sit tight until the FBI investigated the charge and got the info back to them. I'm getting a statement from the person they spoke to who screwed up not only his entry in 2005 but his fiance visa app. do you understand why I'm desparate to have some justice prevail in this situation?? It's a he-said, she said and they don't give a ####### about what my italian fiance has to say about it. how devastating one woman's words could be?

"Section 221(g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the

provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following

Administrative Processing. We will contact you when ."

My laywer seems to think there's no way that the FBI would be bothered with such a menial investigation and that I should just apply for a 1-130, knowing that this situation could even pop up again in the future.

THanks for any info you can pass my way. Or just dip some sympathy chips at the pity party i'm throwing myself.

reguardless what happend in the interview. the COs pride themself on getting information. thats their job is to interview.

putting that aside. your SO is on Admin review.

what does this mean?

1. means security checks both local and in the USA..

2. 221g means in english .. means MORE INFORMATION.

this could mean security checks coz of the statement " we have information from Washington, DC "

this also means they need to have the DOS < department of state > make the decision for the CO.

3.. admin processing can last.

17 days - 2 years. the longest to dateon VJ is 2 years and 5 months.

yeah you could apply for I-130. I would NOT suggest it!!!!!!

reason is.. 221g is NOT a DENIAL. it only means

we need information- coz we cant adjudicate.

your visa is NOT approved and NOT denied.

so there is no point to file I-130 til a real decison is made.

shon.gif

Carm,

I am confused here. Why would a place of business claim that your Fiance worked there for 2 years, if untrue? This seems highly improbable. Please clarify that point.

Administrative Processing. We will contact you when we have information from Washington, DC."

EDIT. your SO is on ADMIN processing,...NOT REVIEW

thats diffrent..

Carm,

I am confused here. Why would a place of business claim that your Fiance worked there for 2 years, if untrue? This seems highly improbable. Please clarify that point.

I agree william. :thumbs:

this is why the 221g. Admin Processing.... they need more information.

Admin processsing - can be anything the CO, DOS, and Embassy want it to be.

if you file I -130. you still have to respond to the 221g.

shon.gif

Timeline

Carm,

np-- the place of business was completely inept and most importantly, didn't even verify with their records about whom they were being inquired about. had they done that, they would have seen that my fiance was NOT in their records and also that they were not just vaguely answering a call for a reference (as if for a job interview). some people can be just flat out stupid and put their whole company's rep on the line for one rushed phone call.

~~~LOVE TIMELINE~~~

~~~VISA TIMELINE~~~

01/21/06 Touched

07/03/06 NOA2 Received

Carm,

Do you know who this "alleged" employer is? If so, I suggest you have an attorney contact them and demand an affidavit substantiating their claim that your Fiance was employed there. If untrue, they can formulate an affidavit clarifying the mistake.

This approach, surmises of course, that this is the only sticking point.

You can then supply this document in your Fiance's defense.

FYI: The FBI does not investigate issues such as this. If the FBI is involved in some sort of investigation on your Fiance, their is much more information required here.

np-- the place of business was completely inept and most importantly, didn't even verify with their records about whom they were being inquired about. had they done that, they would have seen that my fiance was NOT in their records and also that they were not just vaguely answering a call for a reference (as if for a job interview). some people can be just flat out stupid and put their whole company's rep on the line for one rushed phone call.
Carm,

Edited by William33

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

How did they get the name of the business? did they just call up random people? How is your fiance associated with this business in ANY way?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
Carm,

Do you know who this "alleged" employer is? If so, I suggest you have an attorney contact them and demand an affidavit substantiating their claim that your Fiance was employed there. If untrue, they can formulate an affidavit clarifying the mistake.

FYI: The FBI does not investigate issues such as this. If the FBI is involved in some sort of investigation on your Fiance, their is much more information required here.

Carm,

In Dec 2005, my fiance came over on the Visa Waiver Program and they denied his entry in Philly after they ransacking his bags and took out all of his papers. They found a resume in italian which mention his volunteer experience at a company in FL. They called the place of business and the lady completely mistook him for someone else bc she said that he had been working at their company over 2 years (IMPOSSIBLE ON BOTH COUNTS!!). If that wasn't enough, they found the paperwork we were getting ready for the fiance app and of course they were idiots and wouldn't believe that either. He asked for a phone call, a lawyer, a interpreter, a call to the Italian embassy/consulate...and he was denied ALL of them. They told him if he didn't stop asking for a phone call (they waved handcuffs in his face), he would have to wait in jail for two days until the office re-opened (as if no one works on a saturday) or go back to Italy. He chose the latter, considering the treatment he was getting and of course being put in jail was not an option (he's seen too many episodes of COPS). I didn't find out until he was about board the plane that all this was happening .

DO I QUALIFY FOR THE AWARD FOR THE MOST UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE, TOTALLY MESSED UP USCIS EXPERIENCE EVER??

Edited by Carm

~~~LOVE TIMELINE~~~

~~~VISA TIMELINE~~~

01/21/06 Touched

07/03/06 NOA2 Received

Carm,

Carm,

In Dec 2005, my fiance came over on the Visa Waiver Program and they denied his entry in Philly after they ransacking his bags and took out all of his papers. They found a resume in italian which mention his volunteer experience at a company in FL. They called the place of business and the lady completely mistook him for someone else bc she said that he had been working at their company over 2 years (IMPOSSIBLE ON BOTH COUNTS!!). If that wasn't enough, they found the paperwork we were getting ready for the fiance app and of course they were idiots and wouldn't believe that either. He asked for a phone call, a lawyer, a interpreter, a call to the Italian embassy/consulate...and he was denied ALL of them. They told him if he didn't stop asking for a phone call (they waved handcuffs in his face), he would have to wait in jail for two days until the office re-opened (as if no one works on a saturday) or go back to Italy. He chose the latter, considering the treatment he was getting and of course being put in jail was not an option (he's seen too many episodes of COPS). I didn't find out until he was about board the plane that all this was happening .

DO I QUALIFY FOR THE AWARD FOR THE MOST UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE, TOTALLY MESSED UP USCIS EXPERIENCE EVER??

Not sure, but I'd have to say that story is up there with some of the most bizarre ones I've heard since joining this board!

Get your lawyer all over this...if he/she can't get something done, do as another poster did and get one who can. A lawyer isn't worth the fee if he/she can't make things easier/get answers for you. I'd also start pestering my congressman/senators. They usually can't intervene but a phone call from one of them can often light a fire under a case.

Good luck!

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
In Dec 2005, my fiance came over on the Visa Waiver Program and they denied his entry in Philly after they ransacking his bags and took out all of his papers. They found a resume in italian which mention his volunteer experience at a company in FL.

Whether he worked there for 2 years or not, the above problem remains.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.