che234

Support document from the petitioner?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

While waiting for the MNL# , i would like to ask what are the support documents that i need to have on hand from my petitioner ( referring to the affidavit of support ) before my interview? Is it only the I-134? I downloaded the form from USCIS website and send it to my petitioner for him to sign in and fill up then send it to me before my interview. We only need the I-134 Or there's more? If so kindly please explain and provide me the whole list ? Does it need to be original or scan copy is acceptable? Thanks! :):bonk:

Edited by timchen

Timeline

Here's what the U.S. Embassy Manila says about the subject...click here.

I can't download the file so bad my idm won't work :( can you please make a mirror for that links please? Mediafire will do just need it. I would like to read and review the following docs. thanks in advance!

Edited by timchen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually the affidavit of support should solely be filled out by the fiance, not the fiancee because it deals with finances. This is to show if he can support you and you will not be a government problem.

The petitioner needs to fill it out and sign it.

Also needs to provide financial support along with it i.e Supporting Documents

1. Form 1040 for 2011 (If Done) not mandatory until after April 17th; more than likely he will have his W-2s also should add up to three years of taxes and W-2s.

(Your petitioner will know what a W-2 and Form 1040 is); if he doesn't have the 1040 he can always submit the tax transcripts for each year.

The difference between the 1040 and tax transcripts are the 1040s are what you submit to the IRS for your taxes, the Tax Transcript is a break down of the 1040 after it has been received.

2. If he has any VA benefits which is the VA award Letter

3. Retirement which will be the 1099-T

4. Letter from his employer with official letter head.

5. Bank Statements showing deposits; i would provide 3 to show consistency.

6. Work Pay Stubs 3-5 months.

You can scan it, but to make it official I think he should send them through the mail for you.

I am not sure about this but I think the officer looks for the original signature.

(don't quote me but I am sure others will add to this list or modify it)

Edited by acuratlsd

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I created a link. See if it works for you...

K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions (English)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=7f8e93ce954cfc05&resid=7F8E93CE954CFC05!164&parid=7F8E93CE954CFC05!163&authkey=!AAhJJRDPjuyhm1c

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

Actually the affidavit of support should solely be filled out by the fiance, not the fiancee because it deals with finances. This is to show if he can support you and you will not be a government problem.

The petitioner needs to fill it out and sign it.

Also needs to provide financial support along with it i.e Supporting Documents

1. Form 1040 for 2011 (If Done) not mandatory until after April 17th; more than likely he will have his W-2s also should add up to three years of taxes and W-2s.

(Your petitioner will know what a W-2 and Form 1040 is); if he doesn't have the 1040 he can always submit the tax transcripts for each year.

The difference between the 1040 and tax transcripts are the 1040s are what you submit to the IRS for your taxes, the Tax Transcript is a break down of the 1040 after it has been received.

2. If he has any VA benefits which is the VA award Letter

3. Retirement which will be the 1099-T

4. Letter from his employer with official letter head.

5. Bank Statements showing deposits; i would provide 3 to show consistency.

6. Work Pay Stubs 3-5 months.

You can scan it, but to make it official I think he should send them through the mail for you.

I am not sure about this but I think the officer looks for the original signature.

(don't quote me but I am sure others will add to this list or modify it)

Thanks for the info i will keep an eye for your post but still need some more info :thumbs:

I created a link. See if it works for you...

K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions (English)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=7f8e93ce954cfc05&resid=7F8E93CE954CFC05!164&parid=7F8E93CE954CFC05!163&authkey=!AAhJJRDPjuyhm1c

thanks for the mirror wally but still doesn't work for my idm :( Can you please reupload them on mediafire.com instead please??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What other info do you need? I thought it was just specifically on the I-134.

anything else you need for after NOA2?

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the info i will keep an eye for your post but still need some more info :thumbs:

thanks for the mirror wally but still doesn't work for my idm :( Can you please reupload them on mediafire.com instead please??

I don't have a Mediafire account. I will need to try latter to upload to Mediafire. Check your browser settings..

What happens when you click on the link? Check to make sure pop-up blocker is not enabled or add the link to exceptions in the pop-up blocker settings. Try different browsers Internet Explore, Chrome, Firefox.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.