7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well here we go.Sorry for the grammer if it's wrong.

I got a RFE and here what it says:

US Citizenship:As evidence of United States citizenship the petitioner Pxxx Axxxx must submit a legible copy of a)certificate issused by a civil authority that shows the birth was in the United States;b)unexpired passport issued for a full ten years period to a citizen of the United States;c)a statement executed by a United States consular officer certifying the pertitioner to be a United States citizen and the bearer of a currently valid United States passport;d)the front and the back side of his/her Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship,properly signed;or e)his/her Department of State Form FS-240,Report of Birth Aboard of a Citizen of the United States.

The Question on this part is do I send in all or just on and yes I'm a U.S Citizen with passport.

Now this is the crazy part there is a name on this paperwork that I don't know it reads as following:

Requirements that petitioner and the beneficiary have met in person:It must be established that the petitioner,Dxxxx M. G. Exxxxx and the beneficiary Txxxxxxx Sxxxxxxxx,have met in person and/or have been in each other's physical presence at any time during the two years immediately preceding the filing of this petition.

I don't know who Dxxxxx M.G.Exxxx is?????because my name is all over this paperwork could this be a error on there part?

Any help would be great here.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove identifying personal names

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to call them - they are saying Dxxxx is the petitioner. If you are the petitioner of Txxxxxx and you are not Dxxxx you have a big issue.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove identifying personal names

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have a infopass appointment on the 1/31 can they help me with this .

Possibly, though I do no think it is such a big issue, seems more like a typo. Did you send evidence intially?

Ask at the infopass appointment (local offices have nothing to do with the petition process but they can check with someone easier than you can)

My suggestion would be to comply with the proof of citizenship and repeat sending the evidence of meeting offered PLUS an explanation that you are NOT Dxxxx.

I also suggest you do not post your full names in public forums, just use XXXXXX's or something. If backed into a corner I say my wifes name is "Alla Smokinhotnikova" :lol:

Edited by Kathryn41
to edit out personally identifiable name

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Possibly, though I do no tthink it is such a big issue, seems more like a typo. Did you send evidence intially?

Ask at the infopass appointment (local offices have nothing to do with the petition process but they can check with someone easier than you can)

My suggestion would be to comply with the proof of citizenship and repeat sending the evidence of meeting offered PLUS an explanation that you are NOT Dxxxx.

I also suggest you do not post your full names in public forums, just use XXXXXX's or something. If backed into a corner I say my wifes name is "Alla Smokinhotnikova" :lol:

Thanks your the one I was looking for the answer. I sent everything they are asking for I don't know why they are asking for it again.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove personally identifiable name in quote

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks your the one I was looking for the answer. I sent everything they are asking for I don't know why they are asking for it again.

These are form letters, there are people who do these and nothing else. The letter is written, sent to print and they go to the next one. It is possible that they do not need ANY evidence of meeting for you and just left the last person's request on the letter in error, OR it is possible that they lost what you sent. This would make the request valid but the name wrong. It happens but is rare.

Be cautious and include it again with a letter that you are not this Dana person.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello all,

I am looking for an answer to the first question above where it lists the options a, b, c, d and e as ways of proving your citizen ship. I would just like to know if my wife (the US citizen) needs to submit all of them? She has her birth cert and US passport. I am just worried about step "c". This (I think) requires us to book an appointment with the US consulate in Dublin Ireland (which is 3 hours away). I rang and asked the support team and they said that they can't guarantee that they will provide proof of citizenship. they advised to contact an attorney or lawyer (Which I find strange).

Will the Passport and birth cert do?

thanks in advance,

locman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.