Alexa

Supporting evidence question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have a double citizenship (U.S.A.) and Russian. I went to Ukraine to visit my fiance and used my Russian passport for entry to avoid filing for visa. As far as I know it is legal.

Now the question is: Can I use the stamps in my Russian passport as an evidence of visiting my fiance? My U.S. passport doesn't have any stemps from the visits since they do not stamp passports anymore upon the entry into the United States after the trip. Will they question my double citizenship? Do you think I should submit the copies as an evidence, or I better not to include it in the packet?

Anybody had this problem?

Thank you very much.

Alexa

K-1 Visa Timeline

02/24/2006 I-129F Sent to Nebraska Service Center

02/26/2006 I-129F Received by Nebraska Service Center

03/01/2006 NOA1 Received

05/04/2006 NOA2 Received (e-mail) (65 days)

05/06/2006 NOA2 Received (snail mail)

05/16/2006 Financial Packet sent to fiance

05/22/2006 NVC Notice Received (Case Number issued)

05/24/2006 Originals of supporting evidence sent to fiance

05/26/2006 Case received by Kiev Embassy/Packet #3 sent to fiance

05/26/2006 Financial Packet (#2) received by fiance (10 days)

06/05/2006 Originals of supporting evidence received by fiance (11 days)

06/08/2006 Fiance completed assembling documents for Packet #3

06/09/2006 Fiance requested interview via e-mail

06/14/2006 Interview scheduled on June 20th at 9:00 am!

06/20/2006 VISA APPROVED!

07/21/2006 Fiance enteres United States

09/06/2006 WE ARE MARRIED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
My U.S. passport doesn't have any stemps from the visits since they do not stamp passports anymore upon the entry into the United States after the trip.

Um.. when did that start?? I've been out of the country 7 times in the last 5 weeks and I have stamps for every return.

Why don't you just use copies of your boarding passes as evidence?

My U.S. passport doesn't have any stemps from the visits since they do not stamp passports anymore upon the entry into the United States after the trip.

Um.. when did that start?? I've been out of the country 7 times in the last 5 weeks and I have stamps for every return.

Why don't you just use copies of your boarding passes as evidence?

It depends on the POE whether or not you're stamped. I've gone through LAX four times in the last 1 year and I haven't had any entry stamped.

They stamp the customs form, not the passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.