Maya84

AP - London INterview

17 posts in this topic

Hi All,

So my husband had his interview in London this morning, and after a 10 min long interview they hand him a blue form which says no document needed but they need to do an additional processing, and once it is done they will contact him so then he can send his passport in. They handed his passport back to him. We both are very sad and did not expect this at all.

Does any one have any idea how long this AP thing take in London embassy?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Strange for UK. Did he ask them about the possible reasons? Is he born in UK? or in different country?

It may take few months or so. Timeframe is not predicted for AP ( Based on case to case ).

XrVRp5.png

Strange for UK. Did he ask them about the possible reasons? Is he born in UK? or in different country?

It may take few months or so. Timeframe is not predicted for AP ( Based on case to case ).

Well, we both are from Bangladesh and we got married in Canada because it was easier for both of us to held the marriage ceremony there since he had Canadian visa. He has been living in the UK for last 6 years. He said, they asked him questions about our wedding and all and the documents he took with him was sufficient. So no documents needed.

Timeline

Well, we both are from Bangladesh and we got married in Canada because it was easier for both of us to held the marriage ceremony there since he had Canadian visa. He has been living in the UK for last 6 years. He said, they asked him questions about our wedding and all and the documents he took with him was sufficient. So no documents needed.

If that is case, since he is from Bangaldesh, then they have to do name check, other verification process. Since everything was okay with interview, and once the AP is done, then he will get the visa. It may take around 4 months or so. Honestly it really depends up to case to case. Will suggest you to follow up the embassy for the same, and see what you can do to get the things done quickly.

Will be praying for you guys.

XrVRp5.png

If that is case, since he is from Bangaldesh, then they have to do name check, other verification process. Since everything was okay with interview, and once the AP is done, then he will get the visa. It may take around 4 months or so. Honestly it really depends up to case to case. Will suggest you to follow up the embassy for the same, and see what you can do to get the things done quickly.

Will be praying for you guys.

Thank you so much. The wait is unbearable but that is all we can do at this point.

Timeline

Thank you so much. The wait is unbearable but that is all we can do at this point.

Truly understand that! Will be praying that everything goes fine for you guys.

XrVRp5.png

Hi All,

So my husband had his interview in London this morning, and after a 10 min long interview they hand him a blue form which says no document needed but they need to do an additional processing, and once it is done they will contact him so then he can send his passport in. They handed his passport back to him. We both are very sad and did not expect this at all.

Sorry you were not expecting this and got a huge disappointment. It happens in London all the time for non-UK born. There is NO way to speed it up or know how long. The consulate can't tell you something they don't know.

I've written about this many times, so to save time here's a link to one of the posts explaining in more detail what I know. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/338074-fiance-went-for-interview-today-case-under-review/page__p__5002917#entry5002917

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks.

Hi Maya, I'm so sorry for your outcome. We had the exact same thing happen to us in Montreal on Friday (although my husband is born/raised Canadian, so we can only speculate on the reason for AP). It is so disheartening, so frustrating, so maddening. You think you've come all this way, and boom! We must wait even longer! I just wanted to throw in my support and sympathy.

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Hi Maya, I'm so sorry for your outcome. We had the exact same thing happen to us in Montreal on Friday (although my husband is born/raised Canadian, so we can only speculate on the reason for AP). It is so disheartening, so frustrating, so maddening. You think you've come all this way, and boom! We must wait even longer! I just wanted to throw in my support and sympathy.

I appreciate your support. We need it. Although, you guys are making me feel a little better about this whole situation. I hope the wait goes fast.

Sorry you were not expecting this and got a huge disappointment. It happens in London all the time for non-UK born. There is NO way to speed it up or know how long. The consulate can't tell you something they don't know.

I've written about this many times, so to save time here's a link to one of the posts explaining in more detail what I know. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/338074-fiance-went-for-interview-today-case-under-review/page__p__5002917#entry5002917

Hey thanks for the link. It is very helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Maya, I'm really sorry to read this! Hopefully, as the others have said, it's just a case of the embassy doing a few more checks and he will be all set to reunite with you :) Try not to get too down (I know that is easier said than done).

I'm sorry to hear this Maya :(

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it WILL pass and you WILL be reunited. In January I received devastating news that I had to come home to apply, and I remember thinking it would be a lifetime of agony. Granted, it wasn't all plain sailing but it looks like the day is almost here now, and when I think of it, 2011 flew by!

Ready for my grand ol' timeline? Alrighty then!

10-05-10 - Married in California
06-13-11 - I-130 approved
10-13-11 - CASE COMPLETE!
12-02-11 - Interview - 221g due to a washed passport
12-17-11 - POE - YYC (preclearance in Canada)

2011 to 2013 - Life happened

06-26-13 - Divorce finalized

10-07-13 - I-751 divorce filer paperwork journey begins

07-03-14 - ROC interview - approval pending delayed background checks

07-25-14 - APPROVED! 10 year GC is finally in production!

08-01-14 - 10 year GC in hand. The journey has finally ended. :)

2014 to 2020 - Living paperwork-free and focused on me!

11-09-20 - N-400 filed online - welcome back VJ fam!

6-22-21 - Interview in Nashville, approved! And then...

6-22-21 - Pledge of Allegiance taken. Holy shirtballs I'm a US Citizen.

I've spent so many years in the loving arms of the USCIS, but now it's time to fledge. So long, my friends, may all your journeys also end on the doorstep of whatever you're searching for.

I'm sorry to hear this Maya :(

I know it's not what you want to hear, but it WILL pass and you WILL be reunited. In January I received devastating news that I had to come home to apply, and I remember thinking it would be a lifetime of agony. Granted, it wasn't all plain sailing but it looks like the day is almost here now, and when I think of it, 2011 flew by!

Hey! I know - it is the most longest day for me at work today. I read all the posts from people that were in AP (Additional processing) and no one knows how long it could take. Could be months after months they say. Greatly dissapointed. I don't understand why they have to call you in for an interview and then hand you a piece of paper just to say " we need addtional processing", well then do it before you play with people's lives. Gets me mad.

Oh well. I am glad you are making progress with your passport situation. Have a wonderful time and get home safe.

Maya, I'm really sorry to read this! Hopefully, as the others have said, it's just a case of the embassy doing a few more checks and he will be all set to reunite with you :) Try not to get too down (I know that is easier said than done).

I'm trying hard to stay calm. Thanks for ur msg.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey! I know - it is the most longest day for me at work today. I read all the posts from people that were in AP (Additional processing) and no one knows how long it could take. Could be months after months they say. Greatly dissapointed. I don't understand why they have to call you in for an interview and then hand you a piece of paper just to say " we need addtional processing", well then do it before you play with people's lives. Gets me mad.

Oh well. I am glad you are making progress with your passport situation. Have a wonderful time and get home safe.

hi i have same thing co give whit paper 221g we are carrying out an administraive procedure your 221g paper in side

same thing co give 221g after interview

I'm trying hard to stay calm. Thanks for ur msg.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.