MrsAyilliath

I130 Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry Guys..disregard my G25A question. It actually pertained to the I130. I'm looking at wayyy too much paperwork at the same time. So here's my question the RIGHT way...LOL

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about which name to use on my I130. I am divorced but still using my old married name because I want my children and I to have the same last name. On the I130 it asks for family name which I'm assuming is the maiden name they are requesting. My passport has my old married name on it along with my maiden name as the middle name but the documents from which we were married have my maiden name on them since that is what was on my birth certificate. India law required them use the name on my birth certificate to approve the marriage certificate. So which name do I use on the I130? I know #7 on the form says other names used but will this be a problem?

thanks and sorry for the mixup.

AlisaandManojMemphis2.jpg

100_1290-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello. I used my new married name on all paperwork filed. I also had kept my previous married name but when I filled out all forms for uscis I put my new married name. Where it says something about previous names used I put my maiden name and my previous married name there. After I had already sent it off I decided to call uscis to ask about the family name and I was told it was alright to put my new married name as my family name. After all I am filing for my husband. The marriage papers sent in with the forms supports my new last name.

Lavon

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Filed: Other Timeline

use whichever name you are legally using at the moment, and any names you have previously used in the "other names" spaces.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello. I used my new married name on all paperwork filed. I also had kept my previous married name but when I filled out all forms for uscis I put my new married name. Where it says something about previous names used I put my maiden name and my previous married name there.

I did the same thing and have just started to change my name on legal documents. My congress guy rep said to use my new last name.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.