Mononoke28

Colombia Club Part IV

504 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

GringoD, I think I saw your question for this before, but was not 100% sure if you could reschedule your interview using the same on-line facility that you might have used to book your interview, so I signed on to the Embassy site, using my fiancee's passport, DOB. Once you successfully sign-in, you will get to a page called "Applicant Summary". If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a section that says "What would you like to do?" The first link says "Reschedule Appointment". I did not go beyond this point, as I did not want to tempt fate here and mess with her current appointment. I also noticed on the Applicant Summary page a line that says "Reschedule/Cancel Deadline", which is the day before her current interview date. I don't know why the embassy personel would not direct you to this page to reschedule, but then again, I have been given info from them that has been wrong, so maybe I should not be surprised.

Hope this helps,

Jon & Clau

jajajaj... Jon & Clau,....

I followed through from the packet 3/4 online page they sent to her,

and finally got to this site,

https://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/,...

and, put her name and DOB in, as you said...

Only to find it say this: "you have no :no: appointment scheduled" :help::unsure::crying::help::o

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

GringoD, I think I saw your question for this before, but was not 100% sure if you could reschedule your interview using the same on-line facility that you might have used to book your interview, so I signed on to the Embassy site, using my fiancee's passport, DOB. Once you successfully sign-in, you will get to a page called "Applicant Summary". If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a section that says "What would you like to do?" The first link says "Reschedule Appointment". I did not go beyond this point, as I did not want to tempt fate here and mess with her current appointment. I also noticed on the Applicant Summary page a line that says "Reschedule/Cancel Deadline", which is the day before her current interview date. I don't know why the embassy personel would not direct you to this page to reschedule, but then again, I have been given info from them that has been wrong, so maybe I should not be surprised.

Hope this helps,

Jon & Clau

jajajaj... Jon & Clau,....

I followed through from the packet 3/4 online page they sent to her,

and finally got to this site,

https://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/,...'>https://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/,...

and, put her name, Passport No., and DOB in, as you said...

Only to find it say this: "you have no :no: appointment scheduled" :help::unsure::crying::help::o

Now... this has nothing to do with fraud, lack of love or anything else.

We are "mature", and our relationship is genuine, SIN DUDA.

But, the "maturity" factor may play a part here... she hardly ever gets on computer to do much of anything, other than when we webcam, and an occasional email.

HEREIN MAY LYE THE PROBLEM:

I don't know why, but.....

She filled out the forms online, as directed in packet 3/4.

BUT THEN....SHE MADE THE APPOINTMENT ... BY PHONE.

SOMEWHERE.... THERE'S A COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN.

It could be between her and them.

It could be on their end, at the embassy, at the point of the phone call, where she said back on Feb 9, that they gave her a Mar 23 interview appointment date.

_______

I'll save my opinions for later!

Maybe it's good this happening, that I asked her to RE-SCHEDULE.

Cause I'd be a lil pissed off, if I WENT FOR THE APPOINTMENT and, there was none scheduled :rofl:

So.... does one, like me, here and now, go ahead on that webpage and SCHEDULE an appointment, where it says she has none??

She called and called and called some more last week, trying to get through on phone.

First time she finally got through, someone gave her the options that I stated before, either to send them an email, or keep the Mar 23 and ask for R/S then.

But, that is going to put us WAY ... OUT ... THERE... past the approval date expiration.

Subsequent attempts to call and talk to someone else,... failed miserably, waiting forever for nothing.

I'm inclined.... to go ahead and hit the button to schedule an appointment on that

https://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/ site, but.......

I do have some hesitation.

DILEMMA.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

What next?

Timeline

ok.

I took the plunge.

But, even though on the initial 'Log-in',

they identified her "Applicant Identification Number" along with her name, dob, and passport no.,....

5 or 6 pages later, in-putting other information, and click yet another button,

And, it says: CASE NUMBER NOT IDENTIFIABLE.

So, in other words, the Case No. doesn't match with all the other info :angry::devil::unsure::blink::huh:

______

Ok, I said, she's not computer savy.

And, she was very nervous with all the uproar WHEN FINALLY WE WERE APPROVED AND THE PETITION, ETC. WAS IN BOGOTA AND SHE COULD FINALLY GET THIS GOING.

Something's definitely fish-y! here.

This will be interesting, jejeje!

Edited by GringoD

What next?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

ok.

I took the plunge.

But, even though on the initial 'Log-in',

they identified her "Applicant Identification Number" along with her name, dob, and passport no.,....

5 or 6 pages later, in-putting other information, and click yet another button,

And, it says: CASE NUMBER NOT IDENTIFIABLE.

So, in other words, the Case No. doesn't match with all the other info :angry::devil::unsure::blink::huh:

______

Ok, I said, she's not computer savy.

And, she was very nervous with all the uproar WHEN FINALLY WE WERE APPROVED AND THE PETITION, ETC. WAS IN BOGOTA AND SHE COULD FINALLY GET THIS GOING.

Something's definitely fish-y! here.

This will be interesting, jejeje!

GringoD, I clicked on the link you sent and I don't recognize that site. This is the site for making appointments for Bogota:

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Click on the link on the right side that says "Schedule Interviews". Try that and let me know. Here is the other thing....since Bogota started this new process of booking interviews on-line back in October of 2011, I thought you had to pay the visa fee first, before you could schedule the interview, so have you or her paid the fee? I might be wrong about that, but I thought that's their new procedure. You also might try sending the embassy an eMail with your questions...I did that and they got back to me on the same day.

Based on my own personal experience with Bogota on the phone, I would be a little nervous about booking an interview over the phone, so try to get the on-line registeration set up. You, the petitioner can do it for.

Keep us posted.

Jon & Clau

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Based on my own personal experience with Bogota on the phone, I would be a little nervous about booking an interview over the phone, so try to get the on-line registeration set up. You, the petitioner can do it for.

You're absolutely right, I wouldn't trust what they say on the phone either unless I get a confirmation in writing of some sort, either a letter or an email with the interview date.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I'm getting a bit nervouse, now.

She already paid, online, back on Feb 9.

I DO NOT KNOW why she didn't make the appointment ON-LINE.

After filling in packet 3/4 online, she paid online, and then made the appointment by phone.

She called today, got through, and they said there were no more April appointments available.

Only May 7, now.

So,... I'm going with 'trusting in her'.

________

Really, guys/girls... I'm not stressing with this lil drama.

I only find this so funny, that FOUR YEARS AGO, BEFORE THIS WAS ALL ON THE INTERNET,... it was virtually (no pun intended! jaja) stress-free process. NOW,...... we'll see how it plays out.

I just have to trust her, and Let this go!

What next?

Timeline

In preparation for my trip next week to Bogota for Clau's medical and interview, it appears I might need more cash(pesos) for this trip. Does anyone have any advice as to where is the best place to do currency exchange(lowest commissions)? I normally just use a CitiBank ATM, but they seem rather expensive with transaction fees and exchange rate fees. I know they have exchange booths in the US airports and in Bogota, so is that the best place?

Thanks,

Jon & Clau

Timeline

GringoD, I clicked on the link you sent and I don't recognize that site. This is the site for making appointments for Bogota:

Click on the link on the right side that says "Schedule Interviews". Try that and let me know. Here is the other thing....since Bogota started this new process of booking interviews on-line back in October of 2011, I thought you had to pay the visa fee first, before you could schedule the interview, so have you or her paid the fee? I might be wrong about that, but I thought that's their new procedure. You also might try sending the embassy an eMail with your questions...I did that and they got back to me on the same day.

Keep us posted.

Jon & Clau

Jon & Clau,

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/selfservice/ss_country_welcome,... this is the link that you are taken to, when you click on

"schedule interview" on the page you refer to here. I find/found it humorous, that the word RANT is at the end of you site you refer me to there. :rofl:

What next?

Timeline

Jon & Clau,

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/selfservice/ss_country_welcome,... this is the link that you are taken to, when you click on

"schedule interview" on the page you refer to here. I find/found it humorous, that the word RANT is at the end of you site you refer me to there. :rofl:

Opps GrindoD sorry, here is the site, don't know how that address got truncated.

If she paid the fee on-line, I don't get how you can't see her profile on-line as well. So she paid on-line but made her appointment on the phone is what you are saying. I agree with Diana about getting something in writing. Write them an eMail and ask them to confirm your appointment day and time. In your eMail, I think you need to provide her name, the BGT number, and her date of birth, and I would throw in the passport number as well. This way, when you show up at the embassy, they can't say you don't have an appointment.

Jon & Clau

Timeline

Really, guys/girls... I'm not stressing with this lil drama.

I only find this so funny, that FOUR YEARS AGO, BEFORE THIS WAS ALL ON THE INTERNET,... it was virtually (no pun intended! jaja) stress-free process. NOW,...... we'll see how it plays out.

I just have to trust her, and Let this go!

Actually I think the new process is much better than what they used to have when people had to fax form DS-2100 to let the US embassy know they were ready for the interview and then have to wait for the embassy to schedule it whenever they wanted, on top of that people had to go to the bank in person to pay for their visa which was a hassle.

Now people can not only pay the fee online but they can also choose their own appointment in less than a few minutes, on top of that they have the option to re-schedule online as well without having to contact the incompetent personnel at the embassy.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I understand, Diana.

I think, she split the avenue, online and phone, just because of her lack of savy in cyberspace.

She DID get E-MAIL confirmation from the embassy at to the Mar 23 date.

That makes me feel better about this.

So, we're going with it.

I think it will all end well.

Maybe not perfectly, but we are pretty "close to home", at this point.

Jon,

I myself don't think there is much difference in exchanging money in the airport here or at the casa de cambiar in Colombia.

I always get a few hundred usd in col pesos here, and then there if needed.

What day is her interview next week??

What next?

Timeline

I understand, Diana.

I think, she split the avenue, online and phone, just because of her lack of savy in cyberspace.

She DID get E-MAIL confirmation from the embassy at to the Mar 23 date.

That makes me feel better about this.

So, we're going with it.

I think it will all end well.

Maybe not perfectly, but we are pretty "close to home", at this point.

Jon,

I myself don't think there is much difference in exchanging money in the airport here or at the casa de cambiar in Colombia.

I always get a few hundred usd in col pesos here, and then there if needed.

What day is her interview next week??

Hi GringoD, ok, did not catch that she did get an eMail confirmation for the original appointment, so it sounds like you are all set. I fly into Bogota on March 19th. Her medical is on March 21st and interview at the embassy on March 22nd. We are staying at Embassy Suites...it's about a 40 minute taxi ride from the embassy, but I don't mind...I have stayed in enough Colombian owned hotels with no hot water, so I don't care about the extra distance. If you want to send me your eMail, please do here on VJ's eMail system, and I can shoot you a note about how things went for us since our interview is the day before yours!!

Thanks for the advice on the currency exchange...I never know if I'm overpaying a commission with those booths in the airport, so was curious what others might have been doing!!

Jon & Clau

Timeline

Opps GrindoD sorry, here is the site, don't know how that address got truncated.

If she paid the fee on-line, I don't get how you can't see her profile on-line as well. So she paid on-line but made her appointment on the phone is what you are saying. I agree with Diana about getting something in writing. Write them an eMail and ask them to confirm your appointment day and time. In your eMail, I think you need to provide her name, the BGT number, and her date of birth, and I would throw in the passport number as well. This way, when you show up at the embassy, they can't say you don't have an appointment.

Jon & Clau

I either wire money to myself or my mother if she's in Colombia and pick it up at either Bancolombia or Davivienda. You need a cédula number to do this. I've also used ATM machines since I haven't seen that much of a difference between the amount I get and pay for vs. when wiring money. Also, all international airports have places where you can exchange your money, don't know about their rates though.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

If you have prior military service the best options is a USAA (usaa.com) credit/debt card. I get excellent exchange rates when I come to Colombia better than anywhere else.

Timeline

Since I am NOT going for the interview,...

... on Mar 23, I have to get some items in her hand ahead of time.

An Opinion, please...

On whether it is acceptable to SCAN AND E-MAIL to her, for her to then PRINT, the following items:

1) the actual I-134 form completed.

2) Bank statements from bank officers

3) Phone records

4) D & B report of commercial rating concern

5) Tax return

6) PHOTOS?

Ja,ja.... She wants ALL of the fotos we have taken together.

I explained to her, that I sent several (about 12-15, maybe more) good quality, nice photos of her and I in and around Bogota along with the Initial Petition and that the Embassy should have those in our/her file, and that She Should Not Need Anymore Photos.

If you think it wise to send more or the same ones again (I don't think it's even necessary, but she is semi-freaking about it), then IS IT PERMISSABLE to also send those by email so she can print to take?

WHY ALL THIS? Because Fed-Ex is going to cost about $120 usd to get it there.

Thanks for your help.

What next?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.