fromsps

Address for petitioner!!!! HELP

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi all! At the moment we are in the nvc part. So here is my question...

My husband (the USC petitioner) is currently living with me in Honduras, he has been for the past 8 months and will be here until June or when I am ready to leave. Anyway he is also working while being in Honduras, he is a teacher at a honduran school. I dont know what to write for his address in any of the papers because first of all, he is not a honduran resident and he doesnt have a work permit. That means that his official residence is in the US and this is only temporary. His mailing address is in the us. I called the nvc and one person said just write the address from the USA, but then his employment letter will be from honduras and he is not only on vacation this is his life now...

I dont want any RFE´s or the information to look weird. If anyone has a similar case please help!

I don't know if this helps but I am a us citizen living outside the US. I used my non-US address everywhere on the forms (such as for correspondence) EXCEPT my I-864, where I put my US address so that I would be considered a US resident so I could financially sponsor my wife. This discrepancy did not raise a flag anywhere in my I-130/CR-1 process.

Done: I-130/CR-1, I-751/ROC

Done: I-327

Timeline

I don't know if this helps but I am a us citizen living outside the US. I used my non-US address everywhere on the forms (such as for correspondence) EXCEPT my I-864, where I put my US address so that I would be considered a US resident so I could financially sponsor my wife. This discrepancy did not raise a flag anywhere in my I-130/CR-1 process.

Thanks!!!

So just to be sure, when your beneficiary filled the ds-230 form she wrote your non-us address becuase you are living together??? All the correspondence for us is getting to my husbands address in the states which is his parents house.

Timeline

Thanks!!!

So just to be sure, when your beneficiary filled the ds-230 form she wrote your non-us address becuase you are living together??? All the correspondence for us is getting to my husbands address in the states which is his parents house.

AGAIN ME SORRY, its just we dont want to get any correspondence here in honduras, the mail system here is horrible.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi all! At the moment we are in the nvc part. So here is my question...

My husband (the USC petitioner) is currently living with me in Honduras, he has been for the past 8 months and will be here until June or when I am ready to leave. Anyway he is also working while being in Honduras, he is a teacher at a honduran school. I dont know what to write for his address in any of the papers because first of all, he is not a honduran resident and he doesnt have a work permit. That means that his official residence is in the US and this is only temporary. His mailing address is in the us. I called the nvc and one person said just write the address from the USA, but then his employment letter will be from honduras and he is not only on vacation this is his life now...

I dont want any RFE´s or the information to look weird. If anyone has a similar case please help!

Use the address in the USA. Skip the employment letter. Unless his income will continue from the same source after returning to the USA, it will not be considered as qualifying on the I-864 anyway. Sounds like you'll need a qualified joint sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Use the address in the USA. Skip the employment letter. Unless his income will continue from the same source after returning to the USA, it will not be considered as qualifying on the I-864 anyway. Sounds like you'll need a qualified joint sponsor.

Thanks you so much!!! That was a very stess relievieng great answer to my question!

Timeline

Hi! I have another question. So for your affidavit of support, where you employed in another country or employed in the states or self employed?? My husband is employed in Honduras... So I am thinking that listing his residence in the states and his employment in honduras would look weird.

Hi! I have another question. So for my husbands affidavit of support, where they asked if he is employed, unemployed, or self employed should he write unemployed because his employment is in Honduras and you mentioned how I should just leave the employment part out becuase it is not enough for the meet the poverty line or support me. We are having joint sponsors but saying unemployed really sounds harsh...

Timeline

Hi! I have another question. So for your affidavit of support, where you employed in another country or employed in the states or self employed?? My husband is employed in Honduras... So I am thinking that listing his residence in the states and his employment in honduras would look weird.

Hi! I have another question. So for my husbands affidavit of support, where they asked if he is employed, unemployed, or self employed should he write unemployed because his employment is in Honduras and you mentioned how I should just leave the employment part out becuase it is not enough for the meet the poverty line or support me. We are having joint sponsors but saying unemployed really sounds harsh...

Answer the question truthfully at the time he provides the affidavit. I said skip the employer letter, not lie on the affidavit. His income will not "count" because it won't continue from the same source when you both move back to the USA. So, no need to provide evidence of something that is not going to count. You need a qualified joint sponsor. Your husband's income won't qualify.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Answer the question truthfully at the time he provides the affidavit. I said skip the employer letter, not lie on the affidavit. His income will not "count" because it won't continue from the same source when you both move back to the USA. So, no need to provide evidence of something that is not going to count. You need a qualified joint sponsor. Your husband's income won't qualify.

sorry to be asking so many questions...but can I leave the income part blank?? I am not sure if it is an obligation to send proof that he makes that or I just have to write a number in there...

Timeline

sorry to be asking so many questions...but can I leave the income part blank?? I am not sure if it is an obligation to send proof that he makes that or I just have to write a number in there...

Please have the US Citizen read my responses to your questions. Leaving blank is not telling the truth. His income will not be considered. You'll need a joint sponsor, so no need to document the income from the unqualified sponsor.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.