englishamericanvisa

Vaccination Confusion

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

OK, I'm a wee bit confused about the vaccination issue with London. :rolleyes:

The US Gov says immigrant visa people must have this long list of jabs.

But looking at the London chart, it SEEMS we are let off quite a few, ie Hib. But is this 'letting off' only for K3s? We will probably wait for the green card, so does that chart apply?

Also, someone here said they had to have their MMR again. I have had Rubella jab at school and Measles jab in 1976. However, it does say on the form '1st Measles' so that implies I have missed others.

Might I need the MMR again? Also, is MMR safe or should I have it separately? I thought all I needed was the Mumps jab having had the other two many years ago.

Totally confused!!!

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage : 2006-06-03

I-130 Sent : 2006-06-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-06-19

I-130 Approved : 2006-08-09

NVC Received : 2006-08-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2006-09-07

Sent back DS-3032 2006-09-08

Sent Bill for I-864 2006-09-12

Received I-864 2006-09-22

Sent back I-864 2006-09-27

Received IV Bill 2006-09-26

Paid IV Bill 2006-09-27

IV Bill entered into NVC system 2006-10-02

Case Complete - 2006-11-21

K3 - First two dates are only approximate as did not keep exact record. Third date onwards is accurate

I-129f sent 2006-19-07

NOA1 received 10 days or so later.

Approval notice mailed from service centre to us 09/13/2006

Received approval notice two weeks later

Touched 14/09/2006

Case forwarded to London 10/03/2006

Have ignored K3 since then as we want the Green Card. Received a packet from Embassy around 10th Oct but did not note exact date.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I am as confused as you!! I have no idea which jabs I need to get if any at all. I got MMR, polio, dip, tetunus & menegitus ( dont think thats how you spell it) all at school!! But I have no Idea about the rest on the list I got from the NVC...

Rebecca & Jeffrey[br].png

115271070964697.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
a lot of the vaccanations on the list depend on your age....

Well, I'm 31. Muddied waters no clearer!

Also, on the London chart a vaccine is listed as TD.

Anyone know what that is???

Sigh. Why does everything have to be so unclear.

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Marriage : 2006-06-03

I-130 Sent : 2006-06-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-06-19

I-130 Approved : 2006-08-09

NVC Received : 2006-08-24

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2006-09-07

Sent back DS-3032 2006-09-08

Sent Bill for I-864 2006-09-12

Received I-864 2006-09-22

Sent back I-864 2006-09-27

Received IV Bill 2006-09-26

Paid IV Bill 2006-09-27

IV Bill entered into NVC system 2006-10-02

Case Complete - 2006-11-21

K3 - First two dates are only approximate as did not keep exact record. Third date onwards is accurate

I-129f sent 2006-19-07

NOA1 received 10 days or so later.

Approval notice mailed from service centre to us 09/13/2006

Received approval notice two weeks later

Touched 14/09/2006

Case forwarded to London 10/03/2006

Have ignored K3 since then as we want the Green Card. Received a packet from Embassy around 10th Oct but did not note exact date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here's a link on the London Embassy for vaccinations that are required, as englishamericanvisa said:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

I just got as many as I could at my local GP, and I told the Civil Surgeon in the US that I already had chicken pox.

Edited by BlueRaiderUK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Also, on the London chart a vaccine is listed as TD.

Anyone know what that is???

TD= Tetanus and Diphtheria

Edited by ljs

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I only had to get the TD jab and my MMR and I already had chickenpox. The rest I already had or what not required as I was 25

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Grownups :lol: require :

TD (tetanus & diptheria) and MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) all the rest are age innappropriate or in the case of varicella (chickem pox) not available in the UK.

even though you may have had your jabs at school the critical thing is being able to get proof of such from your GP's something i was unable to do (records didnt go back that far :lol: ) so had to have them again (no problem) then they'll give you a pretty little vaccination booklet completed that satifies the medical folk at your exam.

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

TD (tetanus & diptheria) and MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) all the rest are age innappropriate or in the case of varicella (chickem pox) not available in the UK.

even though you may have had your jabs at school the critical thing is being able to get proof of such from your GP's something i was unable to do (records didnt go back that far :lol: ) so had to have them again (no problem) then they'll give you a pretty little vaccination booklet completed that satifies the medical folk at your exam.

:ot:

Sorry, I HAD to butt in with your icon.....

GO BENGALS!!!! :dancing:

:ot2:

Edited by devilette

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was just wondering if they have the antibody titre tests avaliable in the UK...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

I was just wondering if they have the antibody titre tests avaliable in the UK...

Your GP can do immunity screens but they can take a while. Sometimes it's just easier to get the jab.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Yes I requested the titre test ref Chicken Pox and had it done free of charge (bless the good old NHS) but it was a total waste of time as when I attended medical they failed to record chicken pox or HepB vac which I had also had and was uptodate merely ticking the box "age innappropriate" - well at least I know I'm protected :lol:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

I thought I would have trouble with vaccination records as well, but when I got the vaccination record from the docs it showed I had had mumps/rubella/measles and tetanus in 1998. I believe I had them all because I was pregnant at the time :D, although I don't remember having any of them. I guess because when you are pregnant they are always poking and prodding you, :lol:

Anyway, good luck to everyone going through the medical and don't forget to get a copy of your vaccination record sheet as you are going to need all that info again when you go through AOS. :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.