Hilarious Clinton

My time at Walmart: Why we need serious welfare reform

93 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Better yet why don't you cut to the chase and just bomb something important in this country. I mean your talking about giving people who willingly broke the laws of this country by coming into this country illegally a giant reward and your kissing ####### at the same time to the businesses who fck the laws of this country while making a bigger profit not to mention screwing legal citizens of this country in the process. If anyone here hates this country I have to say it's you by some of the post you make on here.

I'm not sure if you have noticed lately, but his country is in a world of hurt, and if we did what you suggested then we would be that much more closer to being on par with Mexico's standard of living. I don't know if you have ever been to Mexico, but not a country that I would like to live in, nor would I want to see this country have Mexico's standard of living.

People that are unemployed should have no problem finding a job as a cook or a dishwasher.

And if you want to pick berries then I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities.

The people that think 'Merican jobs are being lost to illegals are delusional.

If you don't want to hire a Mexican landscaper or housekeeper or construction worker then don't.

My landscaper is 'Merican, housekeeper is from somewhere in Eastern Europe, and I have various contacts for construction workers but none that I can think of are Mexican. So I am not contributing to this "problem" of hiring people that are stealing jobs from 'Mericans.

I do think the housekeepers are illegals though...Could be wrong, I haven't asked them for their immigration papers.

Oh, and if you can't understand why a family in Oaxaca, Mexico or Guatemala, Guatemala (earning $5 a day ) are paying their life savings ($300) to sneak across illegally then you are also have something upstairs that isn't working properly.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

People that are unemployed should have no problem finding a job as a cook or a dishwasher.

And if you want to pick berries then I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities.

The people that think 'Merican jobs are being lost to illegals are delusional.

If you don't want to hire a Mexican landscaper or housekeeper or construction worker then don't.

My landscaper is 'Merican, housekeeper is from somewhere in Eastern Europe, and I have various contacts for construction workers but none that I can think of are Mexican. So I am not contributing to this "problem" of hiring people that are stealing jobs from 'Mericans.

I do think the housekeepers are illegals though...Could be wrong, I haven't asked them for their immigration papers.

Oh, and if you can't understand why a family in Oaxaca, Mexico or Guatemala, Guatemala (earning $5 a day ) are paying their life savings ($300) to sneak across illegally then you are also have something upstairs that isn't working properly.

So when I see illegal Mexican aliens roofing and siding a house in this country I'm not really seeing it right? It's just an illusion then? Give me a break. You break the laws of this country by entering it illegally then you should be getting a one way trip back to banana land ASAP! If you don't think those people are costing this country big time money along with jobs your delusional. Go after the businesses who break the laws by employing them and send the illegals back at the same time. You want to enter this country and be treated in a civil manor, then you do it the legal way or your an enemy of this country.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

So when I see illegal Mexican aliens roofing and siding a house in this country I'm not really seeing it right? It's just an illusion then? Give me a break. You break the laws of this country by entering it illegally then you should be getting a one way trip back to banana land ASAP! If you don't think those people are costing this country big time money along with jobs your delusional. Go after the businesses who break the laws by employing them and send the illegals back at the same time.

If I have a problem with my roof I go onto Craigslist and search under the Skilled Trade section for "roof" or "roofing". It looks like this:

LVCYg.png

I guarantee none of those first hits are Mexican. Probably 75% white and 25% black. Maybe 1 or 2 of the guys are reporting their income to the IRS. All will be accepting cash only.

You want to enter this country and be treated in a civil manor, then you do it the legal way or your an enemy of this country.

rofl.gif

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

If I have a problem with my roof I go onto Craigslist and search under the Skilled Trade section for "roof" or "roofing". It looks like this:

LVCYg.png

I guarantee none of those first hits are Mexican. Probably 75% white and 25% black. Maybe 1 or 2 of the guys are reporting their income to the IRS. All will be accepting cash only.

rofl.gif

If those guys don't have a contractors and business license they are breaking the law if it's an insurance gig or if it's something that has to be inspected to make sure it's up to code.

Contractors in this country do insurance and new construction using their own business and contractors license while employing illegal labor to do said work. So not only do you have the contractor making a killing...especially if he's doing an entire subdivision, you have him breaking the law while making a killing. Then you have his illegal slave labor taking work that should be for legal citizens. You want to play, then you pay. And if you try to cheat the system by hiring illegals you should be doing jail time while losing your contractors license at the same time. That's why this country has laws...to obey them. It's called civilized society.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

True. All those "roofers" looking for sidework could lose their jobs if they get caught.

So what's the unemployment rate in California and how many billions of dollars is the state of California in debt? :whistle:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

So what's the unemployment rate in California and how many billions of dollars is the state of California in debt? :whistle:

Blink coming jilted beyond green micro-spores?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

And, the weather doesn't suck.

Blink coming jilted beyond green micro-spores?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

And, the weather doesn't suck.

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/california/ <--- 12.5% unemployment for California? Whoa Nelly!

http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-01-19/opinion/27036341_1_debt-ceiling-debt-service-unfunded-pension-liability

How much does California owe?

As the national discussion continues on raising the U.S. debt ceiling to $14.3 trillion, Californians also should ask: How much is the Golden State in the red?

We've grown numb to annual budget meltdowns - shortfalls of $20 billion have become the norm. But what is our state's total debt? Would you believe at least $265 billion?

California's debt sorts into three buckets:

Budget deferrals, required reimbursements and related debt now total nearly $40 billion. How did "kicking the can down the road" get the state to such a large number? Budget gimmicks to achieve a balanced budget for one year (borrowing from local government, required repayments to public schools and other one-time actions) have added up. As Gov. Jerry Brown highlighted in his budget proposal, most of the budget "solutions" over the past three years "were temporary or failed because of court decisions or faulty assumptions."

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/26/free-tuition-for-illegals/

MILLER: Free tuition for illegals

California Democrats push taxpayers to subsidize higher ed for aliens

Democrats will do anything to pander for Hispanic votes in 2012. They’re even in favor of amnesty and cash handouts to illegal aliens, if that’s what it takes. The latest scheme from California liberals is a move to force over-burdened taxpayers to foot the bill to put illegals through college.

On Thursday, the California Senate Appropriations Committee passed AB 131, which would allow undocumented pupils to sign up for public financial aid at state schools. At the same time, the Golden State’s dire fiscal straits have forced cutbacks in public-education spending for actual citizens.

This particular bill is one of two measures in the so-called “California Dream Act,” a package designed to call to mind the congressional Dream Act which grants citizenship for illegals who go to college.

California’s version makes illegal immigrants eligible for millions of dollars in taxpayer-funded Cal Grants and other forms of financial assistance. The only limit for applicants is that they must have attended state high schools for three years.

The same legislation has passed before, but former Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger terminated the measure. Current Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown, however, has said that he would sign the bill.

State Assemblyman Tim Donnelly turned to the Web, appealing to his constituents to call the governor’s office and oppose the idea. The Twin Peaks Republican said in a video that the bill would “take your taxpayer dollars and use them to create an incentive for more people to come to our country illegally because we’re going to pay for their college education. And that just doesn’t make any sense.”

The big spenders in the state Senate don’t have a plan for getting any of the financial aid paid back. The illegals with no Social Security numbers who don’t file taxes have no reason to adhere to a repayment schedule.

Even if they wanted to repay their debt, the state’s unemployment rate of 12 percent makes it difficult even for anyone to find a job after graduation.

California is on the brink of bankruptcy, yet its politicians are more concerned with preserving their own salaries, power and perks of office than doing what it takes to avoid the looming financial collapse. Giveaways to illegals come out of the pockets of hard-working, legal families who have to struggle to pay for college for their own kin.

Mr. Brown should not sign the California Dream Act into law, but if he does, you can bet that illegals all over the country will race to the left coast to get their kids a free college degree.

Come to think of it, maybe that’s the solution for the other 49 states to get the illegals off their dole for schools and hospitals. Send them to California, where they can spend three years in high school and then four years studying fashion design or hotel management - all on the Cali taxpayers’ dime.

Emily Miller is a senior editor for the Opinion pages at The Washington Times.

sigbet.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/08/california-gov-brown-signs-bill-for-illegal-immigrant-student-aid/

Governor Brown Signs Second Half of California Dream Act

SACRAMENTO – Illegal immigrants can now apply for state-funded scholarships and aid at state universities after Gov. Jerry Brown announced Saturday that he has signed the second half of a legislative package focused on such students.

AB131 by Assemblyman Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, is the second half of the California Dream Act. Brown signed the first half of the package in July, which approved private scholarships and loans for students who are illegal immigrants.

Under current law, illegal immigrant students who have graduated from a California high school and can prove they're on the path to legalize their immigration status can pay resident tuition rates. The bill would allow these students to apply for state aid.

The contentious second half of the package requires that immigrant students meet the same requirements as all other students applying for financial aid at state universities but specifies that they only qualify for financial aid after all the other legal residents have applied.

"The signing of now both parts of the California Dream Act will send a message across the country that California is prepared to lead the country with a positive and productive vision for how we approach challenging issues related to immigration," Cedillo said.

The bills are different from the federal Dream Act, which includes a path to citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants.

Brown says the bill expands educational opportunities for all qualified students.

"Going to college is a dream that promises intellectual excitement and creative thinking," Brown said. "The Dream Act benefits us all by giving top students a chance to improve their lives and the lives of all of us."

Critics of the bills say it undermines immigration laws and encourages illegal immigration by granting access to state resources reserved for legal residents. Many Republican lawmakers say legal students have had their grants cut in light of recent budget cuts to higher education.

Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Hesperia, said the bill's passage will the biggest mistake the Democratic Party makes.

"The polling indicates that 80 to 90 percent of Californians are against this, and it crosses party lines," Donnelly said. He said he hopes to get a ballot initiative overturning the law started as soon as the bill is officially included in state statutes.

"It is absolutely, fundamentally wrong and unfair and it is an insult to people who have worked and played by the rules, including those who have come to this country legally," he said.

Ginny Rapini, coordinator for the NorCal Tea Party Patriots, said there should be consequences for illegal immigrants and giving them an education funded by California taxpayers isn't fair to the legal residents who can't afford to pay for their own tuition.

"What part of illegal do we not get? When people come here illegally they need to come here with the same rules and regulations that other people came here with," Rapini said.

Supporters argue that children whose were brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents shouldn't be punished.

The state Department of Finance estimates that 1 percent of all Cal Grant funds, the state student financial aid program, will be affected by the legislative package when it goes into effect in January 2013. The department says that 2,500 students would qualify for aid under the bill and estimates the costs to equal $14.5 million of a $1.4 billion program.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

The weather still doesn't suck. And our economy is not on par with Bulgaria.

You can have the largest economy in the world and it doesn't mean jack ####### if you spend more than you take in. If you keep doing that then you just get deeper and deeper in the hole....hence the fact that California is billions of dollars in debt, and came close to going bankrupt a few times...like this last year. Didn't anyone teach California not to spend more money than they make? I mean it's simple math. If you make $5 dollars, don't spend $6 or you will go broke in a hurry...sort of like what's happening in California atm.

Now take a state like Alaska for instance. Alaska is well over $40 billion to the good. California could learn a few things from a state like Alaska, like how to balance a budget while putting money away for a rainy day.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

While it would suck to work at Walmart and have to deal with these kinds of individuals, I am having trouble conjuring up much outrage.

I have seen much much worse offenders in the financial industry and private government contractors. I have seen individuals get salaries of 150k+ without a lot of difference when compared to a welfare check. Half of them have even been conservatives riling up against the illegal boogymen. It's like waving your arms and pointing to someone stealing form a cookie jar while you help yourself to some gold bars. That's when some can really bring out their inner outrage that would make a high school drama teacher proud.

So yeah I'm not sure I can get hell bent over someone buying a kit cat bar with EBT instead of corn flakes. And in this day and age, information acess disparity is growing and for many people a smart-phone is their only access to the web and/or email. So yeah I'm not going to be outraged about that either. And we should be grateful that we live in a society that having net access is considered a bare necessity.

Is the system perfect? Of course not. Are there many people taking advantage of the system. Definitely. But I can't really find any outrage when there are so many Enron and Haliburton class offenders running around.

I dedicate this song to LI and Crusty. :P

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg