JohnandWendyB

Booking Reference on receipt

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know I'm probably being a bit silly but what is the booking Reference number for, once you have paid for your Visa?

Is it to find out when your interview is?

Or do you quote it when you call?

Apparently you need to pay for your Visa before you send in your papers now.

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Apparently you need to pay for your Visa before you send in your papers now.

The London website still says pay prior to the interview, not before sending in papers. Did London send you a letter saying to do that first before anything else? Just wondering what is the source of that info.

K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

The London website still says pay prior to the interview, not before sending in papers. Did London send you a letter saying to do that first before anything else? Just wondering what is the source of that info.

K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter.

This is Wendy. I thought I should explain what has happened to see if what we think is going on might actually be the case...

John emailed NVC to get the LDN # and scheduled his medical for a week or so later to ensure the petition would be here and file created, etc. So then he verified the petition was at the Embassy and sent off the paperwork (DS forms mentioned in packet 3) with delivery tracking that says it was delivered the next day (1/25). Then he had the medical (1/27). He paid for the visa application fee on the day of his medical. The medical is there at the Embassy (2/2)and the paperwork, despite verification of otherwise, is still not showing as delivered on the Embassy's end.

On his receipt for the visa application fee, it states in part the following: "You are required to print the receipt, have the credit card holder sign the acknowledgment below, and submit it with your completed visa application pack. If you do not submit the signed receipt, your application will be returned to you unprocessed."

We are assuming the packet he sent in originally will not be processed because of this statement. So he is sending in another copy of the DS paperwork along with a copy of the signed receipt with delivery verification. Anyone know if we are being overly pro-active here? I know I had read that when you pay the visa fee isn't all that important but the receipt statement makes me wonder if that is an out-dated statement or if something changed recently?

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi there,

My emails said:

Dear Mr Paul Vincent

Thank you for contacting us. Your booking reference number is 01822959

Attached is the MRV fee receipt. The receipt is in Adobe PDF format. If you are

unable to open the attachment, you can download Adobe Reader from

http://www.adobe.com/.

The following link provides information on applying for the K visa including the

documents you are required to furnish on the day of the interview -

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/callcenter/k_application.html'>http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/callcenter/k_application.html

Please read the instructions carefully. If you appear for an interview without the

documents, action on your application will be suspended under Section 221(g) of the

Immigration and Nationality Act and you may incur considerable delays before your

application is processed to conclusion.

Please note that this is an automatically generated email. Unfortunately we cannot

respond to 'replies' on this address. If you are unable to download the MRV fee

receipt, or have any further inquiries; please call our Operator Assisted Information

Service on 09042-450-100 (Calls charged at £1.23 per minute however network charges may vary).

Callers from within the United States - 1 -866-3823589 (calls charged at a flat rate of $16)

With the MRV attached below:

This receipt confirms payment of the United States Machine Readable Visa (MRV)

application fee of $350.00. It will appear on your credit card statement as ‘US VISA

APPLICATION GBC’. It is valid only for submitting a nonimmigrant visa application

for the above named applicant and cannot be transferred to another applicant. You are

required to print this receipt, have the credit cardholder sign the acknowledgement below

and submit it with your completed visa application package. If you do not submit the

signed receipt, your application will be returned to you unprocessed.

Important Notice: This is an application fee and is valid for one visa application

within twelve months from the date of payment. There can be no refund of the fee if

you do not proceed with your application, or if application is unsuccessful and

denied by the consular officer.

Acknowledgment: Applicant must read and sign below.

I understand that this fee is an application fee required to submit an application for

a nonimmigrant U.S. visa, and that the fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable

regardless of any action or inaction on the part of the U.S. government. I understand

that any misrepresentation or malfeasance with regard to the U.S. Machine Readable

Visa fee can lead to life-long exclusion from the United States of America.

I didn't pay for my visa until I received an appointment letter which I could only get once I sent my forms and had my medical. They checked over the forms that they had my forms and medical before they would let me pay for the visa. This was only 2 weeks ago I paid for it.

Edited by PaulV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Looking at the thread, I signed my receipt before the interview and gave it during it. To be honest she just glanced at it and made sure it had my name on it then just ticked it off her check list. I'm sure they would just make him/her sign it during the first part of the embassy stage when they check the documents, considering most people do not send it in advance. If you are worried i'd just take a copy of the receipt that is signed to the interview if they query it but I doubt thats the reason for the delay. I saw people who hadn't paid, being sent to another desk to pay for it and come back with their receipt. Did you put a departure date on the form? I put mid march and April as my wedding date on the cover letter and I noticed I got an appointment date before people who had submitted their paper work/medical before me but had no/ a later departure/wedding date.

Timeline

Looking at the thread, I signed my receipt before the interview and gave it during it. To be honest she just glanced at it and made sure it had my name on it then just ticked it off her check list. I'm sure they would just make him/her sign it during the first part of the embassy stage when they check the documents, considering most people do not send it in advance. If you are worried i'd just take a copy of the receipt that is signed to the interview if they query it but I doubt thats the reason for the delay. I saw people who hadn't paid, being sent to another desk to pay for it and come back with their receipt. Did you put a departure date on the form? I put mid march and April as my wedding date on the cover letter and I noticed I got an appointment date before people who had submitted their paper work/medical before me but had no/ a later departure/wedding date.

Ah, good advice regarding the departure date.

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.