LeeAnna

can my fiance attend the interview?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone! thanks for the so many helpful tips on my inquiry the last time! i have another question: CAN MY FIANCE attend my interview? i read he can, but i mean, can we face the CO together? or will he be only allowed on a specific area? i wish to have my interview with him so i can hold his hand and not feel so nervous. :D , could use some support :D

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Post this question in the Philippine specific forum and you will get a bunch of replies. I have read of many who have attended the interview in Manila with their fiancee, in fact when the day final arrives I plan to be there for Amy's interview.

:thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Post this question in the Philippine specific forum and you will get a bunch of replies. I have read of many who have attended the interview in Manila with their fiancee, in fact when the day final arrives I plan to be there for Amy's interview.

:thumbs:

oh cool! it means my fiance can too! wooot! so happy to know! thanks uve been helpful! errr,,phil specific forum? i think i need to find that one as i duno where that is..goodluck to you and ur fiancee!

Timeline

I was there for my fiancee's interview on November 23rd, 2011. I have to tell you, it is much easier process if both are you are together. The only thing they asked from us were our DS forms, NBI clearance, NSO Birth Certificate, CENOMAR, and my 2010 income tax return. That was it! We went there with tons of paperwork just in case they asked us for anything, but it was surprisingly easy. They rarely asked any questions from me, but directed most of the questions to her. The pre-screener even stated that our interview will be a piece of cake since I'm there.

Our interview with our CO was less than 3 minutes and the only things she asked us was, "you guys have been together for almost 7 years now?! WOW!" She was smiling the entire time and I already had the vibe that she was going to approve us. She asked how we met, first time we met in person, and why did we wait so long to file for a fiancee visa. Our CO was smiling the entire time and when she said "I am going to approve your visa. Congratulations!" We both high fived, hugged, then kissed each other lol. We started walking our her room and my fiancee thanked her and tried to hold back from crying and the CO replied back, "Enjoy the rest of the day and good luck in the USA." I peep back into her room and told her Happy Thanksgiving and she replied "Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!"

Our CO was a young, white woman and seemed to thoroughly enjoy her job.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

I was there for my fiancee's interview on November 23rd, 2011. I have to tell you, it is much easier process if both are you are together. The only thing they asked from us were our DS forms, NBI clearance, NSO Birth Certificate, CENOMAR, and my 2010 income tax return. That was it! We went there with tons of paperwork just in case they asked us for anything, but it was surprisingly easy. They rarely asked any questions from me, but directed most of the questions to her. The pre-screener even stated that our interview will be a piece of cake since I'm there.

Our interview with our CO was less than 3 minutes and the only things she asked us was, "you guys have been together for almost 7 years now?! WOW!" She was smiling the entire time and I already had the vibe that she was going to approve us. She asked how we met, first time we met in person, and why did we wait so long to file for a fiancee visa. Our CO was smiling the entire time and when she said "I am going to approve your visa. Congratulations!" We both high fived, hugged, then kissed each other lol. We started walking our her room and my fiancee thanked her and tried to hold back from crying and the CO replied back, "Enjoy the rest of the day and good luck in the USA." I peep back into her room and told her Happy Thanksgiving and she replied "Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!"

Our CO was a young, white woman and seemed to thoroughly enjoy her job.

WOW! reading your experience kind of brings tears to my eyes too! people who are in love deserves all the good things in the world! my fiance and i have been together for 6 years almost! haha! so im expecting the same reaction from the CO that will interview us! :D I wish the same would go for us. We've been waiting so long for this moment. I can almost imagine how happy you have been both, wow, that was awesome! Thank you, your story inspired me so much! I

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh cool! it means my fiance can too! wooot! so happy to know! thanks uve been helpful! errr,,phil specific forum? i think i need to find that one as i duno where that is..goodluck to you and ur fiancee!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hello everyone! thanks for the so many helpful tips on my inquiry the last time! i have another question: CAN MY FIANCE attend my interview? i read he can, but i mean, can we face the CO together? or will he be only allowed on a specific area? i wish to have my interview with him so i can hold his hand and not feel so nervous. :D , could use some support :D

The USC can not attend the interview at the Moscow Embassy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes he can come with you. I've seen a lot of Filipinas with their fiances during my interview. Good luck on your interview!

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.