Moony

N-400 December 2011 FILERS

641 posts in this topic

Thank you so much evrybody! it feels so good! I already prepared I 130 for my parents. I am going to send it on Monday! Who is with me on new Journey????????

Can u do that right away? I'm planing on doing that for my mom.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On XXXXXX, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our XXXXX location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Waiting to hear back from them now. The evidence really doesn't require much checking; rather the application requires a supervisor's approval. Logically, that shouldn't take more than 5 mins (much less the 60 days mentioned here), so keeping the fingers crossed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Moony:

I'm a January filer... well I sent my package Dec 28 but they got it on January 5 so that is why I sign up on the January List. Anyway, first of all congratulations on your journey; I have my interview and oath ceremony on Wednesday and I'm also planning to file the I130 for my mother and my brother. Did you use an attorney or is the process pretty simple?

I did everything myself!!! I started 4 years ago with n 400 for my husband, then greencard my self, then my mother in law green card and finally my n 400!!! It sounds simple, so I gonna start a new post to share our experience!!

Can u do that right away? I'm planing on doing that for my mom.

Yea!!! My husband filed for me the same day he had his oath!!

N400 Timeline:

12/03/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/05/11 - Received by USCIS

12/19/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Fingerprint done(walkin)

02/02/12. - interview letter arrived

03/07/12. - interview passed

03/16/12 - Oath ceremony (USC)

I 130 for parents;

03/20/2012 sent I 130 for both parents

03/21/2012. Package delivered

03/27/2012 received both NOA1

06/22/2012 both I 130 Approved

07/09/2012 NVC received both cases

07/25/2012 received case# and IIN

07/30/2012. Paid AOS fee

08/03/2012 IV fee Paid

08/08/2012 IV package delivered

08/12/2012 case completed

11/13/2012 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Okkkk, now let me give a little bit details about my oath ceremony! I was schedule at 10:30 , I got there at 10!! It was a long line up to parking lot for security, by 10: 45 everybody Was sitted! We were 165 applicants from 34 countries! The whole ceremony took 45 min!

If your office is in Oakland fl better to get there 45 min before actual time!!!! Good luck!

N400 Timeline:

12/03/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/05/11 - Received by USCIS

12/19/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Fingerprint done(walkin)

02/02/12. - interview letter arrived

03/07/12. - interview passed

03/16/12 - Oath ceremony (USC)

I 130 for parents;

03/20/2012 sent I 130 for both parents

03/21/2012. Package delivered

03/27/2012 received both NOA1

06/22/2012 both I 130 Approved

07/09/2012 NVC received both cases

07/25/2012 received case# and IIN

07/30/2012. Paid AOS fee

08/03/2012 IV fee Paid

08/08/2012 IV package delivered

08/12/2012 case completed

11/13/2012 Interview Date

Timeline

On March 19, 2012, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

It's good to know that an oath ceremony has been scheduled. I wanted to ask the group if it's a good idea to request an earlier oath ceremony? I called the USCIS help line and they said that one could request an earlier ceremony by sending in N-445 and a request for rescheduling. My only concern is that the current scheduled date is not pushed back due to processing or some other reason.

Thanks,

On March 19, 2012, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

It's good to know that an oath ceremony has been scheduled. I wanted to ask the group if it's a good idea to request an earlier oath ceremony? I called the USCIS help line and they said that one could request an earlier ceremony by sending in N-445 and a request for rescheduling. My only concern is that the current scheduled date is not pushed back due to processing or some other reason.

Thanks,

In my opinion, rescheduling the oath date will only delay the process. By the time you send the paperwork and its processed the available dates may be waaaaay after your original oath date. You are almost at the finish line. Relax...It'll soon be over...:)

N400 Timeline Phoenix Lockbox

12/12/2011 N400 application mailed by regular post

12/16/2011 Check cashed

12/16/2011 NOA

01/09/2012 Fingerprints

01/19/2012 Interview letter mailed

02/23/2012 Interview Date (Passed)

02/27/2012 Oath scheduled - got email that letter was mailed.

03/16/2012 Oath Ceremony.

03/23/2012 Passport application mailed by usps, normal processing

04/09/2012 Passport received!

04/13/2012 Certificate of Naturalization received in the mailbox! Done with USCIS Yaaaay!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can someone help me ? My sister had her n400 interview on Feb 16 then on Feb 29 her app was placed in oath ceremony que she want to know about how long will it take for her to be schedule for oath ceremony she is in the state of Tenn... Thanks....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Can someone help me ? My sister had her n400 interview on Feb 16 then on Feb 29 her app was placed in oath ceremony que she want to know about how long will it take for her to be schedule for oath ceremony she is in the state of Tenn... Thanks....

If she went to Memphis, I would guess between 1 and 2 months based on recent cases:

Memphis District Office

Timeline

I would suggest making an appointment with the local office and inquiring if there is some information you can provide to expedite the process: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

You are not accusing them for not scheduling the interview; just making sure that you have done what is required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.