gretchen_darren

immunizations

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think the word needs to get out about the skipping of immunizations at St. Luke's medical center. My wife skipped the immunizations and form ds-3025 being filled out. It is an option at the medical center. She chose the option, by the time I found out, there was nothing I could do but know what would happen when she got here. During AOS, having the DS-3025 completed saves from going through the I-693 exam (hopefully no RFE for it).

Skipping this DS-3025 being filled out (marked as completed) at St. Lukes adds to back-end loading once in the USA. This means form I-693 has to be filled out with potentially another examination (depending on doctor). The examination in the states is done by a duly certified person registered with USCIS. Chances are extremely high this exam in the US will be with a male doctor not a female doctor.

The main issue is the vaccination portion has to be completed. There will be blood drawn and tested for immunizations. The doctor has the right to insist on a complete examination including x-rays, etc, if vaccinations are required. This means the fiance(e) or spouse will be subjected to a doctor not chosen by preference until the I-693 forms are complete. (At St. Lukes, the fiancee or spouse has the option of a female physician. In the USA, it depends on the location and those registered with USCIS (chances are slim for a female physician).

Right now, we are scheduling a visit to see how much we have left to complete. (I am hoping we have a lot done, but I suspect many vaccinations will be delayed until August 2012.)

It also adds to the cost, (depending on if your health insurance covers it.) Plus multiple visits for shots if immunizations are required. (time off work, etc) Skipping the shots or having the form filled out at St. Luke's Medical center is an option. However, I think the fiance(e), needs to know what affects this has on the rest of the process down the road. My wife is starting to wish she had not skipped those shots at St. Lukes. She really hate needles, so I am sure once the immunizations start, she will really wish she did not skip at St. Lukes.)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Civil Surgeons can be fun. There is no requirement that they actually give the immunications but rather they need to take the information that they have and put into the I-693. You could get the immunications at your local family doctor and bring proof that they were given and the date. Have it signed by your doctor. We did that for a couple that Trisha needed. It worked fine. Of course the surgeon wanted to do a full exam anyway but there are plenty of threads on how to handle that if the medical from St. :Lukes is less than a year.

If you go to the CDC web site it maintains what immunizations are needed for immigration.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

during the time I've been on VJ, I'd say the word has been out. I've seen it recommended many times why pay for vaccinations when they are included in the cost of St. Lukes medical. If you have received vaccinations before St. Lukes, bring the records and the doctor will decide which vaccinations you need to be given and which ones can be transcibed to the DS-3025.

as far as whether a female or male Civil Surgeon, for most that will not be an issue for only vaccinations. if the doctor pushes for a full medical, find another doctor.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

during the time I've been on VJ, I'd say the word has been out. I've seen it recommended many times why pay for vaccinations when they are included in the cost of St. Lukes medical. If you have received vaccinations before St. Lukes, bring the records and the doctor will decide which vaccinations you need to be given and which ones can be transcibed to the DS-3025.

as far as whether a female or male Civil Surgeon, for most that will not be an issue for only vaccinations. if the doctor pushes for a full medical, find another doctor.

You right! better to do it now and get it over with than wait until later when you are in the USA!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

I think the word needs to get out about the skipping of immunizations at St. Luke's medical center. My wife skipped the immunizations and form ds-3025 being filled out. It is an option at the medical center. She chose the option, by the time I found out, there was nothing I could do but know what would happen when she got here.

^^^ The word is already out. It's on the Embassy's interview preparation instructions for K-1ers, as well as the USCIS website. Also, it's been discussed here on VJ many times.

During AOS, having the DS-3025 completed saves from going through the I-693 exam (hopefully no RFE for it).

^^^ Incorrect. There is no "I-693 exam" for K-1ers. However, there are Civil Surgeons who don't know the drill.

Skipping this DS-3025 being filled out (marked as completed) at St. Lukes adds to back-end loading once in the USA. This means form I-693 has to be filled out with potentially another examination (depending on doctor). The examination in the states is done by a duly certified person registered with USCIS. Chances are extremely high this exam in the US will be with a male doctor not a female doctor.

^^^ Incorrect again. K-1ers are not required to have another medical exam. It does not "depend on the doctor." The "duly certified person registered with the USCIS" you are referring to is called a "Civil Surgeon." You choose the Civil Surgeon yourself, so you are the one who determines the gender of your Civil Surgeon.

The main issue is the vaccination portion has to be completed. There will be blood drawn and tested for immunizations. The doctor has the right to insist on a complete examination including x-rays, etc, if vaccinations are required. This means the fiance(e) or spouse will be subjected to a doctor not chosen by preference until the I-693 forms are complete. (At St. Lukes, the fiancee or spouse has the option of a female physician. In the USA, it depends on the location and those registered with USCIS (chances are slim for a female physician).

^^^ Nonsense!

Right now, we are scheduling a visit to see how much we have left to complete. (I am hoping we have a lot done, but I suspect many vaccinations will be delayed until August 2012.)

It also adds to the cost, (depending on if your health insurance covers it.) Plus multiple visits for shots if immunizations are required. (time off work, etc) Skipping the shots or having the form filled out at St. Luke's Medical center is an option. However, I think the fiance(e), needs to know what affects this has on the rest of the process down the road. My wife is starting to wish she had not skipped those shots at St. Lukes. She really hate needles, so I am sure once the immunizations start, she will really wish she did not skip at St. Lukes.)

Civil Surgeons can be fun. There is no requirement that they actually give the immunications but rather they need to take the information that they have and put into the I-693. You could get the immunications at your local family doctor and bring proof that they were given and the date. Have it signed by your doctor. We did that for a couple that Trisha needed. It worked fine. Of course the surgeon wanted to do a full exam anyway but there are plenty of threads on how to handle that if the medical from St. :Lukes is less than a year.

If you go to the CDC web site it maintains what immunizations are needed for immigration.

^^^ :thumbs: Yup...your family doctor can give you the shots...or a community health clinic.

^^^ :thumbs:

Chinook found a Civil Surgeon who knew the drill for K-1ers. The Civil Surgeon simply transcribed Chinook's vaccination record onto the I-693. It cost about $35 and we were out of there within 20 minutes.

You right! better to do it now and get it over with than wait until later when you are in the USA!

But...where's the drama in that ?!? :jest:

he does seem to have a knack for it...

Darren, read page four, section 111

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Timeline

:rofl::D

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

^^^ :thumbs: Yup...your family doctor can give you the shots...or a community health clinic.

^^^ :thumbs:

Chinook found a Civil Surgeon who knew the drill for K-1ers. The Civil Surgeon simply transcribed Chinook's vaccination record onto the I-693. It cost about $35 and we were out of there within 20 minutes.

So Tahoma, you can go to your Friendly Neighborhood Doctor and have the shots then have the Civil Surgeon complete the I-693???? So no need Specifically to go to a Civil Surgeon only to have the I-693 Filled out or certified by him/her?? Im planning on her having them done at St. lukes anyway just asking? :thumbs:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

on the DS-3025, given to the applicant at St Lukes, if all the required vaccinations are marked as completed, you can submit a copy of the DS-3025 with your AOS. if some vaccinations are still required, you can receive them where you choose, then take the DS-3025 and vaccination records to a Civil Surgeon, to have them transcibed to a I-693.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/2009-ti-vaccination.pdf

Timeline

on the DS-3025, given to the applicant at St Lukes, if all the required vaccinations are marked as completed, you can submit a copy of the DS-3025 with your AOS. if some vaccinations are still required, you can receive them where you choose, then take the DS-3025 and vaccination records to a Civil Surgeon, to have them transcibed to a I-693.

http://www.cdc.gov/i...vaccination.pdf

:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Also, some people here on VJ didn't submit an I-693 with their AOS packet, and they didn't receive an RFE.

I would presume these applicants had a form DS-3025 in their packet?

Or are you implying that some applicants did not address the issue of vaccines at all? And were approved?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.