badbeatjackpot

what my attorney told me

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I used to know an English woman in the US married to an American; they were married less than two years, she left him, he filed for divorce, the INS (pre-9/11 days) ordered her home and gave her x number of days to leave the country. Tuff stuff.

Didn't happen with my Romanian ex-wife. I applied for the removal of conditions, she got an 11 month extensioin, she cheated on me, I filed for divorce and let the USCIS know. She evidently continued the process on her own on the east coast, but somehow some USCIS paperwork for her ended up in my mailbox and my wife (oops!) opened it. It said the conditions were removed and she should fill out a form to get her 10 year LPR card.

Wow...how'd she do that??? My friend was ordered to leave the US mere weeks after her husband filed for divorce. This was 1997 though; maybe things were different then?

Many divorcees are able to remove conditions on PR post divorce. It depends upon the quality and sufficiency of evidence that supports the alien's contention that the marriage was bona fide.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Timeline

I used to know an English woman in the US married to an American; they were married less than two years, she left him, he filed for divorce, the INS (pre-9/11 days) ordered her home and gave her x number of days to leave the country. Tuff stuff.

Didn't happen with my Romanian ex-wife. I applied for the removal of conditions, she got an 11 month extensioin, she cheated on me, I filed for divorce and let the USCIS know. She evidently continued the process on her own on the east coast, but somehow some USCIS paperwork for her ended up in my mailbox and my wife (oops!) opened it. It said the conditions were removed and she should fill out a form to get her 10 year LPR card.

Wow...how'd she do that??? My friend was ordered to leave the US mere weeks after her husband filed for divorce. This was 1997 though; maybe things were different then?

Many divorcees are able to remove conditions on PR post divorce. It depends upon the quality and sufficiency of evidence that supports the alien's contention that the marriage was bona fide.

In this girl's case she cheated on her husband and he threw her out and filed for divorce. It's not as if he had not been mentally/emotionally abusive towards her, but she's the one who actually screwed around so he got to play victim.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jeez, when I called USICS about Anton they told me there was nothing they could do since he his here legaly untill his K3 visa expired!!!! so that's why I held off on the divorce papers because I didn't want him to "Pay some girl 500.00 to marry him for AOS"

From what he and other Romanian aquaintences have told me in the Chicago area, you can find lots of women that will take a payment of cash and go through the motions of AOS.

His K3 expires in late January, I have the papers ready I'm just waiting for the right time to file.

From what he's told me he's ready to go home, but then again this is the same person who said he really loved me.

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Some of the men here have indicated possible fraud on the part of the women. Some of the less scrupulous IMB seem to perpetuate that type of fraud, IMO. Part of the purpose of IMBRA was to scrutinize more closely how these marriage brokers screen applicants.

I agree. Most places that already have a high percentage of fraud already go thru a lot of scrutiny (PI, Columbia, VietNam, FRS, etc), though some still fall thru (disneyland anyone? how about 2guys here with 1 girl syndrome?). And there are some dating sites/IMB's that will keep a womans profile active to get more $$ I am sure. IMBRA as stated above, was put in place to screen applicants for previous police issues.

What is the "2guys here with 1 girl syndrome"? I've never heard of that??

July 8, 2004 – Got Married

July 26, 2004 – Mailed off form I-130, G325a’s

July 27, 2004 – I-130 Packet received by INS

August 10, 2004 – INS sends me “NOA1” - an I-797, Notice of Receipt of I-130.

August 20, 2004 – Mailed off form I-129, G325a’s

August 23, 2004 – I-129 Packet received by INS.

August 25, 2004 – INS sends me “NOA2” – I-797, Notice of Approval of I-130.

September 2, 2004 – INS sends me “NOA1” – I-797, Notice of Receipt of I-129.

September 24, 2004 – BCIS? Receives I-129 from California center.

September 27, 2004 – BCIS sends me another “NOA1” Notice for I-129.

October 11, 2004 – NVC sends me bill for form I-864 ($65.00) along with Choice of Agent 3032

October 16, 2004 – I receive the bill and Choice of Agent form. Fex-Ex back next day.

October 23, 2004 – NVC sends visa processing fee bill ($335.00)

October 29, 2004 – I receive 335.00 bill.

October 31, 2004 – INS sends me application I-864, affidavit of support.

November 3, 2004 – Overnight USPS payment to NVC.

November 12, 2004 – I receive application I-864.

November 15, 2004 - DS-230 generated.

November 17, 2004 – Sent off I-864, overnight delivery

November 22, 2004 - Received DS-230.

November 23, 2004 - DS -230 Fed exd to Paula

November 29, 2004 - Paula fed-exes DS-230 back to NVC

December 1, 2004 - DS-230 received by NVC

December 15, 2004 - NVC Case Completed but not sent yet...

December 21, 2004 - NVC Forwards case to Embassy in Caracas

December 23, 2004 - NVC Sends notice of case completion to me.

December 29, 2004 - Received the notice.

December 30, 2004 - Emailed embassy for further info.

January 3, 2005 - Embassy replies with Interview date/date to "pick up" med. info

January 10, 2005 - Medical Exam

January 14, 2005 - "Picked up" Med. Exam info and Packet 4.

January 26, 2005 - Interview succesful.

January 27, 2005 - Picked up Visa at Domesa.

February 2, 2005 - Passed through POE in Miami.

February 15, 2005 - Received "Welcome to US letter"