evoria

What to bring to interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have been working on the documents which we intend to bring to the interview. After reading the posts here it seems that it is best to present the basics and hold back other information until needed. In others no need help the and create opportunitys for the CO's ask questions. The letter we received states that all originals are in and basically no documents are needed, except the medicals and the passport photos.

My questions:

1. Should I break the notebook down and have a folder with just evidence i.e pictures, affidavits of relationship, airline ticket stubs, 3 years of telephone records, emails, skype, ect and hand that off through the window.

2. Will they allow my husband to go back to the interview with a secondary folder with copies of everything that I already presented in original form i.e AOS, 2008-2010 taxes, pay stubs, copies of police report, copy of birth certificates, copy of DS-230 part 1 and 2, copy of marriage certificate, copy of husbands divorce decree.

My fear is that this huge 2 inch binder filled with all the above documents will not fit. My second fear is that they will request a copy of something and he will not have it to present. Should I buy a smaller, well organized folder to present the evidence and just keep the other notebook prepared to answer specific request. This is of course if they will allow him to walk back with this additional folder. Does anyone have any Ghana Embassy, experience that can tell me what they allow?

Sorry as I have said many times I am nervous and I am too close to happiness. I do not want a foolish mistake to mess things.

Thanks in advance for replys.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For IR-1/CR-1 Visa ,Let your husband go with the copies of documents you submitted for the petition.having enough evidence with is better than lacking them at the time of the interview.

Go with as much as you can lay your hands on.

Best of luck

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Timeline

My husband I just went through this even though we are CR1 take alot of pictures of you and him and family and friends ,,, letters written back and forth...chats....email records, phone records for him and you and just be prepared to just hand them over the embassy there isn't very helpful if you don't have your records in had ready to give them and they are in a folder they consider you not ready and will tell you to sit down without any other insturctions and then call you againl later...I was present at my husbands first interview it did not make any difference..... he had to go back for a second time anyway....but after the second time when he was alone and took in what they asked for he was approved.....but then the pick up date is like a month after the approval.... I hope this information helps you....

For IR-1/CR-1 Visa ,Let your husband go with the copies of documents you submitted for the petition.having enough evidence with is better than lacking them at the time of the interview.

Go with as much as you can lay your hands on.

Best of luck

Timeline

Ok, Heather Rae you are killing me. You say your presence did not make a difference. When you say a lot of pictures what is a lot? What should I be expecting? I thought we would go show these documents answer a few personal questions and we could begin our lives together. I have lots of pictures but I only chose a few maybe 30 or 40. Now I am extra nervous!

Thank you for your reply.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Remember that each person's case is handled differently. some people have been approved with just the basic and others with a lot more evidence requested.

from what I have read in many posts here , it is not the number of pics only but the quality of pics( that is,what story do the pics tell?).

a photocopy of all the documents that NVC already sent is a MUST. then pics of you guys together; alone and with various friends and family at different times and circumstances, proof of travel to be with each other, phone records, emails (if you have any) etc. With all of these , what is most important is how much your spouse knows about you, a slip or error in answering related questions could cause a delay even with the most extensive pile of evidene.

your spouse shd be ready to explain how you got to the U.S( or if you were born here), your siblings names, their jobs , your parents and anything that stands out about your family, where you live or have lived in the U.S ( how long there), what you do for a living( previous jobs as well). the weather in your state of residence etc.

some COs just asked these and not ne evidence( from wht I read on some reviews here).

also go to the african regional forum or the Ghana embassy under "REVIEW EMBASSY/USCIS " here on Vj and read people's experiences at your embassy.

all the best.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

Good point. I will stand on the strength of our relationship. We know a lot about one another and our families. Thanks for your replies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.