FLgators

Made a mistake on I-130 plz help!!!!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone, I submitted my I130 last week and I just realized that I made a mistake on the form. It is my divorce date; I put the wrong date on the form. Is there anyway I can fix that mistake?

Thanks a lot for your advice and help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone, I submitted my I130 last week and I just realized that I made a mistake on the form. It is my divorce date; I put the wrong date on the form. Is there anyway I can fix that mistake?

Thanks a lot for your advice and help!

Who is filing, and for what type of visa? Your profile says "adjustment of status". Is the I-130 for your adjustment of status?

Your divorce date is important only if it's relevant to the type of petition submitted. For example, if you are the petitioner or beneficiary of a spousal visa then the divorce must have been granted before you entered in the marriage that the petition is based on. On the other hand, if you're petitioning for a parent or child then the divorce date is not relevant, and the mistake on the I-130 won't make any difference.

You generally can't submit changes to a petition unless you get an RFE. Until then, your petition is sitting in a box along with dozens of other petitions, in a room with dozens of other boxes full of petitions. Nobody is going to go into that room and dig around for your petition in order to insert your correction into the file. On the other hand, if you get an RFE then the petition will be sitting on an adjudicator's desk, and the RFE will provide clear information how to route your response to the correct adjudicator. If the date is a problem then I suspect then send you an RFE for clarification.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.