Yste

Singapore Police Clearance 2012

32 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We applied For the COC Nov 1st,2013 after the interview. On Dec 4th and again on Dec 19th we emailed SPF asking for the status. We received a reply from SPF on Dec 31 ..... This was their reply:

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:59 PM, SPF CID COC (SPF) <SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg> wrote:
Ms Grace Benignos,
I refer to your enquiry on the application of the COC.
The Government Policy regarding ceasing issuing the Certificate of Clearance (COC) for non-Singapore Citizens remains the same since 18 October 2010.
However, in instances where the Migration Authorities have rejected the Statutory Declaration of an applicant and provided the applicant with an official letter bearing his/her name and file reference number from Migration Authorities requesting for a police clearance from Singapore, you may apply for the Certificate of Clearance (COC)
You will need to submit the following requirements for the application:
a) Complete the attached appeal and application form.
b) Full set of fingerprint impressions to be taken by the local police/or notary public in your country of residence.(original)
c) Submit a photocopy of your present valid passport – (bio page)
d) Photocopy of documentary proof to establish your period of stay in Singapore. (E.g. work permit identification card, testimonial letter from school or employer, arrival & departure endorsement in passport etc). Please state your duration of stay in Singapore. You must have a minimum continuous stay of 6 months in Singapore.
e) Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies bearing applicants name/file reference number to show proof that the certificate is required by such authority.
f) Two recent passport size photographs
g) A payment of $50/- SGD to be made payable to ‘HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS, CID’ via bank draft or Singapore Bank cheque. Any bank draft is acceptable, if it is payable in Singapore through a Singapore local bank.
Processing time is about 15 working days for non-Singapore citizens. Applications are processed on receipt of complete applications.
If you are mailing your application, it is advisable to send all in one package.
Regards

Balbir Kaur (Mdm)
Criminal Records Office
Criminal Investigation Department

Singapore Police Force

As you can see Mdm Balbir did not even acknowledge that we had even applied for the COC. So now we have to apply all over again.

In addition she attached an application for the COC which was much different than the one we got from their website and also an application for waiver of the non-citizen rule.
Their is more to this horror story but I'll skip all the other horrid details. I will attach the new forms she sent us though.
If you can..... apply for the COC way way early.
Grace also had to have the dreaded sputum and because of that 2 month delay and this delay her medical certificate will expire and she will have to fly to Manila for another one.
Total time since NOA1 ... 1 year and 1 week So Far!!!!

COC APPEAL APPLICATION 12-31-2013.doc

Application form COC (foreigner) 12-31-2013.doc

NOA1 December 20,2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I also have trouble in getting a police clearance from singapore. I called USEM today asking for request letter from USEM but the lady on the phone is no help! Can i just send my application form and some documents without the request letter from USEM? Btw, i stayed in singapore for 6 years, so I definitely need a police clearance. I am currently working here in Dubai and i was able to get police clearance in just 4 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I emailed them when we had to submit for a COC. They emailed me back a completely different form than what was on their website. I'm not sure if they just ignored the form that you submitted originally since it was the wrong copy or what. I'd say try to submit again with the form that she emailed you. I'm not sure what else to tell you, I'm sorry for your trouble! :(

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DId you get the letter from USEM by calling them? I sent email that was ignored. I then called them and got a no-nothing, albeit a polite and frinedly one who said to send another email. I sent the next email, and it was ignored.

Edited by Al422

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I emailed them, they replied within 2-3 days. Do you know anyone in Singapore that can inquire for you at the police station? Wish I could help more!

• 1 year later...

does my wife need a police clearance from

singapore even tho its just an internship? she had her internship for about a year way back 2011-2012 to complete her practicum.and someone told her about this please help us with ur ideas and opinions regarding this. thank you and greatly appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

This site gives detailed information. Order it early, I don't know how long Singapore takes but my fiance and I ordered one from Canada. According to the company we were using it was supposed to take 5-10 days and ours took 2 months.

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

This site gives detailed information. Order it early, I don't know how long Singapore takes but my fiance and I ordered one from Canada. According to the company we were using it was supposed to take 5-10 days and ours took 2 months.

thank u for this information. but can I order it in advance? because my wife visa is at the nvc now. fo u think its the smart thing to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We ordered ours one month before our interview because it was supposed to take 5-10 days, however due to some unknown delay it took 2 months and we had to go to our interview without it and got denied under 221g. Our police clearence just arrived yesterday and we are about to go to the post office to send it.

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

thanks for this we might just wait for her

interview and see how the us embassy will

instruct us

We received a checklist from NVC for one. You need a letter from the Manila Embassy which you can get on the Department of State website. You use this in conjunction with the NVC letter. My wife's took about 21 days, but it was done in person. She sent the fingerprints to her old boss and she dropped them off. See their website for details. Edited by Isabela

Consulate Manila, Philippines
Nebraska Service Center

2014-09-26 Marriage

USCIS

2014-10-16 I-130 Received
2014-10-24 NOA 1 Received
2014-11-07 RFE Received Online
2014-12-05 NSO Marriage Certificate received
2014-12-14 I-130 petition approved by USCIS
2014-12-15 Email from USCIS stating file has been sent to NVC

NVC

2014-12-19 NVC received our case
2015-01-23 NVC case number available
2015-01-24 Submitted DS 261
2015-01-26 Paid AOS fee
2015-01-29 Scanned the AOS & IV documents
2015-02-18 NVC IV fee was marked as paid on CEAC
2015-02-18 DS 260 Completed
2015-03-31 Received Expected Checklist for Singapore Police Certificates
2015-04-12 NVC Certificate of Clearance received

2015-05-08 Case Complete

2015 -05-21 Case sent to Manila via DHL

MANILA

2015-05-11 SLEC Medical
2015-05-15 CFO Certificate issued

2015-05-25 Case received by Manila Emabssy

2015-06-04 Interview Scheduled

2015-06-02 Manila Embassy didn't have Hong Kong Police Certificate. Apparently Phil Post didn't deliver it per their tracking.

2015-06-08 Hong Kong Police sent another Police Certificate.

2015-06-23 Hong Kong Police Certificate received by Embassy

2015-07-15 Ready for Interview on CEAC (already had interview)

2015-07-22 Visa ready at 2GO

We received a checklist from NVC for one. You need a letter from the Manila Embassy which you can get on the Department of State website. You use this in conjunction with the NVC letter. My wife's took about 21 days, but it was done in person. She sent the fingerprints to her old boss and she dropped them off. See their website for details.

are u trying to say the nvc will ask for that clearance to complete the case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.