Princess Z

K1 visa interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning. My fiance was interviewed today in Lagos but was not issued a visa. He said he wasn't denied. That the Consulate Officer said that our petition was for immigration purpose and would be sending our file back to USCIS for revocation. Our petition will expire on February 13th. What do we do? Do I contact the American Embassy in Lagos and ask for another interview or what? Please help me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Waoh sorry abt the Outcome.Was your fiancee nervous during the interview?

How long have you guys met?

How do you communicate?

What were the questions asked during the interview

You can contact the embassy directly to get a download of the interview session.Hopefully someone at the embassy will let you know what went wrong

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filed a K1 petition for him in 2010 and I withdrew it in March 2011 because they were asking for evidence. I lied on the letter of intetnt by saying that I met him in 2008 during my uncle's funeral. But the truth is that I met him in 2006 on a social network and we met for the first time last year February. So when I filed the new petition i explained that we met through a social network. So when he went for the interview today the CO brought out the file from the old petition and said the story of how we met didn't add up, that the story from the first petition was different from the second one. He didn't even ask him any question but he took the affidavit of support documents from him and also wanted to take our e-mail records. When I filed the second petition I didn't want to lie again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yah, stinks n sry to hear.. but did you know about a place like VJ or friends to express concerns (red flags) before you filed either petition? It's tough to change stories with those guys cuz they keep records forever! I'm a little surprised USCIS passed ur petition twice without much delay though. So on your first petition in 2010, you had not seen him yet, so how did you prove you had met to USCIS? No pictures? since u said you only actually first met in February 2011. I'm not trying to re-visit your past, but just so you understand how USCIS could look at it now when they start reviewing for revocation. Even the spouse route will be tough. Rethink ur next steps well, embassy's are no joke.

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Good morning. My fiance was interviewed today in Lagos but was not issued a visa. He said he wasn't denied. That the Consulate Officer said that our petition was for immigration purpose and would be sending our file back to USCIS for revocation. Our petition will expire on February 13th. What do we do? Do I contact the American Embassy in Lagos and ask for another interview or what? Please help me.

xpire

I know a few people that went through revocation. Your best outcome is to contact your Congressman before they send it back, cos after they send it back here your petition will definitely expire. Revocation process takes at least 6 months.

Timeline

Lagos is one of the toughest Embassy's to deal with when you have a clear case of Visa issue. When you provide them with untrue statements or documents or etc.... They don't blink to deny you a visa.

I would consult with an attorney and then proceed, with or without one. Rethink each step well before proceeding with the next step.

Calling your Congressman would help. But they can't change the outcome of the decision which the CO makes.

Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You in their eyes provided false info on marterial facts for a man you hadn't met to help him gain immigration benefits and then tried to cover you mistake with a second petition. You either than a very expensive or an impossible path in front of you. I think you will have to spend extended time with him to prove a valid relationship. I would guess 6 months at least.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

I filed a K1 petition for him in 2010 and I withdrew it in March 2011 because they were asking for evidence. I lied on the letter of intetnt by saying that I met him in 2008 during my uncle's funeral. But the truth is that I met him in 2006 on a social network and we met for the first time last year February. So when I filed the new petition i explained that we met through a social network. So when he went for the interview today the CO brought out the file from the old petition and said the story of how we met didn't add up, that the story from the first petition was different from the second one. He didn't even ask him any question but he took the affidavit of support documents from him and also wanted to take our e-mail records. When I filed the second petition I didn't want to lie again.

Are you a Nigerian by Birth.Perhaps you failed to know you were dealing with Americans,who had records.You still can try calling the embassy and detail them about your MISTAKE and let them know how much you guys love eachother.

If you are a Nigerian by Birth,Pls move home to him for a couple of months,n visit the embassy during this time

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.