moemac59

Phone number at Montrea Consulate that I can speak to someone

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there another number that I can call at the consulate besides 1-514-398-9695 to see if they have received the K1 package from NVC? As well, I need to obtain some information from them regarding an old GC that was issued when I was a baby (1966) to fill out my DS156.

I need to ask a question regarding this and the only kind of customer assistance that Montreal offers is leaving a message. I need to talk to an actually body.

I have sent an email already and the only response that I have received is the generic response regarding inquiries. Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Is there another number that I can call at the consulate besides 1-514-398-9695 to see if they have received the K1 package from NVC? As well, I need to obtain some information from them regarding an old GC that was issued when I was a baby (1966) to fill out my DS156.

I need to ask a question regarding this and the only kind of customer assistance that Montreal offers is leaving a message. I need to talk to an actually body.

I have sent an email already and the only response that I have received is the generic response regarding inquiries. Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?

There is no number you can call to speak with someone at Montreal. The only way you can communicate with them is through email.

If you want to know your package has arrived, call up DOS, they can help you. Their number is: 202-663-1225. Follow the prompts.

As for the green card question, you'll probably have to wait until Montreal responds to your email. You can always try asking DOS while you're asking about the package, but they might not be able to help. It depends on the specific-ness of your question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you put your case number in the subject line of your email? I noticed that speeds up email responses.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry but as Saylin said, you cannot reach someone by phone in Montreal. They only have that answering machine. You can't show up either, you need an appointment notice. You can try to email them, it's your best shot. About the update on your case, your question can be easily answered by DOS. It's them you have to call for updates; they have access to the consulate's database. Be sure to have your case number on hand.

You will call DOS to check if Montreal received your K1 package from NVC, if they sent your Packet 3, if they received it back, if they mailed your Packet 4 and if they finally issued your visa. You can also ask your question about your GC on these forums or try DOS. We have very knowledgeable users. Because unfortunately, the only time you will get to talk to someone in Montreal will be at your interview.

Good luck!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.