maning

Requirements for CFO?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I'm an idiot. I accidentally brought all my fiancee's documents NSO birth certificate, CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, etc.) with me back to the US. She forgot to get it out my computer bag before I left The Philippines.

My question is... what does she need to bring for her CFO seminar? If she needs certain documents, can we simply make scanned copies of her documents or do they require the original documents?

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

They like to see alot of original docs and keep copies maybe better to fedex them back but here is the link, FYI my girl took a few pics of us and some basic K1 stuff to be safe here is the link http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Edited by Jim N Augie

Timeline

Ok after waking up a bit...she will need original BC and NBI, but she can get that in one day there at NSO. You should be ok unless you also brought her passport back with you? She will need copy of your passport Bio page. It doesn't specifically ask for BC or NBI, one would think the visa and related papers and 2x2's would be enough but the "other documents" category can trip you up. the seminar is conducted by nuns and they tend to be strict, the idea is to be sure its a legit relationship and the guy is decent. I know they looked at the pics my girl brought and even kept one. they wanted to see her original BC and NBI. another tip- to help filling out forms, your girl needs to know your address and ph # , your mothers maiden name, and if she has a relative in the States she should know their address and ph#. Original annulment papers if applicable. Check the site for the site for the rest... 2 forms of ID etc.

Edited by Jim N Augie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I'm an idiot. I accidentally brought all my fiancee's documents NSO birth certificate, CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, etc.) with me back to the US. She forgot to get it out my computer bag before I left The Philippines.

My question is... what does she need to bring for her CFO seminar? If she needs certain documents, can we simply make scanned copies of her documents or do they require the original documents?

In my case,when i attended CFO at St.Mary they only took the photo copy of my BC,passport,valid ID's and divorce decree of my fiance..She still have to bring originals just in case they might going to ask, she have something to present when she get there..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my case,when i attended CFO at St.Mary they only took the photo copy of my BC,passport,valid ID's and divorce decree of my fiance..She still have to bring originals just in case they might going to ask, she have something to present ..

Timeline

Yeah you could always give it a shot with copies and see how it goes but you can get NBI nd BC in one day there now. they only ever keep copies, never give them originals but they can ask to see the originals

Edited by Jim N Augie

Just attended the CFO seminar in Cebu earlier today. They asked for:

Originals and photocopies of:

1. NSO birth certificate

2. NSO marriage contract (In your case it would have to be CENOMAR)

3. 2 valid ID's - passport, PRC license, driver's license, NBI clearance.

And copies of:

1. Pictures together - they mentioned 3 but they only got 2 from me

2. Partner's passport

3. Partner's birth certificate

Also, divorce/annulment decrees (not sure what they're called) if these apply.

To answer your question, I THINK they need to see originals. They need to compare it with the copies. They just keep the copies, though.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Timeline

Just attended the CFO seminar in Cebu earlier today. They asked for:

Originals and photocopies of:

1. NSO birth certificate

2. NSO marriage contract (In your case it would have to be CENOMAR)

3. 2 valid ID's - passport, PRC license, driver's license, NBI clearance.

And copies of:

1. Pictures together - they mentioned 3 but they only got 2 from me

2. Partner's passport

3. Partner's birth certificate

Also, divorce/annulment decrees (not sure what they're called) if these apply.

To answer your question, I THINK they need to see originals. They need to compare it with the copies. They just keep the copies, though.

:thumbs:

> It's always safer to have originals. They can require you to submit them if they want to.

> Never submit your last copy of anything. Always have a spare in case something gets lost.

> Take your entire I-129 packet to the CFO seminar. Why? If you are asked to prove that your fiancé is single, you can show them his income tax return where he filed as single. Another example...if they ask you for the maiden name of your fiancé's mother, you will be able to give them an answer without having to make an emergency phone call to wake up your fiancé in the middle of the night to ask him. The info you need is on his G-325A.

> Like lola said: it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. Lola is always right! :D

Another thing. Aside from the petitioner's mother's maiden name (AKA petitioner's middle name), the beneficiary needs to know the petitioner's place of work, his phone number, and name and contact info of any relatives living in the U.S.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

To me, the CFO is one of the worst organizations in the Philippines. They tell the women horror stories that are extremely overblown, but they act like it is an everyday occurrence. We were married for about 3 years before my wife went to get her passport in her married name. They told her that i would change if we ever went back to the U.S. They made her and several other girls go for copies down the street. Then when they came back with the number that they asked for, they needed more.

My opinion--it is run by a bunch of envious old hags. What kind of patriarchal bullshit is it that a woman needs the governments permission to leave the country with her husband. If a U.S. citizen wants to leave the u.s., they just leave, without having to get anyone's (on the u.s. side) approval.

Rant over...

I've had a lot of friends wive's and gfs go through the process. The best thing to do is act very interested no matter how mind-numbing, inane, or spiteful the whole thing is. If they think that you aren't paying attention, they often make you go back a second time.

My wife didn't need any information about me beyond our NSO marriage certificate. She needed her passport, marriage license, birth certificate, and brought our kids birth certs even though they weren't needed. Bring the originals and 5 or so photocopies of everything because they don't have a machine in the place. This is for the Manila office.

Someone above posted a link for their site. It was accurate when my wife went through, except didn't say anything about the many photocopies needed.

Another thing. Aside from the petitioner's mother's maiden name (AKA petitioner's middle name), the beneficiary needs to know the petitioner's place of work, his phone number, and name and contact info of any relatives living in the U.S.

I just saw this post, so i'll add...They did ask my wife these things. I worked in the Philippines at the time, so that was easy to provide. They also asked for my parents info, when she texted me for it, i told her to say that they were deceased (only half true) and that because of that, there wasn't any contact info to be had. (how would they know one way or another?) That was good enough, but it would be a good idea to have that.

The woman that my wife went with didn't get asked for any of that. It seems to be random based on the mood of the witch who processes you that day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.