Henia

3 off topic questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam and Hello

i habe 2 questions...maybe someone can asnwer here...

1, how do you write a little message if you reach 1000 post and recieve a heart?

2, Does anyone have a recipe for kataaif?

3, Does anyone know if Labnah(creme cheese made form laban) is availible in NA (mainly Algerie)?

thanks everyone and have great weekend!!! :D

Go to "My Controls", choose "Edit Profile" and then it is the first field at the top of the screen that says "Custom Member Title".

no fair!!! you went and answered the easy question!!! :lol:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

TEST 1, 2, test 1, 2 ... testing, testing.... okeee now!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Thanks Jean... LoL also thanks Gimygirl and Noura... (yea I think I need to ride the short bus... I just caught all my spelling errors in this post... hmmm actually I caught them in many things I post later on LoL) Yup riding the short bus...

BTW how are you Jean...have not seen you in a while..(or maybe I am just blind?)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

#2 Is that the pancake-ey things with the coconut, fruit or nuts folded into it, cooked on just one side? If so, I think its any sweet pancake-like batter.

My only reference is once I was making regular pancakes (the only kind I ever made)and Hatem stopped me from flipping one over saying I was making them wrong and said I forgot to add the filling. He wanted me to cook just one side til it is almost dry, then cover 1/2 of it with stuff, then fold it in half.

...if thats even what you are asking about. sorry if it isnt

later

I should add that I am going from memery here, but I really think thats what he called it.

Edited by dawnnhatem

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline
#2 Is that the pancake-ey things with the coconut, fruit or nuts folded into it, cooked on just one side? If so, I think its any sweet pancake-like batter.

My only reference is once I was making regular pancakes (the only kind I ever made)and Hatem stopped me from flipping one over saying I was making them wrong and said I forgot to add the filling. He wanted me to cook just one side til it is almost dry, then cover 1/2 of it with stuff, then fold it in half.

later

I should add that I am going from memery here, but I really think thats what he called it.

Yessssssss it Dawn.... that kataaif... I was wondering about it...I know what it is, basically a pancake made with filling then baked again, then simple syrup poured over it... but someone was telling it made with yeast not baking powder/soda... and it sits for several hours, so I was wondering on that... Can you help me? Also what are some fillings? I do know walnut with rose water or orange blossom water filling ...have any others?

Thanks Dawn! (F)

I'm ok.
Glad to hear that :D(F) Sorry I may be out of the loop but how is your case going? Any news? I am praying for you and Moh :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

later

Yessssssss it Dawn.... that kataaif... I was wondering about it...I know what it is, basically a pancake made with filling then baked again, then simple syrup poured over it... but someone was telling it made with yeast not baking powder/soda... and it sits for several hours, so I was wondering on that... Can you help me? Also what are some fillings? I do know walnut with rose water or orange blossom water filling ...have any others?

Thanks Dawn! (F)

I am afraid we have maxed out my knowledge in this area. (actually, I'm suprised that i knew what you were looking for, if you knew me, you'd be suprised too) I can tell you that I was using some premixed aunt jamima pancake batter so I don't know if it was with yeast, soda or what ...but Hatem recognised it as kataaif by appearance and flavor (he really thought I was making kataaif wrong when I was trying to make normal pancakes). He told me likes it with shredded coconut and crushed walnut with honey...but I am sure he said others like it with fruit spreads too. Ill ask him about it and get back to you tomorrow. (F)

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.