EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After a year of thinking that they just disposed of my case, they sent it back to the USCIS in June. Today we received this email that we should have our NOIR in 14 days. At least we have some movement now. Can't wait to see what it says. ClockWatch2.gif Pray for us!!!!!!!

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On September 10, 2013, we mailed you a notice indicating we intend to revoke the decision made on your case. That notice will explain in detail what action we intend to take. Please read it carefully when you receive it. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-375-5283 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 375-5283 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

event.png

Timeline

Has there been any case on here in which the immigrant visa was issued after having a newborn baby?

my question is that if someone here can point out as to how they went about getting u.s citizenship and passport for their new born baby whilst having their spouse wait for immigrant visa. my wife is due this month inshaAllah and she is still in AP. so will be delivering our baby in karachi. I believe soon after the baby I can apply for babys passport at karachi consulate as per the consulate website, but it mentions that we need to submit original docs such as nikkahnama etc along with the application for new borns passport. But the problem is that the embassy in islamabad still hasnt returned our original docs that we had initially sent to NVC for processing. At the interview, officer told her that they will hold on to the originals.

So if I email embassy now to send back original docs, I hope it will not affect her case adversely. Although to be honest, there has been no updates on her case for a while and no work being done on it so I dont expect to see her case ending AP anytime soon. Her interview was last year in feb, 2012. since then shes in AP. sent fresh docs and medical this year in feb, 2013. still no visa. Should i explain to the embassy as to why i need the originals so that I can file for my new borns citizenship at karachi consulate? also, do u guys think it will help her case once they process the babys passport and all, that now we have been more for almost 3 years, have a legit marriage with a new born who will also be a u.s citizen by then with u.s passport? thanks for ur input.

Timeline

Has there been any case on here in which the immigrant visa was issued after having a newborn baby?

my question is that if someone here can point out as to how they went about getting u.s citizenship and passport for their new born baby whilst having their spouse wait for immigrant visa. my wife is due this month inshaAllah and she is still in AP. so will be delivering our baby in karachi. I believe soon after the baby I can apply for babys passport at karachi consulate as per the consulate website, but it mentions that we need to submit original docs such as nikkahnama etc along with the application for new borns passport. But the problem is that the embassy in islamabad still hasnt returned our original docs that we had initially sent to NVC for processing. At the interview, officer told her that they will hold on to the originals.

So if I email embassy now to send back original docs, I hope it will not affect her case adversely. Although to be honest, there has been no updates on her case for a while and no work being done on it so I dont expect to see her case ending AP anytime soon. Her interview was last year in feb, 2012. since then shes in AP. sent fresh docs and medical this year in feb, 2013. still no visa. Should i explain to the embassy as to why i need the originals so that I can file for my new borns citizenship at karachi consulate? also, do u guys think it will help her case once they process the babys passport and all, that now we have been more for almost 3 years, have a legit marriage with a new born who will also be a u.s citizen by then with u.s passport? thanks for ur input.

Not to scare you but we had to go through same process for my nephew. It was a hell! At the end, they included my nephew under his mother application. It took a year of running around! I would recommend getting a lawyer than doing it yourself.

Timeline

Not to scare you but we had to go through same process for my nephew. It was a hell! At the end, they included my nephew under his mother application. It took a year of running around! I would recommend getting a lawyer than doing it yourself.

wow, why so? what made it so long and complicated? can u share pls! also u mean getting a lawyer in states? how would he/she be able to help out, and do u think it will expedite? because we have seen that even people with lawyers have had to go through AP.

Timeline

wow, why so? what made it so long and complicated? can u share pls! also u mean getting a lawyer in states? how would he/she be able to help out, and do u think it will expedite? because we have seen that even people with lawyers have had to go through AP.

My brother is out of town this week. I will gr back to u next week

Timeline

It is good to see people finally getting their visas. Congratulations!

I hope the embassy will continue to issue visas and that my husband will get his soon.

Timeline

It seems like AP is taking too long for us and Visa may not be issued for even next one year. That's why we are planning on living in Pakistan and wait for the procedure together.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

It is good to see people finally getting their visas. Congratulations!

I hope the embassy will continue to issue visas and that my husband will get his soon.

You are very strong and optimistic. You and your husband have been waiting for such a long time to be together :(

It is surprising to know that you are still hopeful that your husband will get visa. Maybe Embassy is holding onto your husband's visa processing for some reason. Otherwise It shouldn't take that long.

we can't wait any longer for visa to be together.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Timeline

I am optimistic because 4 months ago the embassy asked for fresh documents, medical and my husbands passport. I don't know why it's taking so long for them to issue

his visa but I refuse to give up hope. There are people on here that sent fresh documents in February and March and they are still waiting. That means our case is not

that different in the way it is being handled by the embassy in Pakistan.

Timeline

After a year of thinking that they just disposed of my case, they sent it back to the USCIS in June. Today we received this email that we should have our NOIR in 14 days. At least we have some movement now. Can't wait to see what it says. ClockWatch2.gif Pray for us!!!!!!!

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On September 10, 2013, we mailed you a notice indicating we intend to revoke the decision made on your case. That notice will explain in detail what action we intend to take. Please read it carefully when you receive it. If you have not received the notice within 14 days of the date above, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-375-5283 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 375-5283 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Congrats at least you will not wait for 180 days and get your NOIR 1 in 3 months we still waiting for isl embassy to contact me and give me new interview date bith of us depressed now .even i lost my weight and hope seriously

Timeline

I am optimistic because 4 months ago the embassy asked for fresh documents, medical and my husbands passport. I don't know why it's taking so long for them to issue

his visa but I refuse to give up hope. There are people on here that sent fresh documents in February and March and they are still waiting. That means our case is not

You are an amazing women and an example of what true love is. Your hope gives hope to the rest of us. I too am glad to see movement FINALLY!

event.png

Timeline

i have no idea how the islamabad embassy works.all the old cases from 2010-2012 are still waiting in AP without any update and the recent onec in 2013 are getting issued with a very short AP duration.i am happy that atleast our pakistanis are getting visas but its unfair for those who are waiting for years and years,its not justice,.

after completing one year in AP on august 23rd i got e-mail from embassy that they only need my fresh medical and i emailed them back to find out that they only need medical or other documents as wel like ds-320 etc,but they said only fresh medical so i done medical and sent them on 30th but i think they didnt botherd to put in my file cause only last update on my case is on 23rd when i got email from them,

i think bacause they only asked for medical after one year my case is still pending and far away to get clear,and also any one know how long it take them to put receivd documents in the system.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.