USArmyWifey

In need of help!

5 posts in this topic

My husband and i have been gathering paperwork together to send off the two packages to the NVC, which we were planning to send monday. I had a few questions so i asked my husband to call the NVC for me tonight so they could assist, only to find that my case is no longer with the NVC but on its way to the US Embassy in London.

Ovbiously this wasnt what we expected to hear at all!

We filed for an expedite due to my husbands military mission and they said they would contact me once they had made a decision. Neither of us has heard anything from the NVC via post or email for about a week so we have no idea what it going on!

Does anybody know what is going on? & more importantly, what do we do now?

Any help at all would be greatly apriciated as not much has come up when i tried to search this (maybe i worded my search wrong.. i dont know) So sorry if this is an ovbious question i just dont understand why the NVC has forwarded the case before any of the paperwork has been sent.

February 2010: Met online via social networking site

1st July 2010: Met for the first time in Lake Charles, LA [11 days]

9th August 2010: Got Engaged!

September 2010: Met for the second time in Lake Charles, LA [2 weeks]

December 2010: Met for the third time in Lake Charles, LA [3 months]

18th February 2011: Got Married!

May 2011: Met for the fourth time in London, UK [2 weeks]

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

21st July 2011 - 14th December 2011

September 2012: Met for the fith time in Lake Charles, LA [3 months]

NVC

4th January 2012 - 23th January 2012

EMBASSY

25th January 2012 - 23rd March 2012

NEW LIFE IN THE USA

5th April 2012: POE: Houston, TX, USA!!

7th May 2012: Greencard arrived in mail

Remove the Conditions on Residence Petition

USCIS

April 1st - Present

1st April 2014: Filed I-751 (with divorce waiver)

4th April 2014: Received NOA (1 year extension)

April 20th 2014: Filed for divorce

12th May 2015: Received second biometric appointment letter due to rescheduling my first appointment

May 28th 2014: Biometrics taken in Louisville, KY

October 31 2014: Received RFE requesting final divorce judgment

22nd January 2015: Received final divorce judgment & submitted to VSC

25th January 2015: Called USCIS Military hotline to enquire on gaining an extension in order to enlist in United States Army & was advised to make infopass appointment at local office as processing will take longer than 6 months on my application.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My husband and i have been gathering paperwork together to send off the two packages to the NVC, which we were planning to send monday. I had a few questions so i asked my husband to call the NVC for me tonight so they could assist, only to find that my case is no longer with the NVC but on its way to the US Embassy in London.

Ovbiously this wasnt what we expected to hear at all!

We filed for an expedite due to my husbands military mission and they said they would contact me once they had made a decision. Neither of us has heard anything from the NVC via post or email for about a week so we have no idea what it going on!

Does anybody know what is going on? & more importantly, what do we do now?

Any help at all would be greatly apriciated as not much has come up when i tried to search this (maybe i worded my search wrong.. i dont know) So sorry if this is an ovbious question i just dont understand why the NVC has forwarded the case before any of the paperwork has been sent.

In expedited cases, where the case file is sent to the Consulate incomplete, the beneficiary simply takes those two packages with them to the interview. Take copies with you so that after they look at the original documents, they can trade them for your copies instead of keeping them. Look for the Consulate to contact the beneficiary directly. Your case was expedited.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

In expedited cases, where the case file is sent to the Consulate incomplete, the beneficiary simply takes those two packages with them to the interview. Take copies with you so that after they look at the original documents, they can trade them for your copies instead of keeping them. Look for the Consulate to contact the beneficiary directly. Your case was expedited.

Thank you so much! I was hoping thats what had happend but i didnt want to asume anything!

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

EMBASSY

NEW LIFE IN THE USA

USCIS

April 1st - Present

12th May 2015: Received second biometric appointment letter due to rescheduling my first appointment

25th January 2015: Called USCIS Military hotline to enquire on gaining an extension in order to enlist in United States Army & was advised to make infopass appointment at local office as processing will take longer than 6 months on my application.

Thank you so much! I was hoping thats what had happend but i didnt want to asume anything!

Here's a link for embassy processing (rather than NVC) to give you an idea of the steps. It's what DCF filers in London follow. http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

If you ask for your LNDxxxxxxxxx number from NVC, you can make your medical appointment. Knightsbridge clinic normally request that number when you call for an appointment.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Here's a link for embassy processing (rather than NVC) to give you an idea of the steps. It's what DCF filers in London follow. http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

If you ask for your LNDxxxxxxxxx number from NVC, you can make your medical appointment. Knightsbridge clinic normally request that number when you call for an appointment.

Yes thank you :) I called the embassy and they told me the exact same thing! Medical is booked up for the 6th Feb! Cant wait!

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

NVC

EMBASSY

NEW LIFE IN THE USA

USCIS

April 1st - Present

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.