payxibka

Police certificate from Moldova

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the Moldovian experts.... :)

My lady is originally from Odessa and now lives in Kherson, Ukraine. She did however attend the university in Moldova. My question is regarding obtaining a "police certificate" from Moldova for that period of time she was there. What is the process (where and how)? How long does it take? More importantly, can it be requested by a third party who is already "in country" or will she need to travel there herself? Kherson is not that far from Moldova, but anything that can be done to eliminate the "hassle" of a couple of days away from her business (she has a stand at one of the open marets and when she is away she is not making profit). Thanks in advance...

fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline
You may wish to ask members norotonfd or Chris-n-Veronica. I think they may have a good piece of advice. God bless! Callina

Good idea and I did.... at the prompting of Chris-n-Veronica, I brought the question to the open forum because he thought it was a good question for general discussion....

fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Oh, OK, hopefully Tim (norotonfd) has some time to answer your questions. According to his signature, his fiancee has recently been through the phase of the interview, where she was supposed to show her police certificate also. Good luck, fwaguy!

Timeline

fwaguy, you can ask your fiancee to check this link (I assume she understands Romanian):

http://www.mai.md/servicii_ro/

It belongs to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Moldova and it offers plenty of information on how she can get her Moldavian Police Certificate. It looks like she needs to submit the application either in person or through an intermediary for whom she would have to prepare a power of attorney. The good news is that she can get it in English if she wants to and that it doesn't require a long waiting period. If she or her representative hands in the application at Directia Informatii si Evidenta Operativa (3 Iacob Hincu Street, Chisinau), she can obtain it in one day. If she requests it from any of the chancellaries of the regular police stations, she'll get it in 10 days. The fee is a bit higher if she wishes to have it in one day. Anyway, she should contact them to make sure this info applies to her as well. God bless!

Timeline
fwaguy, you can ask your fiancee to check this link (I assume she understands Romanian):

http://www.mai.md/servicii_ro/

Romanian... good question.... but since the website has a russian translation option I am sure she will be fine.

Anyways, this information is great! Thank you very much!

YMMV

Timeline

I also assumed there is a Russian version for the Services section, and I clicked the link to see if it is so. Unfortunately, they don't; they probably haven't completed this part of the site. But your fiancee can write them in Russian, their staff must speak it too. She can use this address to enquire: info@mai.md

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.