savyandmanny

what does RFE stand for

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know this might sound incredibly stupid but what does RFE stand for and what is it...I just started my application for my fiance so I have a long way to go learn all this vocabulary.

there is also a couple of other words, which i have an idea of what they stand for but just in case, here it goes:

CSC

NSC

NOA

"touched"

NVC

RFE (IMBRA)

NOA

thanks all...and sorry "incredibly stupid" question but best to ask for the long process ahead....

Savy and Manny

1990's- We grew up together (childhood friends)

2003- Romantic Relationship

11/2004-Engaged

9/29/06 - I-129F Sent (long way to go 'till my baby comes!)

10/3/06 - I-129F Signed/recieved by TSC

10/16/06 - NOA1

12/21/06 - I-129F Approved - NOA2

1/8/07-NVC gave me case number in DR and sent it to the embassy

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You can find a list of all the abbreviations here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

Edit: *snaps her fingers* Mew beat me by about one second! heh.

Edited by Arazia

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I know this might sound incredibly stupid but what does RFE stand for and what is it...I just started my application for my fiance so I have a long way to go learn all this vocabulary.

there is also a couple of other words, which i have an idea of what they stand for but just in case, here it goes:

CSC -California Service Center

NSC- Nebraska Service Center

NOA- Notice of Action

"touched"- means someone looked at your case, with no updates such as an approva;

NVC- National VIsa Center- where petitions go after USCIS

RFE (IMBRA)- Request for Evidence for IMBRA which is the Internation Marriage Broker something something which means you have to say whether or not you met online and if you paid for the service and so on.

NOA- NOtice of Action, still.

thanks all...and sorry "incredibly stupid" question but best to ask for the long process ahead....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

CSC

NSC

NOA

"touched"

NVC

RFE (IMBRA)

NOA

RFE=request for evidence

CSC= California Service Center

NSC=Nebraska Service Center

NOA= Notice of Action

"touched"= the date on your USCIS case status page has changed. (i.e. it says "Updated September 22," you were touched Sept 22)

NVC= National Visa Center

RFE (IMBRA)= A specific RFE they sent out for everyone who filed on or after March 6 but before around June 15 which is when a new form came out (unless they filed with the old form later). It is to comply with a law to protect foreign fiances, so USCs have to disclose criminal histories for some crimes, and whether or not they used a marriage broker, etc.

NOA=you already asked that!

Anyway, I'm just posting this in case anyone who reads this is too lazy to read the guides and they ask later... Also procrastinating on going to the post office. :P

Filed: Timeline

thanks all...the only one I did not see was 'TOUCHED'

THANKS AGAIN...VERY HELPFUL

CSC

NSC

NOA

"touched"

NVC

RFE (IMBRA)

NOA

RFE=request for evidence

CSC= California Service Center

NSC=Nebraska Service Center

NOA= Notice of Action

"touched"= the date on your USCIS case status page has changed. (i.e. it says "Updated September 22," you were touched Sept 22)

NVC= National Visa Center

RFE (IMBRA)= A specific RFE they sent out for everyone who filed on or after March 6 but before around June 15 which is when a new form came out (unless they filed with the old form later). It is to comply with a law to protect foreign fiances, so USCs have to disclose criminal histories for some crimes, and whether or not they used a marriage broker, etc.

NOA=you already asked that!

Anyway, I'm just posting this in case anyone who reads this is too lazy to read the guides and they ask later... Also procrastinating on going to the post office. :P

THANKS!!!!

Savy and Manny

1990's- We grew up together (childhood friends)

2003- Romantic Relationship

11/2004-Engaged

9/29/06 - I-129F Sent (long way to go 'till my baby comes!)

10/3/06 - I-129F Signed/recieved by TSC

10/16/06 - NOA1

12/21/06 - I-129F Approved - NOA2

1/8/07-NVC gave me case number in DR and sent it to the embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.