swanman76

military affidavit of support

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello I am needing to know what documents I need to send along with the affidavit of support I am in the active duty military army. Thank you ..I know I need les's but how many? w2's how many...etc etc..thank you so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

W2 for each year of taxes - with all pages of the taxes.

We sent 8 LES statements, leading up to the interview date.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So w2s for what years..because I have alot

Most recent and the 2 years after it is what was requested at our interview.

Recently some have only been asked for the most recent but I would have all 3 just in case you are asked for it.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I'm in the NAVY i have 7 months of active duty, so this would be my first time around filling for taxes i dont have previous tax forms since i worked off the books until now. Is a letter of employment and my LES for the past months be enough or do i need a co-sponsor for the affidavit, btw i still haven't received an NOA1 so i guess i have to accumulate LES since i'm enlisted for the 4 years.

Our Timeline

03/30/2012: Married

USCIS

07/18/2012: I-130 Sent

07/19/2012: USPS Delivery Confirmation

07/23/2012: NOA1 Text

07/24/2012: Check Cashed

07/30/2012: NOA1 Hard Copy

Timeline

Most recent and the 2 years after it is what was requested at our interview.

Recently some have only been asked for the most recent but I would have all 3 just in case you are asked for it.

ok thanks I am getting together my 2008 2009 and 2010 returns ...thanks..also on the les how many and do they need 1st and 15th les or just the end of month since that is the one that has all the information ..thanks

'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tax returns for the previous three years filed. Getting a letter of employment from the Commander holds more weight. They can include how long you have been on active duty, your ETS to show job stability (many SM are on indefinite status), if you are being considered for reenlistment. This letter is coming from your branch of service (federal govt) and as long as they state your pay grade and monthly wages it supports your tax returns. Providing several LES statement is redundant information. I did not provide any both on a previous K-1(I cancelled that petition) or the CR-1.

Good luck,

Army Officer Retired

Tax returns for the previous three years filed. Getting a letter of employment from the Commander holds more weight. They can include how long you have been on active duty, your ETS to show job stability (many SM are on indefinite status), if you are being considered for reenlistment. This letter is coming from your branch of service (federal govt) and as long as they state your pay grade and monthly wages it supports your tax returns. Providing several LES statement is redundant information. I did not provide any both on a previous K-1(I cancelled that petition) or the CR-1.

Good luck,

Army Officer Retired

Does this mean that in my case a letter of employment from the CO or SUPPO would be sufficient(No Affidavit needed), since i've never filed taxes before and this year Taxes won't meet the poverty level standards.

Our Timeline

USCIS

Timeline

So would the tax statements..w2s all that ,,,,my les's and an erb suffice?...and how do i fill out the affidavit correctly? do i need to put how much i have in the bank and all that....do i need to provide bank statements..etc etc..thanks

Timeline

Does this mean that in my case a letter of employment from the CO or SUPPO would be sufficient(No Affidavit needed), since i've never filed taxes before and this year Taxes won't meet the poverty level standards.

You are still required to do the AOS however you can attach a letter explaining why you have no previous tax returns filled but effective this year you are earning the required funds to meet or exceed the poverty level depending on the number of dependents you are sponsoring. Remember active duty personnel only hsve to meet 100 percent of the poverty level not 125 percent. Have the legal office notarized the letter and attach it along with the letter of employment. You can provide bank statements that show your saving and confirms how long you have had the account and how much you have deposited by year. This also helps prove you can sponsor the applicant.

Timeline

So would the tax statements..w2s all that ,,,,my les's and an erb suffice?...and how do i fill out the affidavit correctly? do i need to put how much i have in the bank and all that....do i need to provide bank statements..etc etc..thanks

I also recommend a letter of employment from the CO as well and yes bank statements by month and a role up statement for the entire year. The bank gave me a memo that established by year my starting balance, total monies deposited and my ending balance for the year. It is important that they include how long you have had that account to establish financial stability.

Edited by MIBEN

You are still required to do the AOS however you can attach a letter explaining why you have no previous tax returns filled but effective this year you are earning the required funds to meet or exceed the poverty level depending on the number of dependents you are sponsoring. Remember active duty personnel only hsve to meet 100 percent of the poverty level not 125 percent. Have the legal office notarized the letter and attach it along with the letter of employment. You can provide bank statements that show your saving and confirms how long you have had the account and how much you have deposited by year. This also helps prove you can sponsor the applicant.

Thank you so much sir, i have no dependents i will sponsor my fiancee and i'm still not doing the AOS im in the |-129F Process, but when is time for my interview i will make the letter explaining why i have no previous tax returns and have it notarized with the letter of employment by the legal officer. Also i will have my statements printed. Your Answer have saved me asking someone to be a co-sponsor for my fiancee because i though the affidavit was must, but i see theres more ways to proof that i'm capable of sponsoring him. :star: :star: :star:

Our Timeline

USCIS

Timeline

Thank you so much sir, i have no dependents i will sponsor my fiancee and i'm still not doing the AOS im in the |-129F Process, but when is time for my interview i will make the letter explaining why i have no previous tax returns and have it notarized with the letter of employment by the legal officer. Also i will have my statements printed. Your Answer have saved me asking someone to be a co-sponsor for my fiancee because i though the affidavit was must, but i see theres more ways to proof that i'm capable of sponsoring him. :star: :star: :star:

You are welcomed glad to help I am here if you have any questions. Oh by the way it is Ma'am lol I sponsored my husband as well.

You are welcomed glad to help I am here if you have any questions. Oh by the way it is Ma'am lol I sponsored my husband as well.

LoL Sorry ma'am.

My window for orders opens up in few months and is sea duty, if i end up being sent to a foreign country would i have to get him a visa to enter that country and live there or they wont sent me abroad because i'll b married?

Our Timeline

USCIS

Timeline

LoL Sorry ma'am.

My window for orders opens up in few months and is sea duty, if i end up being sent to a foreign country would i have to get him a visa to enter that country and live there or they wont sent me abroad because i'll b married?

You can add him to your military record as soon as you get married. This will ensure he is listed on your reassignment orders. If you go to an overseas location that is not dependent restricted you could still request command sponsorship and have the command sponsor him at your overseas location. Ofcourse at this point the k-1 would be invalid as it is only used to enter the US. Any orders you get to the overseas command will serve to get him a visa to the overseas location. You can still work on the CR-1 to get him a green card as you are overseas due to government service. Your military service takes first priority therefore I can say that the service does take your family situation into account but it is safe to say "Mission First, People Always" or you could get overseas duty married or not.

Good luck,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.