Feyisayo

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE AND INFOs FROM THE YOU

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

More input from Nigerians would be welcomed.

Went for my interview 25 Jan 2011.I was denied the visa but they said i should provide family and baby pictures to prove my relationship status. I passed the education and job interview but when it came to relationship status,the lady that interviewed asked me when i first met my woman and where. I told her 2006 in calabar. she now said i have to come back on feb16th with family pictures and baby pictures to prove my point. I told her i have all the pictures with me but she refused to check them insisting i come back. I was depressed alot until my friend called me from US and told me that he went tru same issue and when he returned and provided all they asked,they gave him. so am hoping now and even looking for some tellers i used to send money to her then,more evidences of flights i booked for to come and see me in lagos,more pictures we took during our affairs etc. In the denial letter,they said i have insufficient document but i guess its because i provided only court cert. I have done the traditional wedding and promised my woman that we will do the white in lagos at my church when the baby is 1year old,it was then this DV lottery result came in.

Please do you have any one that has had my experience? i need to know and learn alot before the next interview cos as am writing you now am totally depressed.

Timeline

More input from Nigerians would be welcomed.

Went for my interview 25 Jan 2011.I was denied the visa but they said i should provide family and baby pictures to prove my relationship status. I passed the education and job interview but when it came to relationship status,the lady that interviewed asked me when i first met my woman and where. I told her 2006 in calabar. she now said i have to come back on feb16th with family pictures and baby pictures to prove my point. I told her i have all the pictures with me but she refused to check them insisting i come back. I was depressed alot until my friend called me from US and told me that he went tru same issue and when he returned and provided all they asked,they gave him. so am hoping now and even looking for some tellers i used to send money to her then,more evidences of flights i booked for to come and see me in lagos,more pictures we took during our affairs etc. In the denial letter,they said i have insufficient document but i guess its because i provided only court cert. I have done the traditional wedding and promised my woman that we will do the white in lagos at my church when the baby is 1year old,it was then this DV lottery result came in.

Please do you have any one that has had my experience? i need to know and learn alot before the next interview cos as am writing you now am totally depressed.

please note that i applied as single but mailed KCC about my status and they made my woman and baby beneficiaries. my court wedding was dec2010 and traditional was feb 3rd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What visa did you apply for ? It seems that Lagos looks for any small reason to send you off without a visa at the first visit. They are fairly good at giving the visa at the second visit , althoug there are some disappointments.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

What visa did you apply for ? It seems that Lagos looks for any small reason to send you off without a visa at the first visit. They are fairly good at giving the visa at the second visit , althoug there are some disappointments.

DV lottery immigrant visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Since you got a second chance which accidentally falls on my interview date.I will suggest you provide all the requirements that you have.I also will suggest you have loads of Picture as requested by the CO.If possible go with your wife and child on that day,though they wont be interviewed,You can always let the CO know your family is there with you.

Relax,You have over 90% approval already.Hope to see you on that day

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Since you got a second chance which accidentally falls on my interview date.I will suggest you provide all the requirements that you have.I also will suggest you have loads of Picture as requested by the CO.If possible go with your wife and child on that day,though they wont be interviewed,You can always let the CO know your family is there with you.

Relax,You have over 90% approval already.Hope to see you on that day

Favor Guys!!!:)

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.