absolom

maybe im an idiot

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How can those sites be considered marriage brokers? Shouldn't match.com or eharmony be considered marriage brokers than. I just choose to look outside of my country for someone. The whole marriage brokers and mail order brides thing really gets me worked up. If I every called an AW a mail order bride she'd cut my nuts off.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
How can those sites be considered marriage brokers? Shouldn't match.com or eharmony be considered marriage brokers than. I just choose to look outside of my country for someone. The whole marriage brokers and mail order brides thing really gets me worked up. If I every called an AW a mail order bride she'd cut my nuts off.

Yeh

I got me worked up too. I think it is BS.

I was ready to tell my SO to fly to mexico and walk across.

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I tell you what John. If my SO hadn't a child I was definitely thinking about it. It's estimated that 7500 people come across the border everyday. And that's only an estimation. They truly have no concrete evidence beyond that. It's a sad thing. And Mexico wants to have talks with us about how we should ease our borders so more Mexicans can enter. It's crazy. I'm not against Mexicans but it's just crazy that we allow this and here we are trying to do things the right way and I feel penalized for doing it legal.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Filed: Timeline

As someone who wrote to many hundreds of women.. I can tell you that the term Mail Order Bride is vastly wrong... except for a few who was trying to scam.. the women were trying to find a spouse.. many that I wrote would prefer to stay where they are.. they have a friend who they know who met someone overseas and is very happy... so they are looking for that happiness...

And almost all were smart and had a mind on thier shoulders and knew what they were looking for.. and many decided that I did not have what they wanted.. and many did not have what I wanted... there was NO 'order' you lady and she comes over..

Now, most of these ladies have a different version of what makes them happy... and it is more in line with what makes me happy... a good family experience.... I do not want or need a fancy big house.. I do not need an expensive car.. I do not need to try and show people that I make more than them or am better than them etc... and most of the women I dated here think these are important...

I get kidded at work for not having cable TV, high speed internet, a new cell phone (and only got it for emergencies)... all these just don't make sense to me... I enjoy a simple life..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.