evelyn1140

Received letter from Ankara embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

It seemed that all my husband need to bring... am I right? Do I need to bring other documents, even though they didn't ask for it?

You may use this e-mail message in lieu of an appointment letter.

On the day of your interview, please bring the following documents to our office and hand them to the Consular Greeter in the following order:

- Passport

- Photos

- Medical report

- Proof of relationship between you and your spouse (Photos, emails, phone bills, letters, etc.)

Please make sure to have all of the documents listed above in your possession on the day of your interview. Failure to submit all of the listed documents will cause delay in your interview process and in the issuance of your visa.

Please note that, if translations are required they can be done by any translation office. For Iranian applicants, the translations do not need to be done in Iran. They can be done in Turkey as well.

We would like to remind you that additional documentation, information or processing may be required for your file after the interview.

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are able to issue most visas within three-five business days of interview; however, we are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

Please include your case number in all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

all stuff sent in via document intake to NVC - well, the IV unit in Ankara has that stuff with the casefile.

Were you wanting to have all that again?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

all stuff sent in via document intake to NVC - well, the IV unit in Ankara has that stuff with the casefile.

Were you wanting to have all that again?

what do you mean? I am just asking if he needs to bring more documents besides what they are requesting .. That's all

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

My husband is at the embassy at this moment for his CR-1 interview. I have heard of other cases where they asked for more documentation during the interview that was not requested in the email, for instance tax transcripts. In addition to the requested items he also took with him mine and our sponsors tax transcripts, bank account statements, a new police certificate and a new birth certificate. We gave a lot of proof of our relationship but not TOO much as to be overwhelming. We have phone call records, emails, photos, examples of chat logs, printouts of posts to each other on facebook. I am pregnant so I also sent him proof of my pregnancy (a letter from doctor with my due date and ultrasound photos) as well as my boarding passes to show that I was in Turkey when the baby was conceived. I think it's best to send as much documentation as possible to cover all corners, you never know what they can ask for. It's better to be safe than sorry! Hopefully we covered everything... I am awaiting his phone call to see how the interview went. Good luck to you :)

Timeline

Oh well nevermind... guess my reply doesn't matter now... I just realized you have the same interview date as me so he is there now as well... LOL. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.