Jon&Clau

I-129F Approved, Colombia, A couple questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone, just want to say this site has been a great resource for helping me put together my petition!! I just received notice tonight(10PM) that my I-129(f) has been approved. NOA1 was on 10/5/11, and NOA2 was 1/24/12, so looks like Vermont is turning these around just under 4 months. I have updated my timeline. A couple questions for anyone who has had an interview at the embassy in Bogota.

1) Can my Fiance schedule her medical exam and interview within the same week? My understanding is that we can only use one of four doctors located in Bogota, so I was hoping we could avoid two trips to Bogota if possible.

2) My Fiance tells me she has no proof of any vaccinations so she will have to get whatever is required. Can she get thoe vaccinations in her home city(Barranquilla) and present her evidence at her medical exam in Bogota?

Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this site, and best wishes.

Jon and Claudia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations, and welcome to VJ, si man!

See the "U.S. Embassy/Consulate" forum and the Latin American regional subforum for everything that you could possibly want to know about Bogota. There are many active, knowledgeable, helpful members available to you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone, just want to say this site has been a great resource for helping me put together my petition!! I just received notice tonight(10PM) that my I-129(f) has been approved. NOA1 was on 10/5/11, and NOA2 was 1/24/12, so looks like Vermont is turning these around just under 4 months. I have updated my timeline. A couple questions for anyone who has had an interview at the embassy in Bogota.

1) Can my Fiance schedule her medical exam and interview within the same week? My understanding is that we can only use one of four doctors located in Bogota, so I was hoping we could avoid two trips to Bogota if possible.

2) My Fiance tells me she has no proof of any vaccinations so she will have to get whatever is required. Can she get thoe vaccinations in her home city(Barranquilla) and present her evidence at her medical exam in Bogota?

Jon and Claudia

Yes and no... There is a test her doctor can perform called a "titter" test, which shows the antibodies present in her body. This test shows the immunizations that your fiance has already received and will reduce the number of vaccinations she needs.

While vaccinations are not a requirement for the K-1 (they CAN be administered later here in the USA prior to AOS), they will be MUCH less expensive if she has them done by her own doctor. There is no requirement that the panel physician admninister the vaccinations. If your fiance does receive vaccinations from her doctor make sure he records them on an official shot record for her to present to the panel physician at the time of the medical exam in Bogota.

At the physical, be SURE your fiance receives an extra copy of the G-3025 shot record (she keeps this copy). Many beneficiaries fail to get this extra copy and end up needlessly getting duplicate vaccinations when it is time for them to AOS.

Good luck!

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Congratulations, and welcome to VJ, si man!

See the "U.S. Embassy/Consulate" forum and the Latin American regional subforum for everything that you could possibly want to know about Bogota. There are many active, knowledgeable, helpful members available to you.

Gracias TBoneTx, I will check out that forum to see if anyone else has posted a similar question there!!!

Congrats to you as well!!

Jon

Timeline

Yes and no... There is a test her doctor can perform called a "titter" test, which shows the antibodies present in her body. This test shows the immunizations that your fiance has already received and will reduce the number of vaccinations she needs.

While vaccinations are not a requirement for the K-1 (they CAN be administered later here in the USA prior to AOS), they will be MUCH less expensive if she has them done by her own doctor. There is no requirement that the panel physician admninister the vaccinations. If your fiance does receive vaccinations from her doctor make sure he records them on an official shot record for her to present to the panel physician at the time of the medical exam in Bogota.

At the physical, be SURE your fiance receives an extra copy of the G-3025 shot record (she keeps this copy). Many beneficiaries fail to get this extra copy and end up needlessly getting duplicate vaccinations when it is time for them to AOS.

Good luck!

Hi az110965, thanks for the tip on the G-3025 form, I missed that one so will make sure she gets a copy of that form when she goes for her physical!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi az110965, thanks for the tip on the G-3025 form, I missed that one so will make sure she gets a copy of that form when she goes for her physical!!

DeNada Jon!

Best of luck for the interview.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Jon and Claudia

You can schedule the same week.. There are two parts to the medical exam.. The lab can be done in the morning and then the doctor in the afternoon.

On the vaccinations: There are actually only four shots needed with one of them being the latest flu shot. You can get this done at the appointment if you like paying lots of money (around 200 in I remember right) or you can get it done locally.. My wife had it done at the red cross. If you do it locally have it done a couple of weeks before.. If more than a month has passed the doctor will insist they need to be done again.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.