NoneYa

I-129 F at Manila Embassy ?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what I gather, there is pretty much no way to confirm that the Embassy has your package before you arrive. Yes, I know about DHL but it won't tell you much like if it is in the Embassy system. I told someone I was going to call the Embassy and ask them if they had it but they indicated I likely wouldn't have much luck.

Should I waste my time and call the Embassy tonight ? We got the letter from NVC on January 17th and with the MNL # we made an appointment at the Embassy for Febuary 15th. We made the appointment around January 26th.

I can imagine some process where the day before, they look through and pull the files that have been shipped in based on the MNL# and deliver them to the interviewers station. Hopefully we didn't jump the gun on this one.

Edited by NoneYa

You can call the Department of State Visa Services information line at (202) 663-1225. Have your MNL case number ready, and follow the prompts to talk to a human. They'll be able to tell you whether the embassy has received the package and logged it into their system.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Don't waste your time calling anyone. The fact that you've already made an interview appointment means your case file is ready to go in the Embassy's IV Unit.

Good luck with the interview! :star:

Don't waste your time calling anyone. The fact that you've already made an interview appointment means your case file is ready to go in the Embassy's IV Unit.

Good luck with the interview! :star:

Stephen gave you some good info, but as usual Tahoma is wrong with a vengeance.. You can make your appointment as soon as your MNL number is assigned by NVC. That is one of the most widely publicized short cuts in the Visa world. The fact that you could make an appointment in no way means your file is already there.

In your case, however if you got the letter on the 17th I am sure it is there. :) I was just pointing out his bad info for others that may be waiting on NVC so they can schedule appointment.

Stephen gave you some good info, but as usual Tahoma is wrong with a vengeance.. You can make your appointment as soon as your MNL number is assigned by NVC. That is one of the most widely publicized short cuts in the Visa world. The fact that you could make an appointment in no way means your file is already there.

In your case, however if you got the letter on the 17th I am sure it is there. :) I was just pointing out his bad info for others that may be waiting on NVC so they can schedule appointment.

I see that you are desperately clinging to your standard of proof for your claim...a tier-one script-reader at the NVC. No surprises there. :lol:

And you still stubbornly refuse to back up your claim about your alleged short cut. Of course, if it were so widely publicized, you would have no problem providing relevant links now wouldn't you. :idea:

And I notice the tone of your posts is becoming shriller since you found out you were so wrong about Stangman's case.

To top off your reading comprehension issues, you praise Stephen for giving the same advice that I've been advocating all along... :wacko: ...

"They'll be able to tell you whether the embassy has received the package and logged it into their system."

:pop:

I see that you are desperately clinging to your standard of proof for your claim...a tier-one script-reader at the NVC. No surprises there. :lol:

And you still stubbornly refuse to back up your claim about your alleged short cut. Of course, if it were so widely publicized, you would have no problem providing relevant links now wouldn't you. :idea:

And I notice the tone of your posts is becoming shriller since you found out you were so wrong about Stangman's case.

To top off your reading comprehension issues, you praise Stephen for giving the same advice that I've been advocating all along... :wacko: ...

"They'll be able to tell you whether the embassy has received the package and logged it into their system."

:pop:

I have never met a person who is so consistently wrong with so much conviction and vigor as you are. Folks I am done arguing with the person. He is wrong. Ask around and do your own research. There are 100's of us who made appointment as soon as NVC gave us our MNL number.

Timeline

My fiancee wanted me to check to see if the file was there because she read where someone else had arrived and the file was not. After researching this, I think in most cases the file is going to be there. We did get the MNL# quickly and had the medical and interview set to occur within 30 days so we were moving forward quickly and that was why we wanted to check on this.

Now for the goods. Skip all that DHL tracking. Call the Embassy if you must know. They will check their computer system and let you know if it is there. I was able to get through by calling first thing in the morning. It took less than 1 minute for her to tell me it was there. All you need is the MNL#. Here is the information I used to cal the US Embassy in the Philippines.

For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at (632) 301-2000 ( 011-63-2-301-2000 ),

extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours.The Visa Information and Appointment Service is

open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time),

I hope I formatted the international number correctly. It took me a while to figure it out with the country code and all.

My fiancee wanted me to check to see if the file was there because she read where someone else had arrived and the file was not. After researching this, I think in most cases the file is going to be there. We did get the MNL# quickly and had the medical and interview set to occur within 30 days so we were moving forward quickly and that was why we wanted to check on this.

Now for the goods. Skip all that DHL tracking. Call the Embassy if you must know. They will check their computer system and let you know if it is there. I was able to get through by calling first thing in the morning. It took less than 1 minute for her to tell me it was there. All you need is the MNL#. Here is the information I used to cal the US Embassy in the Philippines.

For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at (632) 301-2000 ( 011-63-2-301-2000 ),

extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours.The Visa Information and Appointment Service is

open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time),

I hope I formatted the international number correctly. It took me a while to figure it out with the country code and all.

Good info.

Timeline

Good info.

That's right Scruffy ! Now all I have to do is sit back and let the little woman do her stuff :dance: This has been a long process and we are nearing the

end. I had no lawyer, I figured it all out myself and I did a good job but you know what ? I couldn't have done it near as well or as confidently without visajourney.com . I thank this free site and those who helped me. Hopefully it will be soon time to get back to a normal life, with a new wife and say goodbye to Skyping 2-3 hours a day !

That's right Scruffy ! Now all I have to do is sit back and let the little woman do her stuff :dance: This has been a long process and we are nearing the

end. I had no lawyer, I figured it all out myself and I did a good job but you know what ? I couldn't have done it near as well or as confidently without visajourney.com . I thank this free site and those who helped me. Hopefully it will be soon time to get back to a normal life, with a new wife and say goodbye to Skyping 2-3 hours a day !

And it's going to be such a blessing for you. I think the days toward the end were the hardest. You were smart not to hire a lawyer I wish I had not.

Timeline

And it's going to be such a blessing for you. I think the days toward the end were the hardest. You were smart not to hire a lawyer I wish I had not.

Thanks Scuffy, i also hired a lawyer, waste of money.Thank you Visa Journey. I received my case # on Feb. 2, can i start to schedule my interview as well.The embassy said they had the electronic file only, call back next week. Thank you for your reply

Thanks Scuffy, i also hired a lawyer, waste of money.Thank you Visa Journey. I received my case # on Feb. 2, can i start to schedule my interview as well.The embassy said they had the electronic file only, call back next week. Thank you for your reply

You don't have to call the embassy. Go pay your fee then go online and schedule your interview

I have never met a person who is so consistently wrong with so much conviction and vigor as you are. Folks I am done arguing with the person. He is wrong. Ask around and do your own research. There are 100's of us who made appointment as soon as NVC gave us our MNL number.

^^^ You keep flapping your gums, but you still haven't produced a single one of those 100's. :bonk: Where are they? :lol:

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs: Yup...that will work!

Good info.

^^^ I glad you agree with me and NoneYa...If you must know, call the Embassy and find out.

You don't have to call the embassy. Go pay your fee then go online and schedule your interview

^^^ :oops: Where are those 100's? :o

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read of many, don't know about hundreds but its possible, who have went to BPI paid their fee and then the next day went online and scheduled their interview all within days of getting the MNL #. So waiting for a package to arrive is not necessary to schedule the interview. I also learned from one of those people, who within the last week did just that, that the I-129F package is electronically sent to the embassy with the physical package following later (the good folks at NVC told him this).

I know that when I have the MNL # I will have my Fiancee head to BPI to pay the fee, then get the interview scheduled the next day, which should be happening within the next week or so just waiting for NVC at the moment.

It seems there is sort of a pi$$ing contest going on between you two, but on this one I have to agree there is no need to wait on the I-129F package.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.