Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lucky buggas. Won't have to faff about like the older applicants.

Update for K1's sending their forms in after today (8th October): http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Basically, all the forms have been replaced by DS-160. So you just need to send them the DS-160 confirmation page and the DS-2001 Readiness letter when you reply to Packet 3.

Timeline

Ok Fellow VJ'S our interview is on Oct, 18th just Next week....smile.png biggrin.png

There is a few things I want to understand before the interview. My Fiance is trying to register online so... If I understand correctly, he has to go to this link:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and do Register for Courier and Paying for K Visa... What is Boarding Foil? And what is the difference between courier home delivery vs home delivery sorry if this is a dumb question my mind is acting loco... and I should be looking at IV19 and not IV18 correct?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/IV019_fiance_appt_letter.pdf

Now the MRV receipt; I'm guessing this is an email confirmation of payment or is this something we have to print out as soon as the transaction has taken place & it is not emailed? He has no printer at home if this is the case... headbonk.gif

Thank you fellow VJ's for all the help along the way this day would not be without ya.

God Bless & I'm sure I'll have a couple of more broken record questions just because I have the jitters before interview lol

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Timeline

I don't think u do register for a courier, u only do pay for K visa and then follow instructions. The first option won't let u pay for the fee. From what I've been getting from other people anyway.

Congrats on the date :)

Ok Fellow VJ'S our interview is on Oct, 18th just Next week....smile.png biggrin.png

There is a few things I want to understand before the interview. My Fiance is trying to register online so... If I understand correctly, he has to go to this link:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and do Register for Courier and Paying for K Visa... What is Boarding Foil? And what is the difference between courier home delivery vs home delivery sorry if this is a dumb question my mind is acting loco... and I should be looking at IV19 and not IV18 correct?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/IV019_fiance_appt_letter.pdf

Now the MRV receipt; I'm guessing this is an email confirmation of payment or is this something we have to print out as soon as the transaction has taken place & it is not emailed? He has no printer at home if this is the case... headbonk.gif

Thank you fellow VJ's for all the help along the way this day would not be without ya.

God Bless & I'm sure I'll have a couple of more broken record questions just because I have the jitters before interview lol

Hi all,

Didnt want to create an unnecessary thread, so quick question:

My sealed packed has a 3 inch tear on the side, I can see it has docs in it. The seal is not broken though and I cant remove anything from it and nor can it fall out.

I emailed the embassy and they said as long as the seal is not broken it should be fine, shall I just ask to get it re-done?

I'm quite worried this will cause me problems at POE.

People have taken the "big brown package" with tears in them before and it's like they say - as long as the actual seal isn't broken, you're fine. For all they know it got damaged due to rough handling when going through security UK-side, putting the bag in an overhead locker etc etc.

Edited by Ryan&Amy

"What's yours is mine!"

Thank you :)

I know I am just fretting but I don't want to go all the way to JFK - only to be sent back to London!

I actually think I made the tear myself, in the excitement of getting the package - i just ripped it open without thinking...so I've now wrapped it with about 2 layers of bubble wrap!

NB. To all waiting, please calmly open your packages! lol

Thank you smile.png

I know I am just fretting but I don't want to go all the way to JFK - only to be sent back to London!

I actually think I made the tear myself, in the excitement of getting the package - i just ripped it open without thinking...so I've now wrapped it with about 2 layers of bubble wrap!

NB. To all waiting, please calmly open your packages! lol

A woman showed up during my interview who needed her package resealed - she'd been told to 'open and check the contents' and ripped that one open too... Oops.

Hi all,

Didnt want to create an unnecessary thread, so quick question:

My sealed packed has a 3 inch tear on the side, I can see it has docs in it. The seal is not broken though and I cant remove anything from it and nor can it fall out.

I emailed the embassy and they said as long as the seal is not broken it should be fine, shall I just ask to get it re-done?

I'm quite worried this will cause me problems at POE.

Don't worry. Mine had a slight tear in it also - it arrived like that. You'd think that if it were so important that it remained intact, that they'd put it in something more robust than a large manila envelope, wouldn't you rolleyes.gif

AG: I thought the same thing!

Also, when we check-in at LHR (or any other UK airport) the airline attendant asks you 'did you pack all contents yourself? ' did anyone give you any packages?' Essentially, I'm lying by saying...'No' because if I say 'Yes' surely that will take me onto a whole new realm of questions.

Though I know there are papers in there (prob docs I've already seen/submitted) it seems odd that the envelope is a big secret...

Kiwinyc: it was from your post about that woman that prompted me to email the embassy to double check - thanks for the heads up!

Also, when we check-in at LHR (or any other UK airport) the airline attendant asks you 'did you pack all contents yourself? ' did anyone give you any packages?' Essentially, I'm lying by saying...'No' because if I say 'Yes' surely that will take me onto a whole new realm of questions.

I think given that it's an official, pretty much government sanctioned packet, you're probably all right assuming it's okay not to mention it ;)

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

AG: I thought the same thing!

Though I know there are papers in there (prob docs I've already seen/submitted) it seems odd that the envelope is a big secret...

Kiwinyc: it was from your post about that woman that prompted me to email the embassy to double check - thanks for the heads up!

You are way over-thinking this.

What's in the envelope?

Your petition file

Your London DS- forms

Your four page medical report

Why is it sealed?

To remain in a "chain of custody" from the embassy to the CBP to the National Records Center (where it will await until you file for AOS). Sealed so you can't change anything. You are a free courier to the US.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thank you, that makes sense!

After reading Jeannie and Al's POE at Newark, I was a bit terrified of facing another round of questions so started panicking about silly things!

All that is in there is

1: I129F petition and supporting docs

2; All the DS forms you submitted to the embassy

3; medical report

4: The stuff you took to the embassy at interview, birth cert, police cert etc.

Nothing you have not seen apart from the medical report. nothing secret in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Had my interview today, approved! :D

Noel Fielding was there for an interview too haha. Well, him and his posse. They were in and out very quick and got to go up together (they were all getting visas).

Timeline

Had my interview today, approved! :D

Noel Fielding was there for an interview too haha. Well, him and his posse. They were in and out very quick and got to go up together (they were all getting visas).

Congrats.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.