meblue

Just want to ask few questions for I-130 petition before sending it

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

It's me again. Just want to ask few questions for I-130 petition before sending it. The petioner is my USC husband and the beneficiary is my minor daughter.

These are my questions:

1. I just got all the documents from the Philippines, like my daughter's NSO birth certificate, passport, school records and baptismal certificate. Do I need to send all these documents with the petition?

2. My daughter and I also got our pictures together since she was a baby until she was 8 years old. Do I need to send some of it with the petition to prove our relationship?

3. Aside from certified copy of our marriage certificates. What are the other supporting documents or proof of my relationship to my husband to send with the petition?

4. Do I have to use ACCO fasteners to hold documents? Or I'll use paper clips?

I need any input and advice. Thank you in advance.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

It's me again. Just want to ask few questions for I-130 petition before sending it. The petioner is my USC husband and the beneficiary is my minor daughter.

These are my questions:

1. I just got all the documents from the Philippines, like my daughter's NSO birth certificate, passport, school records and baptismal certificate. Do I need to send all these documents with the petition? Send only a photocopy of your daughter's birth certificate with a certified English translation. Do not send any originals. Do not send any of the other documents.

2. My daughter and I also got our pictures together since she was a baby until she was 8 years old. Do I need to send some of it with the petition to prove our relationship? No. Your daughter's birth certificate showing you as the mother is all you need to establish the mother/daughter relationship.

3. Aside from certified copy of our marriage certificates. What are the other supporting documents or proof of my relationship to my husband to send with the petition? See below. Look at the Guides.

4. Do I have to use ACCO fasteners to hold documents? Or I'll use paper clips? Whatever you want. It's not important.

I need any input and advice. Thank you in advance.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

If you are a U.S. citizen and the father or stepparent of the child or son or daughter, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

• A copy of your birth certificate or U.S. passport
  • If you were not born in the U.S., a copy of either:
    • your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or
    • your U.S. passport

[*]A copy of the child's birth certificate showing the child's name and the names of both parents

[*]A copy of civil marriage certificate showing the names of both parents, or proof that a parent/child relationship exists or existed (if you are petitioning for a stepchild, your marriage to the child's parent must take place before the stepchild's 18th birthday)

[*]A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that establish the termination of any previous marriages entered into by you or your spouse

• Fathers petitioning for a child born out of wedlock must provide evidence that a parent/child relationship exists or existed. For example, the child's birth certificate displaying the father's name, evidence showing that the father and child at some point lived together, or that the father held out the child as his own, or that he has made financial contributions in support of the child, or that in general his behavior evidenced genuine concern for and interest in the child. A blood test proving paternity may also be necessary.
  • If anyone's name has been legally changed (if it differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be submitted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.