leeandcorinne

Required Form(s) after Marriage

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Is there any form(s) that needs to be filed after we have been married, other than the adjustment of statute package?

The Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicle (for obtaining a Wisconsin Identification Card) won't allow getting an I.D. card

without having a "Form I-797 application receipt for a change of status to conditional permanent resident".

After having a rather heated dispute with them, we would like to know if we have missed something that needed to be filed

after we were married.

Thank you for your help.

Lee & Corinne

I 129F sent: 29/04/2011
Noa1: 02/05/2011
Noa2: 19/07/2011 (took 77 days to get approved )
NVC received: 08/08/2011
NVC left: 24/08/2011
Consulate received : 29/08/2011
Packet 3 received : 10/09/2011
Packet 3 sent back to embassy : 15/09/2011
Packet 4 received : 07/10/2011
INTERVIEW : 13/10/2011
APPROVED
Visa in hand : 20/10/2011
POE: 21/10/2011
WEDDING : 3/12/2011

Filed AOS in December 2014

After 1 year and 5 months I got approved (one RFE and a letter 1 year ago of a potential waiver interview)

Approval 13 May 2016! :dancing:

hmmm.. if you did all the AOS package,(AOS,EAD and AP), that should do it. What else are they needing?

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

Is there any form(s) that needs to be filed after we have been married, other than the adjustment of statute package?

The Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicle (for obtaining a Wisconsin Identification Card) won't allow getting an I.D. card

without having a "Form I-797 application receipt for a change of status to conditional permanent resident".

After having a rather heated dispute with them, we would like to know if we have missed something that needed to be filed

after we were married.

Thank you for your help.

Lee & Corinne

The I-797 is the First "Notice of Action" (Noa1) you receive after you send off your AOS package. The notice says they accepted your AOS package for initial review.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.