jamesfreddyc

I-129F (RE: K-3) question...

11 posts in this topic

Just a quick question regarding Birth Cert/Passport (I am a US citizen)...

I intend to use my U.S. Passport instead of copies of my original U.S. birth Certificate. Page F, #3 part D of the instructions state, "In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS a copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport that was issued for at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport"...

So...

On question #10, I have checked "Birth in the U.S." --- but directly below it asks to give the number, date and place of the certificate that was issued.

What do I write in this line?

Also -- unsure of what this question is asking, "Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name"?

and what do I check?

Thank You!

j

6/14/2011 AOS Filed Chicago

6/16/2011 AOS Packet Delivered

7/16/2011 NOA1's Recieved

7/25/2011 ASC Appt Notice recieved

8/18/2011 Biometrics scheduled (Ft. Myers)

Just a quick question regarding Birth Cert/Passport (I am a US citizen)...

I intend to use my U.S. Passport instead of copies of my original U.S. birth Certificate. Page F, #3 part D of the instructions state, "In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS a copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport that was issued for at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport"...

So...

On question #10, I have checked "Birth in the U.S." --- but directly below it asks to give the number, date and place of the certificate that was issued.

What do I write in this line?

Also -- unsure of what this question is asking, "Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name"?

and what do I check?

Thank You!

j

If you don't have a BC or BC number just write none for #10.

You can obtain a citizenship certificate if you became a citizen through your parents. If you don't have one then mark no.

jamesfreddyc

This question comes up a bit as the I-129F is a little ambiguous when compared to exactly the same question on the I-130......Its just set out differently. Some members have put N/A where it asks for certificate number etc....some have put their BC number etc. but they have also included a copy of the BC with the petition.

If you were born in the US and have checked that box...the other sections there are not applicable.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Thanks for the info....

ALSO --- instead of a new thread, just a quick question....

I have read several places here at VJ to include 4 copies of the G-325A (2 for me and 2 for her).

...Why?

It clearly states to submit "a" completed and signed for G-325A for me and "a" G-325A for my spouse. So what gives?

j

Thanks for the info....

I have read several places here at VJ to include 4 copies of the G-325A (2 for me and 2 for her).

...Why?

It clearly states to submit "a" completed and signed for G-325A for me and "a" G-325A for my spouse. So what gives?

j

Each G-325A is four pages long.

Thanks for the info....

...Why?

j

A complete G-325A consists of all four pages. Each page is different BTW, they are not exact copies of each other.

You complete one G-325A and your spouse complete another G-325A for a total of 8 pages. The signatures on each page must be an original signature.

Edited by scy

Ok -- got it...

Now, this question is a bit confusing to me,

"This form is submitted in connection with application for:"

Naturalization

Status as Permanent Resident

Other

Which applies?

(This G-325A is being sent in with the I-129F in connection with an I-130/ K-3 visa)

TIA!

j

WOW! The G-325A's (.pdf) files found on the USCIS website are pretty slick --- just fill out the very top portion (page 1) and the rest is auto-completed for you!

...This is wonderful since the address stuff is such a bear with the addressing in Colombia!

j

Ok -- got it...

Now, this question is a bit confusing to me,

"This form is submitted in connection with application for:"

Naturalization

Status as Permanent Resident

Other

Which applies?

(This G-325A is being sent in with the I-129F in connection with an I-130/ K-3 visa)

TIA!

j

I have noted various things from members posts. 'Other' ....... petition I-129F Spouse........or K-3.....etc

Yep the fillable forms sure make things easier.....Just make sure when you check the box for "This form is submitted in connection with application for:" as it has been mucking up the past few months. You can also use the fillable forms from visapro.com They are current and havent had this issue.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

ok now this makes no sense whatsoever....

Listing the Applicant's residence of the last 5 years, with the most present listed first. No problem. Then immediately below, they want us to list her last address "outside" the U.S. ????

.... she is outside the US!

What was the first set of addresses/residences for?

j

If you notice it says 'the last address outside of the US of more then a year' Whatever the address was that lived at for more than one year.....even if that was 4 years ago.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.