iamlianne

MILITARY WIFE

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello ladies and gents! here iam again :thumbs: so im a k1 visa holder and filing for adjustment of status, advance parole and permit to work .. So we just found out that my husband that in USAF will be in schooling for his new job in military.. he is going to Texas this May until August.. After that he will be deploy/assign to Korea or Germany.. of course i dont wanna be alone here in the States :whistle: i heard i need to file some stuff in USCIS i think it is a RE ENTRY permit.. I just wanna know when should i get this Re entry permit? and how long it will takes? Can i just leave the Country without telling the USCIS? im freaking out now.. cuz i really dont like to be left alone here in the States while my Hubby is in another part of the world.. :blush: i hope you can give me advices with this.. especially to those experience this situation.. THANK YOU THANK YOU :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You cannot leave without your green card. If you are on his orders to move with him then you should not need a re-entry permit. You use the orders to enter and leave the USA. If you are not on his orders then you will need to get a re-entry permit and you will need to stay in the USA to get it before you leave.

Moving to AOS as this is not K-1.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

hello ladies and gents! here iam again :thumbs: so im a k1 visa holder and filing for adjustment of status, advance parole and permit to work .. So we just found out that my husband that in USAF will be in schooling for his new job in military.. he is going to Texas this May until August.. After that he will be deploy/assign to Korea or Germany.. of course i dont wanna be alone here in the States :whistle: i heard i need to file some stuff in USCIS i think it is a RE ENTRY permit.. I just wanna know when should i get this Re entry permit? and how long it will takes? Can i just leave the Country without telling the USCIS? im freaking out now.. cuz i really dont like to be left alone here in the States while my Hubby is in another part of the world.. :blush: i hope you can give me advices with this.. especially to those experience this situation.. THANK YOU THANK YOU :help:

Hello military wife, i was in the same situation before. A month after i got here in US, my husband got deployed oversease. Instead of leaving, i went to my in laws and stayed with them until the end of his tour. Once you received your gc, you can leave the US. You still have 6 mos before he leaves anyway. Ask him if he is taking you with him as a cmd sponsored dependent, if yes, soon as he gets his orders, have him request for an expedited process on your case. If he is not taking you with him, just wait for your gc, then you can do more stuff like leaving the country. Deployments are tough but just be strong. Hope this helped. Goodluck!

sweet_cat_and_chicken.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I know how you feel Military Wife;) My husband left for Afghanistan and now i am here alone ..have to wait till September.

Trying to get everything done! good luck

Love the Life you Live! Live the Life you Love:)))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

There ARE accompanied tours to Korea. So if he gets orders for that or for a tour in Germany, as long as your name is on his orders, you won't have any problems with your greencard and won't need a re-entry permit

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

Filed: Other Timeline

There ARE accompanied tours to Korea. So if he gets orders for that or for a tour in Germany, as long as your name is on his orders, you won't have any problems with your greencard and won't need a re-entry permit

awesome. I might have missed that memo, but I am happy for everybody who can accompany their husband overseas.

Edited by Symply_Me

Timeline

awesome. I might have missed that memo, but I am happy for everybody who can accompany their husband overseas.

Ya, it's been like that for a minute and the military has been busy expanding schools and facilities over there to make it more livable for families. So far I've heard mainly good stuff about it, a few spouses I've talked to absolutely LOVED being there.

Here's an article from the Army Times about it from '08

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

• 1 month later...

im a army wife.. we've been in overseas for 5 years now,, was 2 years in korea and 3 years here in Japan.. But i never been in Us..

but i know being in overseas as long that you are cmnd sponsored and your name is in your hubby's orders, he can take u..

u just have to get reentry permit to the immigration in Korea/Germany (when u get there, they will give u time) to enter and exit the country..

i dont know about the states if u can leave w/o Gc.

USCIS

Jan.26 2012 - I130 petition sent

Feb.01,2012- Noa1

Mar.13,2012- expedited requested

Mar.14,2012- faxed supporting documents for expedite

Mar.23,2012- RFE

Apr.05,2012- RFE Rsponse Review

Apr.25,2012- I-130 approved

NVC

Apr.30,2012- Nvc Received (in the building)

May 02,2012- Noa2 touched hard copy

May 02,2012- Case number/invoice number assigned

May 04, 2012- Aos fee bill assigned/ pay/ sent Ds3032 written by email

May 08,2012- Aos paid/ Ds3032 accepted/ IV fee bill assigned and pay

May10, 2012 - IV fee paid

May 11,2012- Case complete/ nvc left

CONSULATE

May 18,2012- Medical (passed!)

May 21,2012- Interview- approved

May 24,2012- Visa on hand

May 26,2012- Entered USA

June 28, 2012 - 10 year Green Card on hand!

Timeline

im a army wife.. we've been in overseas for 5 years now,, was 2 years in korea and 3 years here in Japan.. But i never been in Us..

but i know being in overseas as long that you are cmnd sponsored and your name is in your hubby's orders, he can take u..

u just have to get reentry permit to the immigration in Korea/Germany (when u get there, they will give u time) to enter and exit the country..

i dont know about the states if u can leave w/o Gc.

Just to avoid any confusion - I'm assuming you mean that military dependants require a SOFA card that allows them to enter/leave the country they're sponsor is stationed in without a visa. You don't actually need a re-entry permit when you're on military (or DoD) orders.

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.