aguilayserpiente

Fraude en las vacunas en Lima

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Estimados colegas. Tengan cuidado con los médicos en Lima. En el 22 de octubre mi novia fue con la Dra. Viviana Melichón para el examen. Melichón presionó a mi novia a ponerse vacunas que mi novia ya había recibido de niña. Mi novia se reusó, pero pagó por el examen (s.300). Melichón se molestó y demoró producir el reporte hasta hoy- 3 meses. Cuando regresó mi novia la semana pasada, Melichón se reusó a producir el reporte si mi novia no accedía a las 3 vacunas (s. 310). Denuncié a Melichón con la embajada.

Los novios son exemptos del requisito de vacunas antes de entrar a EU. Véase el manual de relaciones extangeras, 9 FAM 40.11, N10.5. http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/index.htm .

Mas el Depto. de Estado en resumidas cuentas explica que no se requieren las vacunas para los novios http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#7 , "K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage."

Indudablemente no hay ningún requisito de comprar vacunas con los doctores de la lista. Tiene uno el derecho de elegir donde hacerse el tratamiento y por el precio que uno quiera sea con el seguro SIS y el Dpto. de salud nacional MINSA o en un Public Health Dept. de EU. En mi Public Health Dept. en EU las vacunas son de costo reducido y gratuito según el ingreso. Tengan mucho cuidado y denuncien estas prácticas fraudulentas y extorsionistas.

Edited by aguilayserpiente

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Estimados colegas. Tengan cuidado con los médicos en Lima. En el 22 de octubre mi novia fue con la Dra. Viviana Melichón para el examen. Melichón presionó a mi novia a ponerse vacunas que mi novia ya había recibido de niña. Mi novia se reusó, pero pagó por el examen (s.300). Melichón se molestó y demoró producir el reporte hasta hoy- 3 meses. Cuando regresó mi novia la semana pasada, Melichón se reusó a producir el reporte si mi novia no accedía a las 3 vacunas (s. 310). Denuncié a Melichón con la embajada.

Los novios son exemptos del requisito de vacunas antes de entrar a EU. Véase el manual de relaciones extangeras, 9 FAM 40.11, N10.5. http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/index.htm .

Mas el Depto. de Estado en resumidas cuentas explica que no se requieren las vacunas para los novios http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#7 , "K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage."

Indudablemente no hay ningún requisito de comprar vacunas con los doctores de la lista. Tiene uno el derecho de elegir donde hacerse el tratamiento y por el precio que uno quiera sea con el seguro SIS y el Dpto. de salud nacional MINSA o en un Public Health Dept. de EU. En mi Public Health Dept. en EU las vacunas son de costo reducido y gratuito según el ingreso. Tengan mucho cuidado y denuncien estas prácticas fraudulentas y extorsionistas.

El mismo problema pasa en Colombia, los doctores asignados por la embajada son famosos por pedir vacunas nuevamente así el paciente haya sido vacunado uno o dos meses antes de la cita médica. Varias personas los han reportado con la embajada pero siguen haciendo el mismo truco, entonces los beneficiarios no tienen de otra.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sorry to hear this,

However; my wife's experience with Dra. Melinchon was uneventful. She paid the regular exam fee, and then recieved 4 vaccinations that were necessary. Out of the 14 or 15 required immunizations...the wife recieved four.

She did not get the "chicken-pox" vaccine, or several others because either she had it as a child, or they were age inappropriate... and the Dra. did not pressure her. Several members have gone to this Dra. without incident; however, I believe the sincerity of your post, but perhaps she has changed her ways...or was new to the system of being an embassy doctor.

In the past, Dr. Situ was considered a criminal doctor charging excessive fees.

Sincerely,

Magnus

Timeline

Sorry to hear this,

However; my wife's experience with Dra. Melinchon was uneventful. She paid the regular exam fee, and then recieved 4 vaccinations that were necessary. Out of the 14 or 15 required immunizations...the wife recieved four.

She did not get the "chicken-pox" vaccine, or several others because either she had it as a child, or they were age inappropriate... and the Dra. did not pressure her. Several members have gone to this Dra. without incident; however, I believe the sincerity of your post, but perhaps she has changed her ways...or was new to the system of being an embassy doctor.

Sincerely,

Magnus

I personally believe it's a tactic they use. Many people in Colombia say that either doctor accepted their vaccinations even if they got them as a child or even if they got them several weeks prior. However, there's also another group of people, my husband included, who were forced to get the "necessary" vaccines at their office and were not allowed to get them anywhere else, which is total bull #######. So, it is my own personal opinion that they do it at random to see who bites, and most do because they have no choice, it's either pay up or not get the visa.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

With out doubt, fraud exists...especially in Peru among other places (most of the world!). My point is, as an IR1/CR1 applicant... we did not feel we were victimized by the doctor. Eagle and Serpent are a K1 case...so there is reason for concern; however, with us...we never felt pressure and never felt victimized. The doctor did what she had to do and we made sure of that.

My wife chose Dra. Melinchon because we both prefer female doctors. I do not feel we were duped. I believe perhaps the Dra. being a new doctor of embassy....was confused as to the requirements for the different types of visas. I'm not making excuses for her, but I know we were served decently and nothing suspicious occured.

Sincerely,

Magnus

Timeline

Sorry to hear this,

Sincerely,

Magnus

Se podrían percivir como excusas para una estafadora. ¿Les dijo Melichón que no estaban obligados a comprar ninguna vacuna con ella? 9 FAM 40.11 no indica ninguna obligación de comprar las vacunas de ese médico de la lista, se necesiten o no. Peor aún, MINSA (El Dept. de Salubridad del Perú) confirmó que las vacunas son gratuitas. En EU en mi comunidad, el Public Health Dept. al igual da las vacuna gratis. Melichón está comprometida porque me escribió alegando que las vacunas son obligatorias pero se quedó callada cuando la confronté con la ley explícita.

Es sorprendente que los médicos como Melichón "se confunden en cuanto a los requisitos" cuando los beneficia económicamente y se perjudica su co-nacional y el ciudadano EU. Noten que Melichón no se comunicó con la embajada para informarse, aún después de ser confrontada.

However, they could be perceived as excuses for a fraudster. Did she inform you that you had no obligation to buy the vaccinations from her? 9 FAM 40.11 does not provide an obligation to purchase vaccinations from a panel physician- needed or not. Worse yet, MINSA (the national public health dept in Peru) confirmed that vaccinations are free. In my community in the US, the Public Health Dept. offers free vaccinations. Melichón is on the hook as she wrote to me claiming that the vaccinations are obligatory but remained silent when I confronted her with the express law.

It is remarkable that panel physicians like Melichón are invariably "confused as to the requirements" to their pecuniary benefit to the detriment of their co- national and US Citizen. Notably, Melichón did not contact the embassy to get informed, even after being confronted.

Edited by aguilayserpiente

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

Timeline

I personally believe it's a tactic they use. Many people in Colombia say that either doctor accepted their vaccinations even if they got them as a child or even if they got them several weeks prior. However, there's also another group of people, my husband included, who were forced to get the "necessary" vaccines at their office and were not allowed to get them anywhere else, which is total bull #######. So, it is my own personal opinion that they do it at random to see who bites, and most do because they have no choice, it's either pay up or not get the visa.

Diana

Exactly, Melichón refused to even produce the report unless my fiancée bought the vaccinations and told her she would be denied at the embassy if she did not buy; thus, Melichón portrayed herself as an adjudicator. The report must be produced and can indicate what if any vaccinations are needed and why. The Foreign Affairs Manual does not indicate that the physician may withold a report or act as an adjudicator, particularly since persons may request waivers for any vaccinations. A more subtle scam is the one you identified- trying to reject a recent a vaccination. If getting any vaccination prior to the visit with the doctorcito were improper according to a published regulation, a person's entire history of vaccinations would be invalid because the panel doctorcito did not sell them.

However, folks should speak up with their embassy and Senate/Congressperson. In our case, had Melichón stated from the outset in October 2011, that she would not produce the report (I-693) without buying vaccinations, I would have reported her to the embassy back in October. But, Melichón delayed for months until my fiancée demanded the report, letting Melichón know that the absolute deadline had arrived and the extortion would be complete. That's why the next step is to escalate the matter at the embassy and Peruvian medical board.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Desafortunadamente, esto pasa mucho en Lima. Siempre hay que estar preparado. Felizmente, mis amigos me advertieron que los Drs. de la embajada cobran un montón y piden muchas vacunas... y con anticipación mi esposo sacó sus carnets de vacunación y se hizo algunas vacunas necesarias ANTES en la clínica local. Cuando fue a la Clínica Angloamericana, llevó sus carnets como prueba de haberse hecho las vacunas y no podía insistir la Dra.

Solo dejo esta información para la gente que aún no ha tenido su cita médica.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

Se podrían percivir como excusas para una estafadora. ¿Les dijo Melichón que no estaban obligados a comprar ninguna vacuna con ella? 9 FAM 40.11 no indica ninguna obligación de comprar las vacunas de ese médico de la lista, se necesiten o no. Peor aún, MINSA (El Dept. de Salubridad del Perú) confirmó que las vacunas son gratuitas. En EU en mi comunidad, el Public Health Dept. al igual da las vacuna gratis. Melichón está comprometida porque me escribió alegando que las vacunas son obligatorias pero se quedó callada cuando la confronté con la ley explícita.

Es sorprendente que los médicos como Melichón "se confunden en cuanto a los requisitos" cuando los beneficia económicamente y se perjudica su co-nacional y el ciudadano EU. Noten que Melichón no se comunicó con la embajada para informarse, aún después de ser confrontada.

However, they could be perceived as excuses for a fraudster. Did she inform you that you had no obligation to buy the vaccinations from her? 9 FAM 40.11 does not provide an obligation to purchase vaccinations from a panel physician- needed or not. Worse yet, MINSA (the national public health dept in Peru) confirmed that vaccinations are free. In my community in the US, the Public Health Dept. offers free vaccinations. Melichón is on the hook as she wrote to me claiming that the vaccinations are obligatory but remained silent when I confronted her with the express law.

It is remarkable that panel physicians like Melichón are invariably "confused as to the requirements" to their pecuniary benefit to the detriment of their co- national and US Citizen. Notably, Melichón did not contact the embassy to get informed, even after being confronted.

No...the Dra. did not inform us of this, but we already knew we could go elsewhere for the vaccinations. Since only a few were needed, it was convienient to get get them there. As stated before...only four were deemed necessary...and since we are an immigrant visa case...we got them out of the way.

In making the objective statement in how we were treated...do not think I doubt your incident. All cases are different. I wish Melinchon had have treated you better. I only am saying that we were without incident. And that our cita was much later than yours.

You did the right thing in informing the embassy of this. I hope you'll eventually settle all this.

Buena suerte a ti,

Sincerely,

Magnus

Timeline

My husband was also scheduled for a CR1 interview when he had his medical. I knew exactly which vaccines were needed to get the visa which are TD, MMR and varicella and so he got them all four months before his appointment. When he went in for his medical exam the doctor told him everything was in order except the vaccines because they were "too old" and that he had to go back later that evening to get them, he was not allowed to go anywhere else to get the vaccines. When we went back to the doctor's office for him to get vaccinated, we saw a long line of people waiting outside. Turns out he told the same story to everyone who got an exam that day, I counted a total of 17 people who had to pay up to $250 dollars each, that's a total of over $4k in just vaccines, for one day. After this I learned that they do this at random, so not everybody has to pay for another round of unnecessary vaccines and they leave their office saying nothing but the best things about each doctor, understandably. However, there is another group of people who are pretty much robbed blind and they either have to pay up or not get the visa, and yes, the US embassy has been informed of this and nothing has been resolved. So it happens in Colombia, it looks like it happens in Perú, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in other countries as well.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Didn't go to Dra. Melinchon, but Dr. Corigliano and no problems at all. I just showed him my child vaccine report, and he didn't put me any vaccine...

I'm sorry this happen to you with Dra. but I guess this is happening, because the lack of control from the Embassy... the same thing happened with Dr. Situ a few years ago...

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Timeline

Didn't go to Dra. Melinchon, but Dr. Corigliano and no problems at all. I just showed him my child vaccine report, and he didn't put me any vaccine...

I'm sorry this happen to you with Dra. but I guess this is happening, because the lack of control from the Embassy... the same thing happened with Dr. Situ a few years ago...

Como dice Homer Simpson, "dooooooohhhh." Ya es tarde. La embajada y yo vamos a repasar el tema. Gracias por la sugerencia que le servirá a muchos. Yo recomiendo que las personas aprendan cuales vacunas necesitan y que se las hagan en MINSA or INS donde son gratis o de bajo costo mucho antes de ir con los doctores de la embajada.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Representates de MINSA con mucha cortesía me mandaron información sobre las vacunas.

Gracias a todos quienes comentaron.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.