웃

Child Abuse Rate At Zero Percent In Lesbian Households, New Report Finds

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

s-LESBIANS-CHILD-ABUSE-large.jpg

Los Angeles, CA -- The Williams Institute, a research center on sexual orientation law and public policy at UCLA School of Law, has announced new findings from the U.S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study (NLLFS), the longest-running study ever conducted on American lesbian families (now in its 24th year). In an article published today in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the 17-year-old daughters and sons of lesbian mothers were asked about sexual abuse, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior.

The paper found that none of the 78 NLLFS adolescents reports having ever been physically or sexually abused by a parent or other caregiver. This contrasts with 26 percent of American adolescents who report parent or caregiver physical abuse and 8.3 percent who report sexual abuse.

According to the authors, "the absence of child abuse in lesbian mother families is particularly noteworthy, because victimization of children is pervasive and its consequences can be devastating. To the extent that our findings are replicated by other researchers, these reports from adolescents with lesbian mothers have implications for healthcare professionals, policymakers, social service agencies, and child protection experts who seek family models in which violence does not occur."

On sexual orientation, 2.8 percent of the NLLFS adolescents identified as predominantly to exclusively homosexual.

The study was conducted by Nanette Gartrell, M.D., Henny Bos, Ph.D. (University of Amsterdam), and Naomi Goldberg, M.P.P. (Williams Institute). Principal investigator Nanette Gartrell, M.D., is a 2010 Williams Distinguished Scholar, an associate clinical professor of psychiatry at UCSF, and affiliated with the University of Amsterdam.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/10/lesbians-child-abuse-0-percent_n_781624.html

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I guess they don't factor in mental abuse eh? I mean how does a kid explain to his class mates and friends that he has a mom and mom-dad? If I was that kid I would either run away from home in the hopes of getting adopted by a normal family or consider hanging myself.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I personally know 2 lesbian moms who have 5 adopted kids, 2 of which are in college right now doing EXCELLENT & the other 3 are still in grade school, also doing excellent. They were all adopted as small children (not babies) and had a heck of a lot more issues from the foster care system and their biological parents then they ever could have from having 2 moms.

Just sayin'

I heard of a child who was raised by a wolf pack and ended up ok.

Just sayin'

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I heard of a child who was raised by a wolf pack and ended up ok.

Just sayin'

:rofl::lol: You're seriously comparing adopted kids to a feral child?

Werewolf Boy Who Snarles and Bites

"It's quite possible he is a dangerous with psychological problems but also a source of viruses and infections."
205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

:rofl::lol: You're seriously comparing adopted kids to a feral child?

Werewolf Boy Who Snarles and Bites

Mowgli ...and don't forget Tarzan either...although he was raised by apes, he still seemed normal other than a few fashion faux pas.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

s-LESBIANS-CHILD-ABUSE-large.jpg

Los Angeles, CA -- The Williams Institute, a research center on sexual orientation law and public policy at UCLA School of Law, has announced new findings from the U.S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study (NLLFS), the longest-running study ever conducted on American lesbian families (now in its 24th year). In an article published today in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the 17-year-old daughters and sons of lesbian mothers were asked about sexual abuse, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior.

The paper found that none of the 78 NLLFS adolescents reports having ever been physically or sexually abused by a parent or other caregiver. This contrasts with 26 percent of American adolescents who report parent or caregiver physical abuse and 8.3 percent who report sexual abuse.

According to the authors, "the absence of child abuse in lesbian mother families is particularly noteworthy, because victimization of children is pervasive and its consequences can be devastating. To the extent that our findings are replicated by other researchers, these reports from adolescents with lesbian mothers have implications for healthcare professionals, policymakers, social service agencies, and child protection experts who seek family models in which violence does not occur."

On sexual orientation, 2.8 percent of the NLLFS adolescents identified as predominantly to exclusively homosexual.

The study was conducted by Nanette Gartrell, M.D., Henny Bos, Ph.D. (University of Amsterdam), and Naomi Goldberg, M.P.P. (Williams Institute). Principal investigator Nanette Gartrell, M.D., is a 2010 Williams Distinguished Scholar, an associate clinical professor of psychiatry at UCSF, and affiliated with the University of Amsterdam.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/10/lesbians-child-abuse-0-percent_n_781624.html

Lets be honest here, how trustworthy is the research coming from a groups called The Williams Institute for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law and Public Policy?

Even so we know Lesbians, while they are racked with a number of problems don't have the proclivity to molest children at alarming rates (that I am aware of),

care to post the stats on Homosexual men caring for adopted of foster kids?

Didn't think so.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline
Lets be honest here, how trustworthy is the research coming from a groups called The Williams Institute for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law and Public Policy?

Even so we know Lesbians, while they are racked with a number of problems don't have the proclivity to molest children at alarming rates (that I am aware of),

care to post the stats on Homosexual men caring for adopted of foster kids?

Didn't think so.

Why not? Homosexual men are less likely to smack their children than heterosexual men. Rather, homosexual men utilize positive enforcement techniques over physical ones. Try to get some factual input for a change. It's readily available. If you're interested...

3.2 Perpetrators of Child Maltreatment

In 2003, an estimated 906,000 children were victims of abuse and neglect. Neglect was the most common form of maltreatment, with 60.9 percent of child victims suffering from neglect in 2003. Neglect was followed by physical abuse (18.9 percent of child victims), sexual abuse (9.9 percent of child victims), and psychological maltreatment (4.9 percent of child victims). In 2003, approximately 1,500 children died because of abuse or neglect.29

The largest percentage of perpetrators (83.9 percent) was parents, including birth parents, adoptive parents, and stepparents.30 How do fathers compare to mothers in the perpetration of child maltreatment? As discussed earlier, Federal data derived from CPS reports in 2003 indicate that in 18.8 percent of the substantiated cases, fathers were the sole perpetrators of maltreatment; in 16.9 percent of the cases, the fathers and the mothers were perpetrators; and in 1.1 percent of the cases, the father acted with someone else to abuse or neglect his child. Mothers were the sole perpetrators in 40.8 percent of the cases and acted with someone besides the father in 6.3 percent of the cases.31 This means that fathers were involved in 36.8 percent of child maltreatment cases and that mothers were involved in 64 percent of child maltreatment cases. Additionally, more than one-half of the male perpetrators were biological fathers, and, although recidivism rates were low, biological fathers were more likely to be perpetrators of maltreatment again than were most other male perpetrators. This may be due in part to the lack of permanence between a mother and her boyfriend or that the perpetrator may be excluded from the household before recidivism can occur.32

Mothers are almost twice as likely to be directly involved in child maltreatment as fathers. Mothers are more likely to abuse or neglect their children than fathers because they bear a larger share of parenting responsibilities in two-parent families and because a large percentage of families today are headed by mothers. In some communities, they are the majority.33 Perpetrator patterns differ, however, by type of maltreatment. Mothers are not more likely to be the perpetrator when it comes to sexual abuse; fathers are more likely to be reported for this crime.34

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/fatherhood/chapterthree.cfm#fn30

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why not? Homosexual men are less likely to smack their children than heterosexual men. Rather, homosexual men utilize positive enforcement techniques over physical ones. Try to get some factual input for a change. It's readily available. If you're interested...

Are you serious.... your stand is that Homosexual men are great parents because they tend to utilize "positive reenforcement" and reject "spanking" as an option?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Children need love and nurturing. You'd think the homophobes would at least agree on that fundamental premise of childcare.

Are you serious.... your stand is that Homosexual men are great parents because they tend to utilize "positive reenforcement" and reject "spanking" as an option?

No, my point is that there's no evidence that children raised in same-sex relationship houeholds (whether by two men or two women) are any more subeject to abuse than children raised in "traditional" two parent households. If anything, several studies suggest that child abuse in same-sex relationship households - regardless of the gender - is lower than in "traditional" households. There's a link in my post. Feel free to read.