evoria

Help Please

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

While reading through others post I noticed forms such as 156 and 157 and part 3 and part 4 as part of the interview process. We have our interview in a few weeks and none of those forms have been requested of us. I do not think? Is this something we should know without being requested? According to our letter we need to have only our interview letter, medicals, pictures and passport and of course documents that support our relationship. All originals were collected and forwarded by NVC,including orignal Police Certificate and marriage and divorce certificates and all payments are marked as paid. What are these other documents? Are they required for a IR/1 visa? I am so confused.

Please help :help:

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

there is nothing to be worried about. As the appointment letter says, get your medicals done and plz get a new police report as the one you sent to the nvc might have expired because the police report is good for 3 months. Get the correct passport pic size and evidences to show proof of a bonafide relationship. Make sure you have copies of whatever docs you sent in to the nvc so that in the event, that they cant find a doc, you will be ready to provide it to them to prevent delays. Good luck on your interview date!

uKsoKfowKerdna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I cannot speak directly to your embassy, but I would never send in original anything. You need those. Only send in copies and keep the originals to show at an interview. I would suggest you ask for them back at your interview and let them keep the copies.

evoria, those documents are necessary for the K1 visa process. You have already submitted all of your required documents to NVC. You only need to concern yourself with what the appointment letter says. Good luck!

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks so much I appreciate all the advice and well wishes. Thanks Andrew we will get another Police Report one week before because I believe by interview day we will be just at the 3 month mark.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.