15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

...I know for sure know 100% that my husband has been placed on this hurrible AP:( oh...more waiting time for no good reason, it's so frustrating and sad. It's sad that innocent people have to suffer now because of past crazy extremists. :( I miss my husband since July...

I know how you feel. We have been on AP/AR since April this year. I was so hopeful that we could celebrate New Year together. But I called State Dept visa Office yesterday morning and the same answer pending. Feel so helpless.

I hope your AP will be over soon. Have patience. Everything that has a beginning has an end too, just hope that the end for all our AP comes soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I feel your pain. My husband has been in AP/AR for over a year. The waiting is killing me but God willing it will end soon with all of us getting the visas.

Timeline

I feel your pain. My husband has been in AP/AR for over a year. The waiting is killing me but God willing it will end soon with all of us getting the visas.

oh wow! That's such a long time. Have you guys had your interview yet? I looked at your timeline but wasn't sure how far along the process is for you? Have they given you a reason why it's taking this long, usally it's 90 days max, per us embassy website(Cairo).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

...I know for sure know 100% that my husband has been placed on this hurrible AP:( oh...more waiting time for no good reason, it's so frustrating and sad. It's sad that innocent people have to suffer now because of past crazy extremists. :( I miss my husband since July...

Is not a horrible AP, your interview was a week ago. Continue to track DHL and call the embassy next week. Everything will be ok.

As for the AP length, 3 months max is an aproximate for normal cases. If there's a name hit, or suspicion of islamic marriage (without documentation) it may take a year. I know a friend that ended up in a horrible AP. Agents went to visit the home, talked to family and friends and confirmed their suspicion: he was actually "married" to a lady and had 3 children. Since the marriage was a 'verbal contract' it was one of those things that was a catch 22. Needless to say, they didn't issue the visa.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

i am under ap since 28 july 2010 still waiting and now thinking to file writ of mandamusplease advise me in this regard any kind of information will be thanked

I just checked your profile. You should definitely let the embassy know that you intend to file a Writ of Mandamus. Your spouse needs to write the letter to the embassy since she is the one who will have to file in the US. Once you send them the letter chances are they will take some action on your case.

Timeline

i am under ap since 28 july 2010 still waiting and now thinking to file writ of mandamusplease advise me in this regard any kind of information will be thanked

This is outrageous! I'm sorry to hear. You should have your spouse take action asap!

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that you maybe be in AP. We ourselves have been in AP since October 3, 2011. Praying that we have good news soon after the 3rd month mark. Waiting patiently. :)

Good luck to you.

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that you maybe be in AP. We ourselves have been in AP since October 3, 2011. Praying that we have good news soon after the 3rd month mark. Waiting patiently. :)

Good luck to you.

ummmmmmm, I'm seeing a trend in this thread. The spouses are getting longer AP's? How could that be, or worse how should that be?

I hope you get good news asap!

Timeline

I have a quick question. In a case involving missing documents, does mandatory administrative processing begin after the interview or after the submission of documents?

That's a great question. I would assume right after the interview but it's just a guess. Maybe try calling the consulate services or DOS?

Timeline

I have a quick question. In a case involving missing documents, does mandatory administrative processing begin after the interview or after the submission of documents?

after submission of documents, after the interview. If you have missing documents (like a divorce decree, etc.), your visa wouldn't be approved.They'll tell you what's missing & they'll put away the case until its complete. Once it's completed, then they'll start the AP as they would need to check all these documents as part of that process.

If you're talking about the submission of documents prior to the interview, then no, it'll be after the interview.

Edited by NY_BX

Timeline

From reading posts, there seems to be two types of administrative processing-namechecks and document verifications. So, is it possible that since they keep passports that namechecks would directly be sent to Washington D.C. after the interview and before they receive the missing documents? My husband sent in the documents of which they were received last Sunday. They also kept his passport. From my understanding, I knew they would be reviewing the missing documents which would put him in administrative processing at the embassy level. After the interview, would you say that they would automatically have placed him in mandatory processing just for namechecks as they have told me? It would seem logical to me for them to send namechecks in immediately after the interview and while waiting for missing documents, to allow a quick conclusion to the case. Thank you everyone for answering my questions. This site is really helpful and I really appreciate everyone taking his or her time to answer my questions. I just hope that everyone's administrative processing comes to a successful end before the beginning of the New Year!!!

Edited by tp1986

Timeline

From reading posts, there seems to be two types of administrative processing-namechecks and document verifications. So, is it possible that since they keep passports that namechecks would directly be sent to Washington D.C. after the interview and before they receive the missing documents? My husband sent in the documents of which they were received last Sunday. They also kept his passport. From my understanding, I knew they would be reviewing the missing documents which would put him in administrative processing at the embassy level. After the interview, would you say that they would automatically have placed him in mandatory processing just for namechecks as they have told me? It would seem logical to me for them to send namechecks in immediately after the interview and while waiting for missing documents, to allow a quick conclusion to the case. Thank you everyone for answering my questions. This site is really helpful and I really appreciate everyone taking his or her time to answer my questions. I just hope that everyone's administrative processing comes to a successful end before the beginning of the New Year!!!

Documents verifications and namechecks are all part of the AP. Also background checks. Namechecks are done at the embassy level. Documents are verified at all levels. I'm not well-versed on how these background checks work, but although the process is the same, each case is unique. They purposely delay (which is horrible) spouse visas given they are cheaper than fiancee visas and the beneficiary receives a GC upon entering the USA. I've talked to many legal colleagues and they all have told me the "logic" behind these processes. I hope this goes by fast for all of you.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by NY_BX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.