Seiren

Let me just get this straight

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm an american living in Canada with my canadian spouse.

I just want to make sure of what the very first thing I do is:

File the I-130 to Vermont?

Wait for the receipt?

Then file the I-129f to chicago with the receipt?

Is that correct?

What I don't understand is where the medical thing comes in. How do you know what to do?

October 1 2004 Married in Dallas, TX

February 2005 Moved to British Columbia, Canada

June 2006 Sent off Application for my Canadian Permanent Residence

October 13, 2006 DCF - Took I-130 to US Consulate in Vancouver

October 17, 2006 DCF - Returned to US Consulate in Vancouver - I-130 approved!

October 30, 2006 DCF - Receieved Packet!

November 06, 2006 DCF - Mailed Part 1 of packet to Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm an american living in Canada with my canadian spouse.

I just want to make sure of what the very first thing I do is:

File the I-130 to Vermont?

Wait for the receipt?

Then file the I-129f to chicago with the receipt?

Is that correct?

What I don't understand is where the medical thing comes in. How do you know what to do?

Start by reading the guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

and

here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2993.html

Medical comes before the interview.

You should check to see if you as the USC must have a US domicile to file for a spousal visa.

Good luck.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

You will need a US address in order to file with Vermont. You must also be within their jurisdiction.

If you are a legal resident of Canada, then file directly with the US Consulate there and process there. You will still need a US domocile and US income in order to do this. Medical is before the interviews. The US Consulate wil tell you when and which doctors.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Timeline

desert_fox,

Living in Canada, she is in the jurisdiction of the VSC. But I agree that DCF might be the better option if she qualifies.

Yodrak

You will need a US address in order to file with Vermont. You must also be within their jurisdiction.

If you are a legal resident of Canada, then file directly with the US Consulate there and process there. You will still need a US domocile and US income in order to do this. Medical is before the interviews. The US Consulate wil tell you when and which doctors.

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
desert_fox,

Living in Canada, she is in the jurisdiction of the VSC. But I agree that DCF might be the better option if she qualifies.

Yodrak

I'm pretty sure I won't qualify for DCF, but I'm wondering, for the I-130, do I need to put my American address (being my parents- I still have bank ties and such to there) or my current canadian one?

Edited by Seiren

Seiren,

I would put my own address where I am residing, if I were you. That's the address that qualifies you to use the VSC.

Yodrak

desert_fox,

Yodrak

I'm pretty sure I won't qualify for DCF, but I'm wondering, for the I-130, do I need to put my American address (being my parents- I still have bank ties and such to there) or my current canadian one?

Timeline
Seiren,

I would put my own address where I am residing, if I were you. That's the address that qualifies you to use the VSC.

Yodrak

desert_fox,

Yodrak

Right, I'm putting the Canadian one.

Seiren,

I would first visit the nearest US consulate and confirm that they would not accept my I-130 for processing.

Yodrak

Seiren,

Yodrak

desert_fox,

Yodrak

Right, I'm putting the Canadian one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.